MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Yeah, I think that looks pretty cool. As long as you don't overdo it with the black on the uniforms, which were a big part of your Marlins set, I think there will be enough of a distinction.

Another suggestion would be to go with a less electric yellow and use something more like the yellow-orange in this logo.

I tried it, but I didn't like the result. I think the electric yellow and the pink go well together.

I aleady have all the wordmarks and logos for the Sounds. Should I upload them or should I wait to get more feedback about the colour scheme?

12 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I tried it, but I didn't like the result. I think the electric yellow and the pink go well together.

I aleady have all the wordmarks and logos for the Sounds. Should I upload them or should I wait to get more feedback about the colour scheme?

I'd like to see them!

This is definitely an interesting and unique scheme, I really like the inspiration behind it.

I just had this idea when I saw the electric yellow, that maybe you could replace the black with navy? I think it would add to the psychedelic feeling to the scheme, and also simultaneously differentiate from the Marlins.

4 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

This is definitely an interesting and unique scheme, I really like the inspiration behind it.

I just had this idea when I saw the electric yellow, that maybe you could replace the black with navy? I think it would add to the psychedelic feeling to the scheme, and also simultaneously differentiate from the Marlins.

That sounds nice! I'll try the idea tomorrow.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Works for me! I would probably go with the lighter gray pick. 

2 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Navy works better, but I like the darker gray.

How about going for a "mid-way" grey?

Nashville Sounds Logo Home 2.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Just out of curiosity, are you going to post the Angels in Ducks colors once the expansion teams are done?

Yep. I'll be also uploading designs that "didn't make it". Like for example a brown Orioles road alt design.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I just spent the last hour going through this thread. Awesome work. Gotta say the Indians are great. Brown is extremely under-utilized across the big 4, and works for them. Their identity has so much potential, yet they roll out a mediocre, middle-of-the-pack set. 

Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for taking your time to go all the way through the series! Appreciate it.

Let's go with the first expansion team!

The Nashville Sounds identity is really solid, that's why I've changed nothing apart from the colour scheme. I kept the current uniform style, using navy for the caps, baselayer, belt and stirrups, featuring the pink and yellow on the wordmarks/logos and as trims. I designed two alt uniforms, and following the style of their current all-black uni, I decided to go for an all-navy special design, featuring pink and yellow in half-and-half.

Nashville Sounds Home Uniform.pngNashville Sounds Road Uniform.pngNashville Sounds Home Alt Uniform.pngNashville Sounds Road Alt Uniform.pngNashville Sounds Alt Uniform.png

NOTE: I decided to drop the pick from cap logos because, despite being a good feature, I think the letters look better alone.

I like the home/away. The home alternate works too. I love the guitar sleeve patch. Not feeling the road alt...and the 'Music City' one is a work in progress...I think you should pick one piping color and make it the road out over the yellow, with gray pants.

Archived