TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Sorry about out your bank accounts guys, I really am. 

IMG_2246.PNGIMG_2247.PNGIMG_2249.PNG

EDIT: Also, a gold button on the ACs. That's a nice touch. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 3.21.38 PM.png

That looks awfully green on my phone, I really hope the gold leans more toward the warmer tones. 

I like what they did with the cap and chest logo, replacing the white outline with gold.  I don't like the gold numbers; crosses a line between awesome and awful. 

Yeah I think so too. If done right, the patch can work. But it's definitely not done right here. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

the patch on the cap is too much

You haven't seen the gold New Era logo on the opposite side then

Those are pretty good, though I'd much prefer gold outlines on the numbers rather than those fairly gaudy gold numbers. I'm not the biggest fan of this trend, but I suppose it's virtually inescapable now

(Unless a certain team from the Bronx wins it all, I suppose... they're the only world champion I can remember in recent years not to break out gold-accented uniforms when receiving their rings. I can only hope the next time that happens, they take the same approach.)

The "Gold Collection" from MLB Shop

Men's Chicago Cubs New Era Royal 2017 Gold Program World Series Champions Commemorative 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

Men's Chicago Cubs Ben Zobrist Majestic White 2017 Gold Program Flex Base Player Jersey

2 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is the New Era flag gold as well?

Affirmative.

Men's Chicago Cubs New Era Royal 2017 Gold Program World Series Champions Commemorative 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

I kind of agree. I think the Cubs should keep the gold outlined crest on the home jersey all season. It's a subtle enough to pull off, IMO. Keep the regular caps and numbers and all, and even ditch the WS Champs patch.

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

I kind of agree. I think the Cubs should keep the gold outlined crest on the home jersey all season. It's a subtle enough to pull off, IMO. Keep the regular caps and numbers and all, and even ditch the WS Champs patch.

Or use the World Champions throwback patch our lovely Cujo is modeling. I am committed to the fight for "World Champions" over "World Series Champions," which, along with "Super Bowl Champions," sounds silly. But yeah, I would keep the gold outline at home. It's a subtle touch and DAMMIT WE OF ALL PEOPLE EARNED THIS

I love the gold squatchee. 

On 3/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, kroywen said:

Those are pretty good, though I'd much prefer gold outlines on the numbers rather than those fairly gaudy gold numbers. I'm not the biggest fan of this trend, but I suppose it's virtually inescapable now

(Unless a certain team from the Bronx wins it all, I suppose... they're the only world champion I can remember in recent years not to break out gold-accented uniforms when receiving their rings. I can only hope the next time that happens, they take the same approach.)

2008 Red Sox did not wear any gold or cap/jersey commemorative patches. The '05 team started the trend, and the '14 team repeated it.

I don't really like these too much, but I didn't like the Royals gold jerseys when the first pics were released and now I love the Royals gold unis. Maybe these Cubs unis will look better in action

20 hours ago, Cujo said:

Men's Chicago Cubs Ben Zobrist Majestic White 2017 Gold Program Flex Base Player Jersey

I've wanted the Cubs to lose the white outlines on the road jerseys and change the cap logo outline to gray forever. (How's that for a pointless road cap?) 

As for the above, I think the gold outline on the front of the jersey will get lost but as soon as you see those numbers you'll remember it's there.

Not a fan of any patches on caps, even a World Series trophy on a Cubs cap, oddly enough. But I like the gold outline on the C. Still, I'll stick with the NE-free cap I bought last year. In the event I ever need a new one, I'll break out the blue Sharpie and handle it the way we did in the 1990s. (If the NE were red I might leave it alone. White is too much.)

On March 24, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Sorry about out your bank accounts guys, I really am. 

IMG_2246.PNGIMG_2247.PNGIMG_2249.PNG

EDIT: Also, a gold button on the ACs. That's a nice touch. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 3.21.38 PM.png

That first cap image looks really purple to me. Like, Rockies-level purple.

20 hours ago, Cujo said:

What's with the pinstripes not going all the way down on the back?

That's a couple years old now - Majestic's "Cool Base" jerseys have a solid panel along the back hem. 

Looks awful, but that's how it is.