MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

On 11/23/2016 at 0:04 PM, Victormrey said:

Despite the colour scheme is too close to the Rockies', I really like the name idea. I may be using it for the future tweak series.

Or... you could try a Colorado themed blue red and yellow for the Rockies, and the Nighthawks get the go. Just a thought. Everything looks stunning though.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job on the Thorns! I know you're not going to be doing tweaks any time soon, but nevertheless I wanted to make some comments and suggestions.

- The script is nice but a little generic. If you could find something close to the Schlitz or Blatz beer font, I think it would really take the concept to another level. Does anyone know where that kind of font can be downloaded for free?

- I'm not sure I like the angle of the "Portland" script. I would either straighten it out a bit or drop it altogether and just use a "P" as a crest logo.

- In the past I know I've complained about some of your expansion teams having too many cap options, but this time I'm going to complain they don't have enough. ;) For the home alt cap, how about a green crown with a red bill?

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

Brother, 

I wanna commend you on a job well done.  Excellent series! I think I speak for many when I say, I really enjoyed it. 

Thank you very much for the comment, I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, RedfieldNick said:

Or... you could try a Colorado themed blue red and yellow for the Rockies, and the Nighthawks get the go. Just a thought. Everything looks stunning though.

That'd be nice. I'll bear it in mind for the next series.

33 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Nice job on the Thorns! I know you're not going to be doing tweaks any time soon, but nevertheless I wanted to make some comments and suggestions.

- The script is nice but a little generic. If you could find something close to the Schlitz or Blatz beer font, I think it would really take the concept to another level. Does anyone know where that kind of font can be downloaded for free?

- I'm not sure I like the angle of the "Portland" script. I would either straighten it out a bit or drop it altogether and just use a "P" as a crest logo.

- In the past I know I've complained about some of your expansion teams having too many cap options, but this time I'm going to complain they don't have enough. ;) For the home alt cap, how about a green crown with a red bill?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be considering them for future tweaks.

About the font, I get all the fonts from DaFont, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find a similar one to those you've named from there ;)

I also wanted to throw this out idea out there:

If and when you go back and revisit your expansion teams, I think Charlotte would make a better option for an AL Central expansion team than Oklahoma. Charlotte is often cited as an ideal spot for MLB expansion, and the Knights have lead the minors in fan attendance the last few years. You could easily use the Knights identity but play around with the colors.

Here are some other ideas: http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/04/22/mlb-expansion-montreal-mexico-city-charlotte-portland

The top contenders are Mexico City, Montreal, Vancouver, Charlotte, Portland, and Austin. They also mention Vegas, Nashville and New Orleans, all of which you used. Mexico City is really interesting idea if you want to expand outside of the U.S.

5 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I also wanted to throw this out idea out there:

If and when you go back and revisit your expansion teams, I think Charlotte would make a better option for an AL Central expansion team than Oklahoma. Charlotte is often cited as an ideal spot for MLB expansion, and the Knights have lead the minors in fan attendance the last few years. You could easily use the Knights identity but play around with the colors.

Here are some other ideas: http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/04/22/mlb-expansion-montreal-mexico-city-charlotte-portland

The top contenders are Mexico City, Montreal, Vancouver, Charlotte, Portland, and Austin. They also mention Vegas, Nashville and New Orleans, all of which you used. Mexico City is really interesting idea if you want to expand outside of the U.S.

Thing is, Charlotte would be a East city, wouldn't it?

About Mexico City, I have planned a MiLB Latin American team series, in which I'll include it. Being realistic, I don't think Mexico will get a Major team any time soon.

12 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thing is, Charlotte would be a East city, wouldn't it?

About Mexico City, I have planned a MiLB Latin American team series, in which I'll include it. Being realistic, I don't think Mexico will get a Major team any time soon.

Charlotte wouldn't necessarily have to be an East team. I mean, the Pirates play in the NL Central, even though Pittsburgh is pretty far east.

The Latin American MiLB series sounds exciting!

8 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Charlotte wouldn't necessarily have to be an East team. I mean, the Pirates play in the NL Central, even though Pittsburgh is pretty far east.

Fair enough! Then I'll be considering Charlotte as a substitute of Oklahoma.

This is a little late. Well first off, this was one of my favorite MLB concept threads. Second, I'm thinking of starting to create my own concepts, I already have Paint but can't find any templates. Was wondering what template you used for here and how would I download it? Thanks 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

2 minutes ago, CodeG said:

This is a little late. Well first off, this was one of my favorite MLB concept threads. Second, I'm thinking of starting to create my own concepts, I already have Paint but can't find any templates. Was wondering what template you used for here and how would I download it? Thanks 

Thank you very much for the comment!

I've been using a slightly edited version of a template I found in the Paint Users' Paradise thread. Here's the blank version of it:

Baseball Template 2016.png

To use it, just click on the pic to see the larger version, and then, copypaste it on Paint ;)

2 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you very much for the comment!

I've been using a slightly edited version of a template I found in the Paint Users' Paradise thread. Here's the blank version of it:

Baseball Template 2016.png

To use it, just click on the pic to see the larger version, and then, copypaste it on Paint ;)

Thanks man! Keep up the good work

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Archived