MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, but I feel like it's throwing salt on a wound. I mean, you (Washington) took their team...now you wanna take their iconic look? I think if you're gonna bring back the Expos, they should be the ones to celebrate their history. 

It's like the Thunder wearing a Sonics fauxback. ??‍♂️

16 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I like it, but I feel like it's throwing salt on a wound. I mean, you (Washington) took their team...now you wanna take their iconic look? I think if you're gonna bring back the Expos, they should be the ones to celebrate their history. 

It's like the Thunder wearing a Sonics fauxback. ??‍♂️

I guess you're right. I'll probably use that style for the Montreal Rivermen.

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I guess you're right. I'll probably use that style for the Montreal Rivermen.

I'd say go with "Draveurs," as they were an actual historical group of river loggers in Quebec, and a French name would make the team more Francophone-friendly ("Expos" was fairly language-neutral). "Rivermen" would probably not be allowed, due to Quebec's language laws.

I would say that an Expos fauxback would be a nice idea for them, but if you want to make franchise separation clear, then leave the Expos fauxback for the Nationals. By the way, I really like that fauxback.

14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'd say go with "Draveurs," as they were an actual historical group of river loggers in Quebec, and a French name would make the team more Francophone-friendly ("Expos" was fairly language-neutral). "Rivermen" would probably not be allowed, due to Quebec's language laws.

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

If you insist on changing it, "Draveurs" is the way to go for all the reasons @SFGiants58 mentioned. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call them Montréal Draveurs.

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I would much rather Montréal get their 'Expos' back (or at least the name)

Thing is I want to make something different. Thinking in a realistic way, the Expos franchise moved to DC. So let's give the 514 City a brand new team to take revenge of the Nasty Nats.

So, given these are the teams:

AL West: Portland Thorns

AL Central: Oklahoma Dusters

AL East: Buffalo 89ers

NL West: Las Vegas Aces

NL Central: New Orleans Rivermen

NL East: Montréal Draveurs

This is the order I'll be following: Buffalo 89ers, Las Vegas Aces, Oklahoma Dusters, Montréal Draveurs, Portland Thorns and New Orleans Rivermen.

Thinking about it, two teams from NY in the AL East doesn't seem the best idea to me.

How about creating a team from: Tennessee (either from Memphis or Nashville) or Charlotte, NC? I could keep the "Number-ish name", but using of course a relevant number to the place chosen.

Wait, you're going with the Draveurs for Montreal and the Rivermen for NOLA? You should probably come up with a different name for the NOLA team since "draveurs" and river men mean the same thing. 

As for the other AL East team, I'd go with Nashville, since most expansion series tend to choose Charlotte. 

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

Wait, you're going with the Draveurs for Montreal and the Rivermen for NOLA? You should probably come up with a different name for the NOLA team since "draveurs" and river men mean the same thing. 

As for the other AL East team, I'd go with Nashville, since most expansion series tend to choose Charlotte. 

Crap, I meant "New Orleans Bayous". I copied pasted from a non-updated list.

Thanks for the suggestion for the expansion team, BTW.

If you're gonna do Buffalo as a team, you HAVE to do Bison, it's been their minor league mascot for a looooong time.

Also I think they should still be called the Expos, cause the Nats don't use any of the Expos history, and they've mentioned they would give back the Expos history if they ever expanded. (Think Pelicans and Hornets a couple years back) but I agree with the color change

Bayous, Dusters, Thorns, are all good, tho I've always liked the old PCL Portland Beavers name. 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

43 minutes ago, CodeG said:

If you're gonna do Buffalo as a team, you HAVE to do Bison, it's been their minor league mascot for a looooong time.

Also I think they should still be called the Expos, cause the Nats don't use any of the Expos history, and they've mentioned they would give back the Expos history if they ever expanded. (Think Pelicans and Hornets a couple years back) [].

Bayous, Dusters, Thorns, are all good, tho I've always liked the old PCL Portland Beavers name. 

All of this.

I've refrained from posting in this thread for a while but I decided to do it now. These designs are amazing! For the AL East expansion, I would say Charlotte, or MAYBE even the "Triangle" which contains Raleigh, Durham, and CH, because the area has upward of a million people than the Charlotte area. But go with what you want, that's a biased man's opinion.^_^

Thank you guys for the feedback. I think I'll be doing the Nashville Sounds (with a completely new colour scheme) instead of the Buffalo 89ers, given they have the best MiLB look (IMHO, of course). 

I'll keep on thinking about the Montréal name.

So, this is the final expansion teams list:

AL East: Nashville Sounds

NL Central: New Orleans Bayous

NL East: Montréal (-)

And the designs order: Nashville Sounds, Las Vegas Aces, Oklahoma Dusters, Montréal (-), Portland Thorns and New Orleans Bayous.

3 hours ago, CodeG said:

I've always liked the old PCL Portland Beavers name. 

Firstly I thought on using Beavers. But there are already some concepts with that name, and I want to go for something different.

28 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you guys for the feedback. I think I'll be doing the Nashville Sounds (with a completely new colour scheme) instead of the Buffalo 89ers, given they have the best MiLB look (IMHO, of course). 

I'll keep on thinking about the Montréal name.

So, this is the final expansion teams list:

AL East: Nashville Sounds

NL Central: New Orleans Bayous

NL East: Montréal (-)

And the designs order: Nashville Sounds, Las Vegas Aces, Oklahoma Dusters, Montréal (-), Portland Thorns and New Orleans Bayous.

Firstly I thought on using Beavers. But there are already some concepts with that name, and I want to go for something different.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

This is the scheme I'll be using for the Nashville Sounds:

Nashville Sounds Logo 1.png

Given they have a pretty Rocker look, I decided to go for Pink and Yellow, inspired by the flashy colours used in the Rock scene from the 60's (with the Psychedelic Rock) to the 80's (with the Glam).

Thoughts?

Yeah, I think that looks pretty cool. As long as you don't overdo it with the black on the uniforms, which were a big part of your Marlins set, I think there will be enough of a distinction.

Another suggestion would be to go with a less electric yellow and use something more like the yellow-orange in this logo.

Archived