MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I would go with the second one, except that I'd replace teal with the light blue from your third option. But even if you stick with teal, the second one is my choice.  

How about this? Made the teal a bit more blue-ish:

Miami Marlins Tweak Colour Test.png

Here we go: one team, same inspiration, two totally different sets.

Let's go first with the teal/orange scheme. The colours and style are inspired by the city of Miami, as well as by other sport teams from the city, like the Miami Dolphins and the Miami Hurricanes, as well as by the International League Miami Marlins. I could't decide which colour use for each alternate, so I tried both combiations:

Miami Marlins Home Uniform 2.pngMiami Marlins Road Uniform 2.pngMiami Marlins Home Alt Uniform 3.pngMiami Marlins Home Alt Uniform 4.pngMiami Marlins Road Alt Uniform 3.pngMiami Marlins Road Alt Uniform 2.png

The other set is inspired by the Art-Deco, as well as by Miami Vice, using blue-ish teal, pink and black as colours:

Miami Marlins Home Uniform.pngMiami Marlins Road Uniform.pngMiami Marlins Home Alt Uniform 2.pngMiami Marlins Home Alt Uniform 1.pngMiami Marlins Road Alt Uniform 1.png

Special thanks to @ZionEagle, who let me use his great updated Marlins logo.

Sorry for making such a long post, but I wanted to show all the the desigs together.

14 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

The first option, DEFINTELY the first option.

Could you add 'Marlins' to the home uniform? 

The problem with the Marlins script is that it has black countour, and if I do the inner part black too, it'd look weird. I tried to edit it to get rid of the black border, but it just doesn't look right.

10 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Kansas City Royals Home Uniform.pngKansas City Royals Road Uniform.pngKansas City Royals Home Alt Uniform.pngKansas City Royals Road Alt Uniform.png

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Kansas City Royals Home Uniform.png

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Kansas City Royals Home Alt Uniform.png

(Constant clapping) Thank you, just thank you as a life long Royals for keeping the colors and not overpowering gold. Also, I like the teal and orange look for the Marlins better than the other.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Man, this is a tough one. I must be in the minority because I prefer the black/teal/pink set. I realize the teal and orange scheme probably makes more sense, but that pink alternate from the second set might be may favorite of the whole lot. 

Also, props to @ZionEagle for letting you use his logo because it looks fantastic!

The first Miami color base is definitely better in my mind. But I think it needs a couple of edits. I would say dropping the "modern" swishy Marlin altogether. That means on the scrips and the cap. I would either leave it plain or replace that logo with the retro Marlin that you've used for the sleeve patch. The other edit is that on the gray uniform, replace the silver outline with white and it will look a lot better. (I found that out on my own Marlins concept)

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Man, this is a tough one. I must be in the minority because I prefer the black/teal/pink set. I realize the teal and orange scheme probably makes more sense, but that pink alternate from the second set might be may favorite of the whole lot. 

Also, props to @ZionEagle for letting you use his logo because it looks fantastic!

I agree on the teal and pink. It stands out, and that's the direction I want the Marlins to go with.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

The problem with the Marlins script is that it has black countour, and if I do the inner part black too, it'd look weird. I tried to edit it to get rid of the black border, but it just doesn't look right.

Whichever direction you decide to go with, I think this is my favorite so far in the series. I think for the teal and orange set, rather than trying to get rid of the black I think you could actually incorporate it more overall into the set as a whole. The black to me looks out of place being only on the wordmarks of the alternates. Besides, teal and orange look great together, but they probably most of the time need a darker color in order to contrast with the white. Even the Dolphins have navy as a contrast to the brighter colors.

I am surprised at how much I like the teal and pink set, my favorite part being the sock pattern. I think whichever direction you decide, those should be a part of it. As for the sleeve patch, I like it in theory but don't think it works with the modernity the rest of the set is going for. Overall though, nice job with the Marlins.

Thank you all for the feedback!

This is a really difficult decision, but I think I'll go for the Teal/Pink/Black set. There's a couple of reason why I choose it:

First, the Teal/Orange combo looks great, it's Miami-related, and it's not other baseball team uses it. But the Teal/Pink/Black also looks fine to me, and it's inspired by the city of Miami as well; also, it's not ony unique for a baseball team but also for a sport team in general. Also, the use of black makes a more continuist and natural look for the Marlins.

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you all for the feedback!

This is a really difficult decision, but I think I'll go for the Teal/Pink/Black set. There's a couple of reason why I choose it:

First, the Teal/Orange combo looks great, it's Miami-related, and it's not other baseball team uses it. But the Teal/Pink/Black also looks fine to me, and it's inspired by the city of Miami as well; also, it's not ony unique for a baseball team but also for a sport team in general. Also, the use of black makes a more continuist and natural look for the Marlins.

Good decision in my book. 

Looking forward to the Angels!

Archived