MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

This might be a somewhat bold opinion, but this simple color switch for the Rockies is one of my favorite uniform changes of the past couple years. It creates consistency and allows Colorado to be truly unique as the only purple team in the league, not blending in with the rest of the navy. The purple and black are also much more distinguishable, which is nice.

I wonder what this might mean for the home with the purple pinstripes. Are they much more noticeable and clearly purple now with the color change? If so, I'd be happy with it.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C5UoRwpUYAI402y.jpg

Just gorgeous.

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

This might be a somewhat bold opinion, but this simple color switch for the Rockies is one of my favorite uniform changes of the past couple years. It creates consistency and allows Colorado to be truly unique as the only purple team in the league, not blending in with the rest of the navy. The purple and black are also much more distinguishable, which is nice.

I wonder what this might mean for the home with the purple pinstripes. Are they much more noticeable and clearly purple now with the color change? If so, I'd be happy with it.

1*RSwOKgon3WlQ3mhC916iXA.jpeg

1*UNlLI0APK-lbj5X50WDVAw.jpeg

1*IfEFKqmMSNitTDPYLAM3qA.jpeg

1*A3mxDSCdRNGIe8qP84tU0A.jpeg

1*tCRxbrmgMOSGyP6ObBzUHA.jpeg

1*RSwOKgon3WlQ3mhC916iXA.jpeg

The way the numbers look on the back on the bright purple tops makes me question whether or not the Rockies should drop black altogether. The new purple would pair well with silver/grey and white. Concerns about "shade-matching" (which I assume was part of the reason why they initially adopted black as a base color) shouldn't be a problem anymore, given how consistent this new shade is throughout their identity.

Another picture of the Braves spring helmets and I noticed something odd. The blue outline is a noticeably lighter shade compared to the helmet. It seems like a lot of the Braves print and digital files uses this lighter shade, though the game uniforms use the darker shade. Seems like they overlapped color schemes a bit. Should have just made the outline either clear or matched it to the helmet.

IMG_7077.JPG

8 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

You're right. But also LOL at the fact that you used a picture of Bartolo Colon in a batting helmet

Ha! It just happened to be the best picture I've seen so far of the helmet. I like them a lot. The BP caps with the white panel front and the all blue, both with the little A have been some of my favorites.

The Dodgers blue alt should just be the regular season version of the Spring Training jersey.  All the teams had that option last year, even if some didn't use them.  Take off the FL/AZ patch, and all teams then had a new potential alt.  The Phillies and Astros did this for certain.  Several others as well, obviously, but those are the most prominent in my mind.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Rockies new purple is perfect.  Absolutely perfect.

The only thing is that (and this isn't new) their lettering looks like crap since it's silver with a thick black outline and then another silver (or white) outline that makes t so that some parts are just black and there's minimal silver.  It's kind of muddy.  They should just be solid silver with a thinner black outline to make it legible.

I'd really like them to adopt a traditional script - I think it'd look great on the purple.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The only thing is that (and this isn't new) their lettering looks like crap since it's silver with a thick black outline and then another silver (or white) outline that makes t so that some parts are just black and there's minimal silver.  It's kind of muddy.  They should just be solid silver with a thinner black outline to make it legible.

I'd really like them to adopt a traditional script - I think it'd look great on the purple.

What's a traditional script?

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yes on the solid silver with black outline (and lose the white outline).  They should make the numbers on both sides of the purple jersey silver too, not black or gray.

No on the traditional script.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived