TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

Recommended Posts

On 2/4/2017 at 4:01 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

Oh, and another one which I can't believe I forgot, since it is among my favourite uniforms of all time:

 20170204_190014.jpg 

 

That A's combo is amazing. Mix it with grey pants and it's horrible. Actually, I'd love to see the A's wear this at home and then wear the same white pants, but with a green top, on the road. Great look for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MLB shop site has official Stance socks for sale.

 

http://www.mlbshop.com/search/stance diamond pro

 

A few styles feature stripes, but they don't seem to be attached to particular teams.

 

We've seen the Orioles promote the black and Orange socks as theirs.

 

I remember a few Dodgers players wore the royal blue socks with gray stripes last year.

 

The black, gold, & white has to be for the Pirates.

 

The dark green with yellow is certainly the A's.

 

I assume the red with thin white stripes would be for the Cincinnati Reds.

 

Navy with white and red stripes: Braves, Nationals, Indians, Twins?

 

The black ones with many thin white stripes and pale gray with black stripes: White Sox?

thumb (1).jpg

thumb (2).jpg

thumb (3).jpg

thumb (4).jpg

thumb (5).jpg

thumb (6).jpg

thumb (7).jpg

thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wally1912 said:

The MLB shop site has official Stance socks for sale.

 

http://www.mlbshop.com/search/stance diamond pro

 

A few styles feature stripes, but they don't seem to be attached to particular teams.

 

We've seen the Orioles promote the black and Orange socks as theirs.

 

I remember a few Dodgers players wore the royal blue socks with gray stripes last year.

 

The black, gold, & white has to be for the Pirates.

 

The dark green with yellow is certainly the A's.

 

I assume the red with thin white stripes would be for the Cincinnati Reds.

 

Navy with white and red stripes: Braves, Nationals, Indians, Twins?

 

The black ones with many thin white stripes and pale gray with black stripes: White Sox?

 

thumb (2).jpg

 

 

Swap the Black for Royal Blue and I'd love to the the Mets rock these style socks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will these be worn on the field by players?

The problem once again is that we will have so many different sock designs for the same team. Imagine all the different designs all worn at the same time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of Stance socks.

 

Reasons: 1, they can't get colors right. The players put them on and white stretches out and turns into grey. Yellow becomes mustard, orange becomes red etc etc. 2. the Stance logo is too intrusive. 3. there's no rhyme or reason to any of the striping patterns. 4. They lead to players on the same team wearing different socks in the same game. The league needs to start enforcing sock rules the way the NFL does for uniformity's sake, and teams need to start telling Stance to get their official stripes right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wally1912 said:

The MLB shop site has official Stance socks for sale.

 

http://www.mlbshop.com/search/stance diamond pro

 

A few styles feature stripes, but they don't seem to be attached to particular teams.

 

We've seen the Orioles promote the black and Orange socks as theirs.

 

I remember a few Dodgers players wore the royal blue socks with gray stripes last year.

 

The black, gold, & white has to be for the Pirates.

 

The dark green with yellow is certainly the A's.

 

I assume the red with thin white stripes would be for the Cincinnati Reds.

 

Navy with white and red stripes: Braves, Nationals, Indians, Twins?

 

The black ones with many thin white stripes and pale gray with black stripes: White Sox?

thumb (1).jpg

thumb (2).jpg

thumb (3).jpg

thumb (4).jpg

thumb (5).jpg

thumb (6).jpg

thumb (7).jpg

thumb.jpg

 

From the @MLB Twitter

In answer to: Who are the red ones with white stripes for?

Red ones are for @Angels, @Reds, @RedSox, @Cardinals and @Nationals

 

I also read somewhere, don't remember where, that these are spring training socks, more team-centric designs to come for regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hawk36 said:
On 2/4/2017 at 7:01 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

Oh, and another one which I can't believe I forgot, since it is among my favourite uniforms of all time:

 20170204_190014.jpg 

 

That A's combo is amazing. Mix it with grey pants and it's horrible. Actually, I'd love to see the A's wear this at home and then wear the same white pants, but with a green top, on the road. Great look for them. 

 

The MLB Network has a show about the 1970s A's airing tonight, February 7, at 9:00 Eastern, then again at 12:00 midnight and 2am Eastern.  They are bound to discuss the uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sisdog said:

I also read somewhere, don't remember where, that these are spring training socks, more team-centric designs to come for regular season.

 

Oh FFS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I am not a fan of Stance socks.

 

Reasons: 1, they can't get colors right. The players put them on and white stretches out and turns into grey. Yellow becomes mustard, orange becomes red etc etc. 2. the Stance logo is too intrusive. 3. there's no rhyme or reason to any of the striping patterns. 4. They lead to players on the same team wearing different socks in the same game. The league needs to start enforcing sock rules the way the NFL does for uniformity's sake, and teams need to start telling Stance to get their official stripes right. 

That's my biggest issue with them. So many teams have gorgeous striping patterns, but these, while colorful, just throw random stripes of different weights on the sock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm already over the stance socks and not a single game has even been played in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Stance socks are cute and charming in the NBA.  Not in baseball.

 

 

But the socks make the outfit!!!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Spring Training/BP Uniforms officially out in the wild at the team store

 

720x1280.png.c891ac22c49849e6b54ea336c6d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dying to see how those 3/4 sleeves look on the players. My first instinct is that they'll look horrendous, like the players are wearing hockey sweaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh.   So, the by the look of things, Stance made several generic sock patterns and everyone with the same color scheme gets the same socks.   I'm assuming that these choices in patterns and such are an expression of the concept people have been talking about with alternate jerseys.   Experiment, have a little fun, do something different.   I'm hoping that their regular season socks will be in keeping with team's identities.   The Cardinals, Athletics, Orioles, Mariners, Giants, and Rays already have socks schemes of differing levels of history.  

 

I'd hope it would be similar to times in the past where new paradigms come to sports.   Some teams jump into the future.   Some demand to remain where they are.   I'd expect to see the Diamondbacks, Mariners, Marlins, and Brewers to feature some craziness akin to the ST socks and the Cards, Giants, Cubs, and Yankees to remain about where they are.  The Athletics have some iconic past socks styles that are gorgeous, but they got there by constantly shifting and holding no reverence for their past identity, so... they could go either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh.   So, the by the look of things, Stance made several generic sock patterns and everyone with the same color scheme gets the same socks.   I'm assuming that these choices in patterns and such are an expression of the concept people have been talking about with alternate jerseys.   Experiment, have a little fun, do something different.   I'm hoping that their regular season socks will be in keeping with team's identities.   The Cardinals, Athletics, Orioles, Mariners, Giants, and Rays already have socks schemes of differing levels of history.  

 

I'd hope it would be similar to times in the past where new paradigms come to sports.   Some teams jump into the future.   Some demand to remain where they are.   I'd expect to see the Diamondbacks, Mariners, Marlins, and Brewers to feature some craziness akin to the ST socks and the Cards, Giants, Cubs, and Yankees to remain about where they are.  The Athletics have some iconic past socks styles that are gorgeous, but they got there by constantly shifting and holding no reverence for their past identity, so... they could go either way.

 

I remember the Rays were a little plaid/argyle crazy a few years ago. It didn't look awful, would definitely make an interesting/unique sock pattern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KGeeX5 said:

I remember the Rays were a little plaid/argyle crazy a few years ago. It didn't look awful, would definitely make an interesting/unique sock pattern

 

At the beginning of the 2016 MLB thread, when they said there was two teams getting rebrands, I went through each team.   I'd asked the question of whether or not plaid was still part of the Rays identity.   In fact, I'm still not sure.

 

Plaid happened because of the suits they wore while travelling under Maddon.   I don't know if the team or fanbase still keep it going or if it's gone the way of Scooter the Squirrel and Doing the Bernie.  I do think they should incorporate it more into their identity.   It made them unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.