MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

13 hours ago, Bmac said:

Yes. All the new jackets can be found on Majestic's website. Love the swinging Oriole!

It's interesting that all the teams seem to be using the same template with the accents on the shoulders.  I had thought it might have just been the Orioles and a nod to their look in the 60s and 70s
20299_01_lg.jpg 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the White Sox really need to stop mixing the 80's stuff into their identity. As a team that bounced from look to look and identity to identity for years, the last thing they need to be doing is muddling up the only identity (and a great one, at that) that's enjoyed a fair bit of consistency and longevity in their whole existence (not to mention, a World Series championship to its name and an homage/link to the franchise's other greatest team, the '59 squad).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So this means the Padres are sticking with yellow and blue this year? That means something changed. Lin (UT reporter) had been saying for a while that yellow was gone and we'd have some new look this year.

I wonder if the firing of Dee has something to do with this. They'd probably want the next team president to be the one in charge of picking the new uniform. Which means we may have yet another year or two long study to determine what they'll do?

:rolleyes:

Funny how Toront's "bright royal" looks way darker than Texas' "dark royal".

Also, Milwaukee just looks silly with navy-gold, navy-yellow, and royal-yellow options (especially since the last two are the same design just different base color.)  I don't get how execs let this stuff happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the White Sox are going to incorporate stuff from the '80s, let it be the full "White Sox" tailed script from the late '80s and only use it on the dugout jackets. I have no use for any of the Winning Ugly stuff. It is, well, ugly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Those BP jerseys look terrible. Thank goodness Majestic is losing the MLB contract. Hopefully UA brings back the days when every team had a unique BP jersey instead of an ugly template.

Not gonna happen, it's cheaper to mass produce 1 template with different colors than to have 30 different jerseys especially when it's something like bp jerseys that don't sell well.

I @dont care about BP/ST jerseys following a template. In fact, I don't really mind. Having 30 discrete practice uniforms would be too busy. The template here with the contrasting back, though? That sucks a lot. I liked the late-2000s one that had armpit inserts and piping. That gives you three colors to work with, which is more than enough for every team but the Marlins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On October 22, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Gothamite said:

Padres in navy and gold?

Guess the reporter (Lin) saying the Navy and Yellow was a one year thing was wrong. Glad to see them sticking to it, and if the reports of the Brown and yellow remaining on Fridays are true they may finally have settled on a balance that can work.

I like the blue and yellow too, but Lin wasn't wrong about them only being a one year thing. The Padres FO was very clear, saying numerous times that blue and yellow was just a one time thing for the all-star game.

So something has changed recently. Either they decided blue and yellow worked well and was popular, or maybe Dee being fired played a role.

I would just like to have them expand the use of the brown and gold. Rather than it just being a Friday thing, expand it to Sat too. Or allow the starting pitcher of the day to pick the colors: that's what they did back in 98 with the blue alts.

I hope if this yellow and blue deal is true, that they add it to the grey road unis. We saw that uniform only once last year, and it looked really good.

The number on the sleeve of the Padres BP jersey appears to be all white, so maybe that's part of the streamlining.

Also, the Padres have a custom number font that they use on graphics and around the stadium but not on the uniforms. Does any other team do something like that?

Worth mentioning: occasionally (not always or even often), Majestic has put out the Next Year Template graphics in the previous year's colors, as a sort of place-holder, to keep changes or tweaks a secret.

Or, the Padres are keeping Blue and Gold.  It's the Padres.  They don't really have it together, as we've all noted.

And the new warm-up jackets have been in use all month long by playoff teams.  Don't know if they Orioles used theirs in the WC Game though.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived