MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

That orioles jersey looks too minor league. The special jerseys are plenty. Leave the one-off gimmicks to the MiLB...plus the outfit is hideous. What is it with teams from Maryland and Texas? They are totally obsessed with their state flags.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, hormone said:

That orioles jersey looks too minor league. The special jerseys are plenty. Leave the one-off gimmicks to the MiLB...plus the outfit is hideous. What is it with teams from Maryland and Texas? They are totally obsessed with their state flags.

Yeah, I know.  Right?   Why couldn't Maryland be just like Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin and simply put their state seal on a solid blue background?

Back on topic, the jerseys look better than I expected for a one-off jersey.  The pattern on the front lettering and all numerals are different on each jersey based on the manufacturing.

I don't want to see them become a regular thing, but as a one-night uniform, the Maryland themed uniforms are ok. The state flag is very integrated into the state's culture. Maryland became a state on April 28, 1788, so if the Orioles decide to wear this uniform on or around April 28th every year, I'd be for it. 

Houston+Astros+v+Miami+Marlins+2TFRo9yRc

The Marlins are using 3 top buttons this year. Is it because the script is lower due to the patch? No other team does this with chest scripts

edit: guess i should have just researched harder. They did last year too

ichiro-suzuki-of-the-miami-marlins-poses

In years past they used velcro on the jerseys to keep the script in tact

the-miami-marlins-are-blowing-up-their-t

i guess  majestic figured theyd add another top button

1 hour ago, hormone said:

A team celebrating a state that they play in for one night a year is perfectly fine. It's not gimmicking at all and doesn't clutter the team's identity like most MiLB teams. I would be on board with the Orioles wearing them every Sunday home game.

I'd say if you have a problem with the Orioles Maryland Pride uniforms then chances are you have a problem with the Blue Jays Canada Day uniforms. A team celebrating an entire country... weird right?

1 hour ago, HighCheese said:

The Marlins are using 3 top buttons this year. Is it because the script is lower due to the patch? No other team does this with chest scripts

Interesting that the new button is pretty much perfectly spaced between the first and third buttons.. Making the second button pointless.. Like how a jersey with no chest script should be.. They should just go that route to avoid the triple-button clutter at the top

Orioles improved the matchup tonight by wearing the flag jerseys. They were well done, and looked great for one offs. 

I was at the game, and the replica jerseys they have out are fantastic. Quality is better than the regular replicas, and would make me buy replicas if the regular ones were like this( I only buy authentics for stickler details)

Also, if they didn't see these we would have been subjected to orange v blue. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Maryland flag is really cool and the O's flag jersey is really cool. I still never want to see it in a major-league game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

38 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Interesting that the new button is pretty much perfectly spaced between the first and third buttons.. Making the second button pointless.. Like how a jersey with no chest script should be.. They should just go that route to avoid the triple-button clutter at the top

heck. i wish my red sox jerseys had those 3 buttons. i dont want to be buttoned all the way to the top, and unbuttoning the top button leaves way too much of it open and flapping... some kind of half-measure would be perfect for casual comfort :)

16 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

As to actual changes, here's another look at tonight's Orioles jersey

DATCA2qW0AEWyvh.jpg

They should have kept the same scale on the hat bill that is on the Numbers. As a kid I remember being fascinated by the design of the Maryland flag.

52 minutes ago, sisdog said:

They should have kept the same scale on the hat bill that is on the Numbers. As a kid I remember being fascinated by the design of the Maryland flag.

Off topic but explain your profile pic! 

IMG_9995.PNG

XM4KeeA.png

Kinda-sorta off topic, but I recently picked up a pair of the Stance On-Field socks for softball, and I have to say, they're really nice.

The past few years, I've worn the TCK socks...the same as the stripey ones Andrew McCutchen and the like wore, but mine kept falling down when I ran after a few years of use. I couldn't find the same style in my size, so I ended up buying the Stance striped mother's day socks (my team wears pink), and they're significantly more comfortable than the ones I used to wear.

The O's Maryland pride jerseys would be good as a fashion jersey, but ONLY as a fashion jersey. The flag pattern is just too much to be used in an actual game (especially for a major league ball club).

On 5/20/2017 at 10:50 PM, HighCheese said:

I made a post about this last season... it's hideous but looks worse on the orange jersey because there's no space on the wordmark where the third button goes so the wordmark is forced to be lowered and instead of going basically across the nipples it goes along the bottom of the rib cage and on some people basically seems to be across their stomach. I can't believe they're doing this especially when the two button jerseys still exist and are used by other teams with wordmarks like theirs. 

2012-15...

1469564205505[1].jpg

Image result for ichiro 2016 orange1469564404914[1].jpg

16 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I made a post about this last season... it's hideous but looks worse on the orange jersey because there's no space on the wordmark where the third button goes so the wordmark is forced to be lowered and instead of going basically across the nipples it goes along the bottom of the rib cage and on some people basically seems to be across their stomach. I can't believe they're doing this especially when the two button jerseys still exist and are used by other teams with wordmarks like theirs. 

2012-15...

1469564205505[1].jpg

Image result for ichiro 2016 orange1469564404914[1].jpg

Thats awful... why the hell is that jersey style even available for a team with a wordmark.  With a chest patch, like Detroit or Washington sure but come on, common sense anyone? 

How can they treat Ichiro like that lol

16 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Thats awful... why the hell is that jersey style even available for a team with a wordmark.  With a chest patch, like Detroit or Washington sure but come on, common sense anyone? 

How can they treat Ichiro like that lol

I checked the Braves and Phillies jerseys because they also have thick wordmarks that would need to be lowered with the third button but they use the two button jersey which is the smart thing to do. I actually think this needs to be brought up to the team, I'm gonna look into it since the problem is pretty obvious when you compare them. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I checked the Braves and Phillies jerseys because they also have thick wordmarks that would need to be lowered with the third button but they use the two button jersey which is the smart thing to do. I actually think this needs to be brought up to the team, I'm gonna look into it since the problem is pretty obvious when you compare them. 

Mets jerseys as well do not have that 3rd button, someone screwed up there

Archived