MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

19 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

If they insist on keeping navy, then add some brown to it at least.

35a7kwo.jpg

I think a lighter brown (tan, even) would really make that work.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I really like those updated brown and orange looks (the late 80s brown/orange is still my favorite look too). If they were to release a brown hat with a white and orange logo, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/26/2016 at 4:11 PM, mjd77 said:

Exactly.  Given that MLB allowed Arizona's current mess to happen there's no way they told SD they could or couldn't do something.

Agreed.  It just seems goofy as hell that MLB would single out THE PADRES for streamlining.  Consider all the other goofy stuff and color combos and multiple alts that other teams wear, why is MLB telling SD to streamline it?  Might be a case of the front office wanting an excuse for changing again, so they told the reporter, "Well, MLB would like a streamlined look", when in reality, MLB said nothing and it was just an excuse to toss the yellow because management are a bunch of morons who can't get their identity right.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

57 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Love it. Especially love how simple it is, even despite having so many uniforms, the changes are simple. Also loving the idea of brown/gold at home and brown/orange on the road. Plenty of teams have a different color scheme for home and away and if done right the Padres could get away with it as a way of pleasing multiple parts of the fanbase and still sneaking in an extra color or two. Good job.

On 11/26/2016 at 10:40 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's mind boggling how they operate.

They announce new uniforms seemingly every year, but (with exception of last year with the yellow) they're basically the same as the previous ones just with some aspect removed.

Now, they have "new" home uniforms that will only be worn on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, while a throwback will be on Wednesday, brown on Friday, navy-man dress up on Sunday, and I forget what was on Saturday.

THen their "new" road uniform is just a non-urine version of one of their old road uniforms.  

They're among the least inspiring uniform sets in any of the major leagues - I just don't get what makes people in highly-paid positions give the green light to changes like this

You had me at "mind boggling" and the Moz avatar.

On 11/24/2016 at 6:53 AM, Thomas said:

I prefer blue and yellow for the Padres. I understand some like the brown color scheme, but i believe the majority of people can't get behind it.

The blue and yellow was popular in San Diego no doubt. Frankly now that it's gone, I like it even more than when they were wearing it.

On 11/26/2016 at 8:40 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's mind boggling how they operate.

They announce new uniforms seemingly every year, but (with exception of last year with the yellow) they're basically the same as the previous ones just with some aspect removed.

Now, they have "new" home uniforms that will only be worn on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, while a throwback will be on Wednesday, brown on Friday, navy-man dress up on Sunday, and I forget what was on Saturday.

THen their "new" road uniform is just a non-urine version of one of their old road uniforms.  

They're among the least inspiring uniform sets in any of the major leagues - I just don't get what makes people in highly-paid positions give the green light to changes like this

Saturday is another standard home uniform day. And Sundays are actually Marine camo days again, the navy camo will only be worn twice during the year. Navy appreciation day and one other Sunday.

The Padres said when they did the 2016 unveil last offseason that the Marine and Navy camos will alternate from year to year but that each will still be worn if a specific military branch is being honored. So last year was the Navy camos but if the Marines were being celebrated on a specific day then the Marine jerseys were worn. So for 2017, if nothing has changed in regards to this, they will wear the brown Marine camo jerseys every home Sunday unless it's a day that's honoring the Navy and if so the Navy camo will be worn. I hope I explained that clearly.

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Padres said when they did the 2016 unveil last offseason that the Marine and Navy camos will alternate from year to year but that each will still be worn if a specific military branch is being honored. So last year was the Navy camos but if the Marines were being celebrated on a specific day then the Marine jerseys were worn. So for 2017, if nothing has changed in regards to this, they will wear the brown Marine camo jerseys every home Sunday unless it's a day that's honoring the Navy and if so the Navy camo will be worn. I hope I explained that clearly.

True. Though considering by October the Navy will have retired that uniform pattern the Padres Navy Camo is based on I wouldn't expect to see it used beyond the 2017 season.

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

The blue and yellow was popular in San Diego no doubt. Frankly now that it's gone, I like it even more than when they were wearing it.

Right, i think the best 3 colors for the Padres would be: royal blue, yellow, sand.....like the ocean, sun and the beaches.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Padres have to be blue/yellow or brown/yellow. Don't like the orange as it's slightly too dark to provide a great contrast.

Blue/orange wouldn't be that bad, but it just doesn't feel like the classic Padres (even though they've gone with blue/orange before...)

14 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

Blue/orange wouldn't be that bad, but it just doesn't feel like the classic Padres (even though they've gone with blue/orange before...)

Have to disagree. Some of the best Padres teams were in navy/orange. To me it is the definitive Padres color scheme of those they've worn. As someone pointed out the brown/orange screams Cleveland Browns (and indeed the Padres teams that wore that color combo weren't much better than the Browns in their sport). If they have to go brown, yellow is the proper accompanying color among those they've worn in the past. Though a light blue/brown combo would be better.

Archived