MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The 51s have a great identity, maybe one of the best in Minor League Baseball. They just have a pretty ordinary color scheme. 

1 hour ago, RedfieldNick said:

I like everything!

My suggestion for the 51's, purple and neon green? It would be interesting

I was thinking on going for something like this: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/107912-liga-nacional-de-béisbol-national-baseball-league-a-fantasy-spanish-baseball-league-2424-colour-schemes/?do=findComment&comment=2605600

BTW, I'd like to get more feedback about the Sounds. Should I stick to the original scheme or go for the Neon Signs-inspired one?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The more I think about it, professional sports teams moving or expanding to Vegas probably want to avoid names that connote gambling/sports betting, so a name that is relevant to the city's culture/history (such as the Roswell incident) makes a lot of sense. 

The Roswell incident happened in Roswell, NM. Nowhere near Vegas. But, Area 51 is close by. Thus the name 51's, which is an awesome identity. 

sig.png

2 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The Roswell incident happened in Roswell, NM. Nowhere near Vegas. But, Area 51 is close by. Thus the name 51's, which is an awesome identity. 

You're totally right. I guess I don't know my geography well enough!

39 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

That color scheme is perfect! Very alien-like.

:X-Files theme song sounding in the background: Let's go with Las Vegas 51's!

So, in the end I decided to choose the 51's-themed Las Vegas team. As @coco1997 said, if an actual team was based in Las Vegas, the owners wouldn't chose a gambling-ish name; and also, the NHL Las Vegas team is more likely to be named the "Knights", so two different sport teams with the same name isn't the best idea (but if in the end the NHL goes for a completely different name, I may do an alt identity based on the Charlotte Knights).

The colours chosen are dark purple and neon green, inspired of course by the alien theme. About the uniforms, the 51's current designs are pretty simple (despite having great logos and wordmarks), so I decided to keep that simple style, but adding purple and green trims.

Las Vegas 51s Home Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Road Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Home Alt Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Road Alt Uniform.png

AWESOME job! I was hoping you were going to use the "51's" logo as a crest on the home jersey, and you didn't disappoint. B)

I would add front numbers to the road and road alts, like the actual 51s jerseys have. A neon green front number on the road jersey would really pop. Not sure what color front number you should use for the road alt, though. 

48 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

AWESOME job! I was hoping you were going to use the "51's" logo as a crest on the home jersey, and you didn't disappoint. B)

I would add front numbers to the road and road alts, like the actual 51s jerseys have. A neon green front number on the road jersey would really pop. Not sure what color front number you should use for the road alt, though. 

Thanks for the suggestion about the number font. I've decided to use the teams' font to all the designs. What do you think?

Las Vegas 51s Home Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Road Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Home Alt Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Road Alt Uniform.png

32 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Wow, these are out of this world (pun extremely intended), especially the alternates. Out of curiosity, what is the font style used on the road/road alt jersey? It's the same font my school uses.

Thanks! I think the font used is one inspired by the Star Trek's. But I don't its name.

Hmmm....

Looking at that updated purple alt, how about using the "LV" logo as a crest? That way you don't use the "Las Vegas" wordmark on both road options.

The new number font on the back looks great, by the way. 

I don't think you need the front numbers on the home options. 

Archived