MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'm trying to figure out from all those Sun Trust Park photos where they put that Braves wordmark (or maybe it's just the A logo) with the video screen built into it. Ya know, the one a lot of us freaked out over if they were changing back to blue outlined in red

You can see it in one shot.  It's not on the overall one, though.

IMG_7935.JPG

I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it.  Once I checked the overall shot, I'd thought it had gone the way of the giant baseball in Washington.

nats12_21_3.jpg

Seriously.  I'm still wondering whatever happened to that.  I've never heard it mentioned anywhere.  The pedestal for it is there, but it was just not built.

nationals_park_2011_1_-_stierch.jpg

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

Wow.  That looks so awkward with the drop shadow as opposed to an outline.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it.  Once I checked the overall shot, I'd thought it had gone the way of the giant baseball in Washington.

nats12_21_3.jpg

Seriously.  I'm still wondering whatever happened to that.  I've never heard it mentioned anywhere.  The pedestal for it is there, but it was just not built.

nationals_park_2011_1_-_stierch.jpg

IIRC, they had to ditch the gigantic baseball since it could have been confused by hitters for a baseball being thrown by a pitcher. It was in a similar enough position to a ball thrown by an RHP, when looking from home plate, that it could've caused issues.

16 hours ago, daveindc said:

I love it when team accounts now talk like black teens talked a year ago. Our new luxury suites are bae and lit af!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Rays had at least 4 different sock styles today.

Brad Miller wore traditional navy stirrups, Chris Archer wore plain navy Stance socks, Mallex Smith had Stance socks with the normal Rays striping pattern plus the TB logo, and Corey Dickerson had the similar socks with the sunburst logo. 

C8bIxyRWsAEZF_s.jpg 

CCX04022017_2285_NYY_v_TB.jpg

C8bNDjtUwAMLUvs.jpg

Stance Rays (1).JPG

I actually don't hate that logo. It's a little too ski-resort styled to be a baseball logo, but I don't hate it.

The one they're using now (or the one that they downgraded to secondary status) has that mountain logo that looks tapered on, like it was squeezed inside of the arch to fit.

ej4v6a8q5w5gegtf7ilqbhoz7.png

Archived