MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Another suggestion would be to use the "OKC" on the road primary and the "D" on the home primary, but I'm not sure if you want go that far.

I like the idea of using the "OKC" for the road primary, but I'd like to keep the "Dusters" wordmark.

I would like to get more feedback before making any changes.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the next team is Montreal. After thinking about it, I'll be bringing back the Expos. Not only because the language issues, but also because they had one of the best baseball logos of all time.

I'll be using a colour scheme inspired by the Asheville Tourists:

Montreal Expos Logo Cap 1.png

40 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I actually wanted a simple style for the wordmarks. Any ideas for them?

That's the thing- they're not bad. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just personal preference I guess. Maybe more of a 'dynamic' feel, like being blown away. Sort of like how the Lakers script on their logo looks like it's moving.  

sig.png

14 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

So, the next team is Montreal. After thinking about it, I'll be bringing back the Expos. Not only because the language issues, but also because they had one of the best baseball logos of all time.

I'll be using a colour scheme inspired by the Asheville Tourists:

Montreal Expos Logo Cap 1.png

Great logo, but one thing that's always bugged me about it is the lack of definition in the curl on the right side. Maybe work a line into there somehow?

sig.png

7 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

That's the thing- they're not bad. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just personal preference I guess. Maybe more of a 'dynamic' feel, like being blown away. Sort of like how the Lakers script on their logo looks like it's moving.  

Nice idea, I'll try it out.

7 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Great logo, but one thing that's always bugged me about it is the lack of definition in the curl on the right side. Maybe work a line into there somehow?

Sorry, but I don't understand you. Are you talking about the "b" part?

3 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Those colors look great on the old Expos logo! Any specific reason you took inspiration from the Tourists?

Thanks! Apart from the fact that I really like those colours, I think they fit well a team from Quebec.

10 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Yes, the b, aka the right side of the M.

I actually think it looks nice, I'm fine with it.

13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Man, that's a great color scheme. Looking forward to the unis!

8 minutes ago, Yayay124yay said:

Great color scheme, when I saw your first recoloured logo, I Wasnt a fan, but when I saw the others with it, man I loved it.

Thank you guys!

Let's continue with the Expos!

As I've already explained, I've used Cream/Navy/Blue/Teal as colour scheme. Keeping the original Expos logos/wordmarks and making a bit of combination of eras: I decided to give the main set (home, road and the alts) the last style used by the Expos. In this way I could add a pinstriped team, as @coco1997 suggested.

Montreal Expos Home Uniform.pngMontreal Expos Road Uniform.pngMontreal Expos Home Alt Uniform 2.pngMontreal Expos Road Alt Uniform 2.png

Also, I decided to make a fauxback set, inspired by the designs used by the team during the 80's:

Montreal Expos Home Alt Uniform.pngMontreal Expos Road Alt Uniform.png

I'm sorry, but that color scheme looks terrible on the Expos. The mint bleeds way too much into the white, and the royal looks really out of place. Royal/red with a bit of metallic gold would look so much better.

If you're going to alter the identity that much, just change the name to "Draveurs." It'd be more original, and less "I'm just going to recolor a bunch of pre-existing logos," which is kind of lazy. I really liked a lot of what you did up to this point in the series, but recoloring a bunch of minor league logos for your expansion teams demonstrates some of the significant gaps between major- and minor-league identity construction.

Nashville has probably been the best one of your expansion teams, and that's largely because you adopted a strong color scheme and one of the more refined minor league identities (although you could use a more fitting number font). Las Vegas feels a little too plain (even though the color scheme has potential), and the same can be said for Oklahoma City (you could really do a lot more with that color scheme - maybe go a little further into sepia tones?). I really liked a lot of what you had done up to this point in the series, but you've kind of lost me with you expansion teams.

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm sorry, but that color scheme looks terrible on the Expos. The mint bleeds way too much into the white, and the royal looks really out of place. Royal/red with a bit of metallic gold would look so much better.

I think there needs to be a white/cream outline on the teal/seafoam green alt's back numbers.

Archived