TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

5 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Their old jerseys looked more blue than purple. With a league so overrun with shades of blue and red, it's refreshing to see the Rockies wear something different.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I loved the blue-violet shade of purple but looking at the new ones I can understand why they went with this change and I can live with it. As a matter of fact I appreciate a team making a change like this that is for nothing but aesthetic consistency only. More teams should care about their aesthetics like the Rockies just did. Some do, but not all.

I agree with both, especially that more teams should care about their aesthetics.  As was said somewhere earlier, I believe, if you're going to do purple...do purple.  

On 2/16/2017 at 1:36 PM, Old School Fool said:

They had one in 1999 and it was pretty good in my opinion but it got thrown away due to fan reaction and the fact that Chan Ho Park decided to roundhouse kick someone during a game. If it didn't have silver, especially on the hats, it probably would've been liked more.

True, it had too much going on, piping, silver. A blue Dodgers jersey should be the same as home, only blue.

And there could of course also be a blue away with Los Angeles script.  

Supposedly Braves wearing these helmets in ST. I love them. Would really like if they used these along with the caps in the regular season occasionally.

IMG_6904.JPG

26 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Supposedly Braves wearing these helmets in ST. I love them. Would really like if they used these along with the caps in the regular season occasionally.

IMG_6904.JPG

If they shrunk the "a" a bit on the caps, I wouldn't mind it as an alternate cap. The one they use on the spring training cap is just too big. 

45 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_6904.JPG

I can't help but giggle every time I see Bartolo Colon holding a baseball bat.

7 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

Looks like not everyone on the Rockies is a huge fan of the new shade of purple.  http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/16/rockies-new-color-purple-clubhouse-review/

7 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Their old jerseys looked more blue than purple. With a league so overrun with shades of blue and red, it's refreshing to see the Rockies wear something different.

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I loved the blue-violet shade of purple but looking at the new ones I can understand why they went with this change and I can live with it. As a matter of fact I appreciate a team making a change like this that is for nothing but aesthetic consistency only. More teams should care about their aesthetics like the Rockies just did. Some do, but not all.

7 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

I agree with both, especially that more teams should care about their aesthetics.  As was said somewhere earlier, I believe, if you're going to do purple...do purple.  

Players reactions to the change were positive in this article:

http://bsndenver.com/did-the-rockies-change-their-uniforms-for-nolan-arenado/

Fan reactions on social media also have been almost all positive from what I can tell.

12 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I can't help but think of Brett's hair helmet from Flight of the Conchords

e2616de3b72cbd06e2adc8075a258782.jpg

Or this:

Image result for lego hair helmet

Today is Marlins photo day and their regular season caps have an all star game patch on the right side. It's the multi colored star logo but with the letters ASG over it. I'll try and post a pic when I can. 

15 hours ago, daveindc said:

Players reactions to the change were positive in this article:

http://bsndenver.com/did-the-rockies-change-their-uniforms-for-nolan-arenado/

Fan reactions on social media also have been almost all positive from what I can tell.

Yeah and I feel like all the negative feedback hasn't been truly negative. No one has said the color is ugly it's just a couple players who probably like purple less and they've basically just said "well it's definitely purple now" 

20 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_6904.JPG

This would look better if there was more red on the jersey.

27 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

This would look better if there was more red on the jersey.

Yea, I never liked the fact that the tomahawk and wordmark is blue

I got one of those aut. #28 purple colorado jerseys from last season, looks amazing, I don't like the new color, way too feminine for my liking. Lakers perhaps also use that color but they got gold as well, so it works better for them. And it´s just shorts and a undershirt.

here in baseball we got some huge guys, i think some will look like Barney out there.  B)

I think the previous shade of purple was more classy, and fitting for a man. Something i would be more proud and comfortable of wearing than these new bright purple jerseys.

Does not look very good imo:

C46jCroVUAEPGEI.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

much better imo

22 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_6904.JPG

All that jersey needs is a red word mark and red piping... So close yet so far

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I don't like the new color, way too feminine for my liking.

I think the previous shade of purple was more classy, and fitting for a man. 

:blink:

59 minutes ago, Bmac said:

St Patty's Day cap design this year:

IMG_-8wcnlg.jpg

I'm really not a fan of the outlined, tone on tone look. What's wrong with a white B?

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:blink:

He didn't say it in the most politically correct way, but I understand what he means.  I never wear purple, but if I did, I would be more comfortable wearing a darker, less attention-grabbing purple.  

Real men aren't afraid to wear bright colors.

Sometimes, we even wear pink.  :P