MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, selby56 said:

Here is the cover for the new SI Kids. Are the Indians wearing the navy block C hat with the white home uniforms this year? 

Can I borrow someone's child? I need to go pick up an SI for Kids.

I think there was news about this a couple months back, but my foggy memory doesn't remember exactly.  I think the one-color block C is pretty boring, but it looks pretty nice in that photo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think there was news about this a couple months back, but my foggy memory doesn't remember exactly.  I think the one-color block C is pretty boring, but it looks pretty nice in that photo.

I think the block C is a great look. It's reminiscent of classic mid-century baseball.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

39 minutes ago, Matito said:

Where did you guys hear about the Rays wearing the road versions of the fauxback? I haven't seen anything about either 70s uniform.

I don't recall where I saw it, might be a few pages back here.  They do have a mystery throwback giveaway against the Indians in August, and the images used are the road fauxback used in Wrigley.

1 hour ago, Matito said:

I think the block C is a great look. It's reminiscent of classic mid-century baseball.

There was a concept on here a while back that put the Indians in normal navy and red, but with beige/tan (or maybe cream, even) accents around the hat logo.  It was way better than a brown, better than the gold on the Twins hat (as it was more muted), and it was a great concept for the Tribe.  That C just needs a little something extra, IMO.

Again, though...foggy memory of who created it, unfortunately

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, selby56 said:

Here is the cover for the new SI Kids. Are the Indians wearing the navy block C hat with the white home uniforms this year? 

Can I borrow someone's child? I need to go pick up an SI for Kids.

Based on what the team said last fall when they announced their 2017 uniform combinations, they'll be wearing the Wahoo caps with the red bill with the home uniforms. The navy cap with the block C will be for the road gray uniform. They have 4 jerseys and 4 caps and each cap is paired with one jersey only, or at least that's what the plan is on paper. Of course things can change basically daily. So no the combo in that pic above doesn't seem to be the correct combo. We shall see soon enough. 

10 minutes ago, Matito said:

I almost wonder if SI Kids wanted to minimize Wahoo's exposure. Then again, he's front and center on the jersey sleeve.

That was my first thought, though if they wanted to, they probably could have shot him from a different angle or a different pose so as to obscure the sleeve patch. Really strange.

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

By my count, 9 MLB teams use royal blue...

3 use the darker royal blue... Rangers, Cubs, Dodgers

6 use the lighter royal blue... Mets, Royals, Blue Jays, Phillies, Mariners, Brewers

Is this correct? Are any of these wrong or do any of these teams use a different shade beyond the 2 royal blues? I'm most unsure about the Cubs.

Dodgers blue is darker than Rangers, Cubs . I think they call it dodger blue and not royal 

11 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

By my count, 9 MLB teams use royal blue...

3 use the darker royal blue... Rangers, Cubs, Dodgers

6 use the lighter royal blue... Mets, Royals, Blue Jays, Phillies, Mariners, Brewers

Is this correct? Are any of these wrong or do any of these teams use a different shade beyond the 2 royal blues? I'm most unsure about the Cubs.

Cubs use the lighter blue now. They made the switch a few years ago. Phillies alt cap is the darker blue.

The current Block C is an embarrassment 

If they are going to get rid of Wahoo the LEAST they could do is bring back this block C

bT0RHMz.jpg

But what they really should do this bring back this logo

x0BdNSG.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ark said:

If they are going to get rid of Wahoo the LEAST they could do is bring back this block C

bT0RHMz.jpg

x0BdNSG.jpg

I agree that they should add a white stroke and maybe some other piece of flair, but the thin C is dated and that 70s C is both cartoony and dated. We'd look much worse with it.

17 minutes ago, Ark said:

x0BdNSG.jpg

Both that cap logo and that wordmark are what they should be wearing -- and should have been wearing for the past several decades.

But, even without the wordmark, the cap works on its own. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but are the Braves actually wearing this cap all year? I know they have confirmed they will wear the patch on the jersey.

Side note- I really dislike how the New Era logo has now forced patches onto the other side of the cap. Looks awkward. I guess it's just what I'm used to.

IMG_7877.PNG

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Gothamite said:

Seamripper is better than sharpie. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, CubsFanBudMan said:

I'll have to try that. Thanks.

It doesn't work well. I say this as someone who has stripped jerseys and had them recustomized (LOL authentic Nick Swisher Sox jersey for $20). By the way, if anybody knows a place that redoes NFL jerseys, send me a DM.

Anyway, I bought a $10 Marlins aqua hat on eBay for the purpose of taking the logo off, because if I mess up, who cares? It's the Marlins. Anyway, the NE logo is too intricate at such a small size. Too many turns and such. I got it all off, but there are a few small nicks and holes in the fabric and you can see a substantial outline of where the logo was. I'd probably just try a marker, but not a Sharpie. Get a fabric marker, but test it on paper and make sure the blue is close to the hat color.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

13 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

the NE logo is too intricate at such a small size. Too many turns and such. I got it all off, but there are a few small nicks and holes in the fabric and you can see a substantial outline of where the logo was.

Hmm.  That's frustrating.  I've taken NE flags off caps before and the results have been pretty good.

Can we see a pic?

1 hour ago, Ark said:

x0BdNSG.jpg

I've seen people on this very message board say they find that hat and wordmark offensive because it is made to look like something a Native would carve into wood, which is a stereotype. Or it was something along those lines. 

So looks like the block C it is. 

T1oYViW.png

Archived