MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CodeG said:

The only problem with putting the numbers on the front of the jersey is what if there is a player who also uses the number 51? 

I think the Las Vegas 51's organization would have to make a rule that no player could ever wear that number. :lol:

55 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Looking at that updated purple alt, how about using the "LV" logo as a crest? That way you don't use the "Las Vegas" wordmark on both road options.

The new number font on the back looks great, by the way. 

I don't think you need the front numbers on the home options. 

I'd like to keep the LV logo, I really like it. I'll be dropping the front numbers on the home and home alt.

3 minutes ago, CodeG said:

The only problem with putting the numbers on the front of the jersey is what if there is a player who also uses the number 51? 

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I think the Las Vegas 51's organization would have to make a rule that no player could ever wear that number. :lol:

If a player dares to choose 51 as number, he automatically gets abducted. So no problem about that :P

4 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I'd like to keep the LV logo, I really like it. I'll be dropping the front numbers on the home and home alt.

I think you misread my suggestion. I meant that for the road alt, instead of having the "LAS VEGAS" wordmark across the front of the jersey, you could use the "LV" logo as a monogram. 

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I think you misread my suggestion. I meant that for the road alt, instead of having the "LAS VEGAS" wordmark on the front of the jersey, you could use the "LV" logo as a monogram. 

Sorry, I completely misread it. I prefer the "Las Vegas" wordmark, I think it's better than having 4 uniforms without wordmarks as such.

Just now, Victormrey said:

Sorry, I completely misread it. I prefer the "Las Vegas" wordmark, I think it's better than having 4 uniforms without wordmarks as such.

Well, you'd have one jersey with a wordmark (the road primary) and three with crest logos (the "51's" logo on the home and home alt, and the "LV" logo on the road alt), but if you want to keep the "LAS VEGAS" wordmark on both road options, I won't lose sleep. 

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Well, you'd have one jersey with a wordmark (the road primary) and three with crest logos (the "51's" logo on the home and home alt, and the "LV" logo on the road alt), but if you want to keep the "LAS VEGAS" wordmark on both road options, I won't lose sleep. 

I tried using the "LV" monogram for the purple uniform, but given its font is different to Las Vegas wordmark font, the set looked weird. So I'm going to stick to the the original option.

Here the home and home alt uniforms without the front numbers:

Las Vegas 51s Home Uniform.pngLas Vegas 51s Home Alt Uniform.png

10 hours ago, Victormrey said:

These are the Dusters' wordmarks:

Oklahoma Dusters Wordmark Home.pngOklahoma Dusters Wordmark Road.pngOklahoma Dusters Wordmark Alt.png

For the uniforms I'll be using triple trimming on the placket and sleeves.

Looking good. Not sure how much I like the lowercase "d" on "Dusters," but I guess I'll have to wait to see how it looks on the uniform(s).

On November 10, 2016 at 1:25 PM, ahowe6464 said:

Wow, these are out of this world (pun extremely intended), especiallyarrow-10x10.png the alternates. Out of curiosity, what is the font style used on the road/road alt jersey? It's the same font my school usesarrow-10x10.png.

I believe it's Federation Bold

Nashville looks great recolored, and I'm glad you didn't go with the cube font, it looked very ehh

"All they are is dust in the wind". Time for the Oklahoma Dusters.

Not too much to explain here. I decided to use triple trimming on the uniforms given I've not used it for any other team.

Apart from the wordmarks and logo already posted, I've used a "D" with an "OKC" inside for the home alt design, and a swinging tornado as sleeve patch.

Oklahoma Dusters Home Uniform.pngOklahoma Dusters Road Uniform.pngOklahoma Dusters Home Alt Uniform.pngOklahoma Dusters Road Alt Uniform.png 

The Dusters turned out really nicely. 

I like the color scheme and a lot of the other ideas, like the "D" with the smaller vertical "OKC" inside, as well as the monogram logo. However, in the context of the uniforms, I'm not sure how much I like the wordmarks. They just look a little generic. I'm not sure what other style to suggest, though. 

I also think you could think about maybe giving one of these new expansion teams pinstripes. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

The Dusters turned out really nicely. 

I like the color scheme and a lot of the other ideas, like the "D" with the smaller vertical "OKC" inside, as well as the monogram logo. However, in the context of the uniforms, I'm not sure how much I like the wordmarks. They just look a little generic. I'm not sure what other style to suggest, though. 

I also think you could think about maybe giving one of these new expansion teams pinstripes. 

I second this. Great everything, other than the text. 

sig.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

However, in the context of the uniforms, I'm not sure how much I like the wordmarks. They just look a little generic. I'm not sure what other style to suggest, though. 

48 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I second this. Great everything, other than the text. 

I actually wanted a simple style for the wordmarks. Any ideas for them?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Absolutely beautiful. That black alt is the best of the bunch.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

Love the alternates. Could we see the sleeve patch enlarged?

Thanks, and sure, here you go:

Oklahoma Dusters Logo.png

A friend sent me the design. He told me it doesn't belong to any team, so he decided to re-colour it with the Dusters colours.

6 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I actually wanted a simple style for the wordmarks. Any ideas for them?

That's the thing, I'm not entirely sure. I LOVE how the "D" and "OKC" look on the alts, so I'm not opposed to keeping that style.

Another suggestion would be to use the "OKC" on the road primary and the "D" on the home primary, but I'm not sure if you want go that far.

Archived