MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job with Toronto. Not sure if the Navy on the powder blue was intentional or not. I'd prefer it were their regular blue for consistency with the rest of the set. There's already too many navy teams (in that division especially). Can't believe you're almost done. This series has been fantastic! 

Thank you guys for the feedback. This is it! Time for the Nats.

The Washington Nationals have one of my least favourite looks in the Majors, specially with their "W" logo resembling the Walgreens logo. That's why I decided to give the Nats a whole new look. I tried to be continuist with the scripts, but creating at the same time a new style. I decided to use "Nationals" for the home uniform, keeping the "Washington" for the road, the "W" for the home alt, and bringing back the "DC" for the road alt.

The sleeve detail and stirrups are mainly navy with red and white pinstripes, based on the American flag (and inspired by the cuffs of a shirt I have. Yes, yet another random inspiration), using it on the four designs.

Washington Nationals Home Uniform.pngWashington Nationals Road Uniform.pngWashington Nationals Home Alt Uniform.pngWashington Nationals Road Alt Uniform.png

Thanks everybody for all the support and feedback I've gotten through the whole series! But remember, this ain't the end. I'll be adding six expansion teams, so, stay tune!

That Nationals concept is a thing. I love the scripts. Clean but not your typical cursive. Yet they still feel like a natural evolution of the original Senators' script. I like the idea of the stripes, I'm a little unsure of how it would look on a uniform because it is so wide. But if anyone wants to get going with needle and thread I'm happy to be proved wrong.

One tweak I do want to see, and this can take any form, I want that "dc" logo on a cap. It's beautiful and you hardly ever see lower case letters on a cap. 

I like it! Especially the home alt. The new "W" is a big improvement over the current one.

Congrats on finishing all 30 MLB clubs! I can't wait to see the expansion teams!

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One tweak I do want to see, and this can take any form, I want that "dc" logo on a cap. It's beautiful and you hardly ever see lower case letters on a cap. 

Yep--plus, it would be a nice nod to the Expos' "eMb" logo. 

Cardinals: I like what you've done with the piping, alts, and use of the 1940-55 style hat on the creme alternate. My only complaints would be that I prefer the first "St. Louis" script, and I wish you put the creme alt's hat on the navy alternate. Good work.

Blue Jays: No complaints from me. I think you found an excellent way to incorporate navy and red (for the Canada Day alternate). My only suggestion would be to add two white stripes to the socks (for maximum split-letter/striping synergy).

Nationals: Your striping scheme and decision to ditch the "Wallgreens" W were inspired choices, and I liked the return of a "DC" logo. However, I kind of prefer the Nationals' current script font to the one you chose. Perhaps you could rework the Nationals' cursive font to be consistent between the "Nationals" and "Washington" wordmarks, while drawing a new cursive "W" for the "Washington" wordmark? I would also suggest that you have white wordmarks/logos/numbers with red outlines on navy backgrounds (caps and jerseys), while also using uppercase letters in your "DC" logo. Still, I like the direction you took!

I'm looking forward to see what you'll do with the expansion teams!

Thank y'all for the feedback!

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'm a little unsure of how it would look on a uniform because it is so wide. But if anyone wants to get going with needle and thread I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Here's a pic of the inspiration behind the design:

Nats Cuff.png

Given I've used 3 red pinstripes and 2 whites, I think it wouldn't be that big.

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yep--plus, it would be a nice nod to the Expos' "eMb" logo. 

11 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Scripts are very nice. Maybe put the "dc" logo on the away uni's cap.

Given the DC logo is (kinda) similar to the Expos', how about using for the home cap making the front white?

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Cardinals: I like what you've done with the piping, alts, and use of the 1940-55 style hat on the creme alternate. My only complaints would be that I prefer the first "St. Louis" script, and I wish you put the creme alt's hat on the navy alternate. Good work.

Blue Jays: No complaints from me. I think you found an excellent way to incorporate navy and red (for the Canada Day alternate). My only suggestion would be to add two white stripes to the socks (for maximum split-letter/striping synergy).

Nationals: Your striping scheme and decision to ditch the "Wallgreens" W were inspired choices, and I liked the return of a "DC" logo. However, I kind of prefer the Nationals' current script font to the one you chose. Perhaps you could rework the Nationals' cursive font to be consistent between the "Nationals" and "Washington" wordmarks, while drawing a new cursive "W" for the "Washington" wordmark? I would also suggest that you have white wordmarks/logos/numbers with red outlines on navy backgrounds (caps and jerseys), while also using uppercase letters in your "DC" logo. Still, I like the direction you took!

I'm looking forward to see what you'll do with the expansion teams!

Thanks for the suggestions for the Cardinals and the Jays. I'll apply them to future changes.

About the Nats, I'm not a fan of their current wordmarks, that's why I decided to give them new designs. And I decided to make the designs on navy in red with white outline isnpired by the Senators style.

3 hours ago, Yayay124yay said:

Sorry if this has been posted, but I use paint and what is your template?

No worries! I've been using a slightly edited version of a template from the Paint Users Paradise thread:

Baseball Template 2016.png

6 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thank y'all for the feedback!

Here's a pic of the inspiration behind the design:

Nats Cuff.png

Given I've used 3 red pinstripes and 2 whites, I think it wouldn't be that big.

Given the DC logo is (kinda) similar to the Expos', how about using for the home cap making the front white?

Thanks for the suggestions for the Cardinals and the Jays. I'll apply them to future changes.

About the Nats, I'm not a fan of their current wordmarks, that's why I decided to give them new designs. And I decided to make the designs on navy in red with white outline isnpired by the Senators style.

No worries! I've been using a slightly edited version of a template from the Paint Users Paradise thread:

Baseball Template 2016.png

Thanks!

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

Archived