TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here they are:

IMG_3306.JPG.3a29b78f15da037431319e94639ef2e7.JPG

While I'm at it, here's what some of the team-specific socks look like:

IMG_3297.JPG.a2a66959d1d7a7666464807f31dc5d93.JPGIMG_3298.JPG.9d1b3ea34b4aa59e9543caf8c2fdf2eb.JPGIMG_3299.JPG.bd7e75dddc75e74d624f29069cd507b1.JPGIMG_3300.JPG.7a1c8e0c8ace7d1498d59a652e15a34e.JPGIMG_3301.JPG.6f94da7ea40abd1c165155335a7b43ba.JPGIMG_3302.JPG.d483cc5fe09e23ba4dc8729969800ced.JPGIMG_3303.JPG.584253015fe8929f3c802fd2fdfb1178.JPGIMG_3304.JPG.1d1aec56a464e7071f8243c2a1abcdfd.JPGIMG_3305.JPG.30d89f05994f0c8e7978bd797efb5b56.JPG

Those Dodgers socks are laughably bad. The others are decent, and there are some repeat designs with the Angels and White Sox sharing the same striping pattern. Cleveland's are nice.

Why in the hell are thy putting logos on the on the field socks. It was bad enough that they were doing on the fan/fashion socks.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

JESUS CHRIST HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MANY BROWSER TABS RUNNING

That's generally the response I get when I post a screenshot.  XD

Hey.  You see how many windows I got open.  Those all have a number of tabs as well.  This is the Sportslogos.net window.  That right there is the main page, the article on the Tigers' memorial patch to remind me I have to go check out the Tigers' uniform today to see how it looks so I can edit their uniform image on Wikipedia, the threads I'm currently active in, Getty Images to see photos of the old uniforms to post, MLB Video of the Yankees' lineup intros to check and see who wore the new Stance Socks, a Yahoo! search where I've been searching things to ensure I'm getting them right, two articles I saw when I went to the home page of Yahoo! that I'm going to read in a sec, a Wikipedia discussion on changes that may need to be made to the attribution and licensing of my Wikipedia images, the Supreme Court ruling that is causing that discussion, an imgur upload window in the event I need to upload something (as I just did with that screenshot), and a few pages involving a current issue I'm having with my cable box.  I'm going to have to go on the company's forum and ask about it myself, though.

Eh, I might as well address 8BW14's statement in this new post, since it'll give me a fresh 10 count of images...

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

They all suck, except cleveland's. I like those. The cardinals stripes don't look right, and why the hell are the RED SOX' socks freaking blue ?!?!?!? That goes for the White Sox too. I hate the stance socks with a fiery passion.

Images from around the league of Opening Day...

kevin-pillar-of-the-toronto-blue-jays-ca

jose-abreu-of-the-chicago-white-sox-gree

ichiro-suzuki-of-the-miami-marlins-is-in

andrew-benintendi-jackie-bradley-jr-19-a

jose-reyes-of-the-new-york-mets-celebrat

the-arizona-diamondbacks-line-up-for-int

carlos-gomez-of-the-texas-rangers-is-tag

shortstop-ronald-torreyes-of-the-new-yor

Just because Stance advertises insanity doesn't mean all teams are going to turn into the Diamondbacks.  Seeing the Cards in action, the stretchiness of the material does seem to cause a little bit of a distortion in the stripes, but it really ain't half bad.

dexter-fowler-of-the-st-louis-cardinals-

The most outlandish thing I see is the Nats and Brewers, and even they're not completely outlandish like the things that were posted above.

bryce-harper-of-the-washington-nationals

jonathan-villar-of-the-milwaukee-brewers

If anything, overall I really like Stance's work here.

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

That's generally the response I get when I post a screenshot.  XD

Hey.  You see how many windows I got open.  Those all have a number of tabs as well.  This is the Sportslogos.net window.  That right there is the main page, the article on the Tigers' memorial patch to remind me I have to go check out the Tigers' uniform today to see how it looks so I can edit their uniform image on Wikipedia, the threads I'm currently active in, Getty Images to see photos of the old uniforms to post, MLB Video of the Yankees' lineup intros to check and see who wore the new Stance Socks, a Yahoo! search where I've been searching things to ensure I'm getting them right, two articles I saw when I went to the home page of Yahoo! that I'm going to read in a sec, a Wikipedia discussion on changes that may need to be made to the attribution and licensing of my Wikipedia images, the Supreme Court ruling that is causing that discussion, an imgur upload window in the event I need to upload something (as I just did with that screenshot), and a few pages involving a current issue I'm having with my cable box.  I'm going to have to go on the company's forum and ask about it myself, though.

Eh, I might as well address 8BW14's statement in this new post, since it'll give me a fresh 10 count of images...

Images from around the league of Opening Day...

kevin-pillar-of-the-toronto-blue-jays-ca

jose-abreu-of-the-chicago-white-sox-gree

ichiro-suzuki-of-the-miami-marlins-is-in

andrew-benintendi-jackie-bradley-jr-19-a

jose-reyes-of-the-new-york-mets-celebrat

the-arizona-diamondbacks-line-up-for-int

carlos-gomez-of-the-texas-rangers-is-tag

shortstop-ronald-torreyes-of-the-new-yor

Just because Stance advertises insanity doesn't mean all teams are going to turn into the Diamondbacks.  Seeing the Cards in action, the stretchiness of the material does seem to cause a little bit of a distortion in the stripes, but it really ain't half bad.

The most outlandish thing I see is the Nats and Brewers, and even they're not completely outlandish like the things that were posted above.

bryce-harper-of-the-washington-nationals

jonathan-villar-of-the-milwaukee-brewers

If anything, overall I really like Stance's work here.

I would like most of them sans the team logo.

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

These are all :censored:ing horrible...

...  Does a nickel-sized white logo really absolutely kill the brand for you?  The hat is one thing.  It's small, and there's issues with the logo jiving with the cap insignia.  But these are socks.  It's tiny.  It's barely noticeable, even less so on the striped socks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

...  Does a nickel-sized white logo really absolutely kill the brand for you?  The hat is one thing.  It's small, and there's issues with the logo jiving with the cap insignia.  But these are socks.  It's tiny.  It's barely noticeable, even less so on the striped socks.

It is small, so why even include it at all? Doesn't add anything to the uniform, and in some cases, it's logo overkill.

Just now, chrisCLEMENT said:

It is small, so why even include it at all? Doesn't add anything to the uniform, and in some cases, it's logo overkill.

I'm not talking about the Nats, Brewers, and... several Rays socks.  I'm talking about the tiny Stance logo on an otherwise plain or striped sock.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Being a cardinals fan I guess I have just seen the regular socks so often that the difference really bothers me because I'm so used to seeing what the socks should look like to me. I appreciate the pattern has remained the same but it will always looks off to me.

I know a lot of players won't wear the socks and I saw the pic of the Red Sox actually wearing red socks, my point was that most of the striping patterns of the stancesocks are very similar or exactly the same in different colors. I know lots of baseball socks share similar patterns in different colors but the designs are generally simple. IMO the stance socks are over-designed or seem to have no thought put into them at all: i.e. Red Sox blue socks, the stripes get distorted and discolored, I don't like the big logos on the socks and it's just one more different sock design for players on the same team to trot onto the field wearing.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for socks/stirrups becoming more popular but, cripes, I wish teams would standardize their socks and stance would come up with some better/more thoughtful designs. 

2 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Nickle-sized white logo? No, I don't actually give a :censored: about it. Ugly garish designs, three to four different styles worn by the same team in the same game, messing with classic designs do though. Socks like the ones worn by Harper and Odor shouldn't be allowed in the regular season.

3 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Being a cardinals fan I guess I have just seen the regular socks so often that the difference really sticks out to me because I'm so used to seeing what the socks should look like to me.

I know a lot of players won't wear the socks and I saw the pic of the Red Sox actually wearing red socks, my point was that most of the striping patterns of the stancesocks are very similar or exactly the same in different colors. I know lots of baseball socks share similar patterns in different colors but the designs are generally simple. IMO the stance socks are over-designed or seem to have no thought put into them at all: i.e. Red Sox blue socks, the stripes get distorted and discolored, I don't like the big logos on the socks and it's just one more different sock design for players on the same team to trot onto the field wearing.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for socks/stirrups becoming more popular but, cripes, I wish teams would standardize their socks and stance would come up with some better/more thoughtful designs. 

The post I was responding too was exclaiming that all the socks we were seeing sucked.  Indeed, a lot of them were incredibly outlandish, didn't match the teams look, and just flew in the face of good taste.  I was relieved when I saw Judge and saw the plain sock with just a small logo.

In the end, hopefully most of those terrible designs really don't matter.  They're the sock version of this:

Yankees-Fashion-Caps-DF.jpg

The socks we've actually seen in action are, for the most part, conservative and perfectly fine.  I'm just relieved that things turned out okay, that the sky isn't falling, and trying to impart that to everyone else.  Speaking of which...

Just now, jp1409 said:

Nickle-sized white logo? No, I don't actually give a :censored: about it. Ugly garish designs, three to four different styles worn by the same team in the same game, messing with classic designs do though. Socks like the ones worn by Harper and Odor shouldn't be allowed in the regular season.

That's what I'm saying.  Your exact words were that they were "all" terrible.  Most teams look great.  Some idiots are wearing mismatched socks, and three or four teams went for a non-traditional look.  Everyone else looks good.  I'm all for a little hyperbole, but it looks like overall people are freaking out about nothing.  It can still change, but for the moment, everything's okay.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of all the new Stance MLB socks we've seen thus far, I'd say Oakland's are my favorites. Although the striping is the same as quite a few other teams, and the team logo is certainly unnecessary, the split yellow/green design matches up nearly perfectly with their home whites and caps.

IMG_3323.thumb.JPG.a9aae27cddba7d4d087e57b43b78920a.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here they are:

IMG_3306.JPG.3a29b78f15da037431319e94639ef2e7.JPG

While I'm at it, here's what some of the team-specific socks look like:

IMG_3297.JPG.a2a66959d1d7a7666464807f31dc5d93.JPGIMG_3298.JPG.9d1b3ea34b4aa59e9543caf8c2fdf2eb.JPGIMG_3299.JPG.bd7e75dddc75e74d624f29069cd507b1.JPGIMG_3300.JPG.7a1c8e0c8ace7d1498d59a652e15a34e.JPGIMG_3301.JPG.6f94da7ea40abd1c165155335a7b43ba.JPGIMG_3302.JPG.d483cc5fe09e23ba4dc8729969800ced.JPGIMG_3303.JPG.584253015fe8929f3c802fd2fdfb1178.JPGIMG_3304.JPG.1d1aec56a464e7071f8243c2a1abcdfd.JPGIMG_3305.JPG.30d89f05994f0c8e7978bd797efb5b56.JPG

Those Dodgers socks are laughably bad. The others are decent, and there are some repeat designs with the Angels and White Sox sharing the same striping pattern. Cleveland's are nice.

I'd say that the Dodgers' socks are the best of the lot because they approximate the look of stirrups -- and to an even greater extent than 2-in-1s do.

The worst ones for me are the Mets' socks, with that skyline design around the ankles.  The Astros' socks are almost as bad; a wrap-around design at the ankle is not a good look.  (And do the tops of those socks say "HTX"? Egad! Just stop it.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived