TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

Recommended Posts

They may well have met in Spring Training during that period, but your larger point is well taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

They did it in 2014.

 

951073_6943810_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

 

That was the first game I ever saw live at Safeco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone sees the pattern who wears the caps with the red crown/blue brim and vice versa let us know.   It doesn't seem to be driven by which league or which team is home on July 4.

ff_2820567_full.jpg&w=340
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

If someone sees the pattern who wears the caps with the red crown/blue brim and vice versa let us know.   It doesn't seem to be driven by which league or which team is home on July 4.

ff_2820567_full.jpg&w=340
 

Team choice, I believe. 

 

Also, the cap has a flag sweatband. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

They did it in 2014.

 

951073_6943810_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

 

Astros and Mariners wore those uniforms in 2014...Sports Illustrated then places Springer on the cover (in that throwback uniform, from that game) and says Astros will be World Series Champs in 2017

 

Astros and Mariners will wear same uniforms in 2017....Astros are off to best start in baseball and could prove SI's claim true and be World Series Champs..

 

There's a weird, undefinable coincidence about those uniforms and the Astros' success :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Astros and Mariners wore those uniforms in 2014...Sports Illustrated then places Springer on the cover (in that throwback uniform, from that game) and says Astros will be World Series Champs in 2017

 

Astros and Mariners will wear same uniforms in 2017....Astros are off to best start in baseball and could prove SI's claim true and be World Series Champs..

 

There's a weird, undefinable coincidence about those uniforms and the Astros' success :D

Sports Illustrated also contributed to jinxing many teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Team choice, I believe. 

 

Also, the cap has a flag sweatband. 

I might need to buy one of these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Also, the cap has a flag sweatband. 

 

That seems pretty damned unpatriotic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They may well have met in Spring Training during that period, but your larger point is well taken. 

 

Nope, the Astros have always had Spring Training in Florida and the Mariners have always had ST in Arizona.  The only other possibility is if they met in a preseason exhibition in one of their respective ballparks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how many seasons it is now for the current Marlins set. 3? 4?

 

I just can't stop seeing a bad video game create a team with them. Vomz 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Not sure how many seasons it is now for the current Marlins set. 3? 4?

 

I just can't stop seeing a bad video game create a team with them. Vomz 

This is the 6th season with the current set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Not sure how many seasons it is now for the current Marlins set. 3? 4?

 

I just can't stop seeing a bad video game create a team with them. Vomz 

Yeah they're awful.. Bottom 3 in the big 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2017 at 6:06 AM, Ray Lankford said:

Some team really needs to adopt olive green and black as their colors. The reason for them was ridiculous (selling jerseys) but some of thise jerseys looked really nice.

Rangers? It would knock a red/white/blue team off the list, and the current Texas Texas identity isn't exactly worth fighting for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Rangers? It would knock a red/white/blue team off the list, and the current Texas Texas identity isn't exactly worth fighting for.

 

Actually? That would be kinda. It'd better match the actual uniforms of the Texas Ranger Division, and they could still use the R/W/B flag. They have quite a long history in R/W/B, but they've still always been pretty boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Actually? That would be kinda. It'd better match the actual uniforms of the Texas Ranger Division, and they could still use the R/W/B flag. They have quite a long history in R/W/B, but they've still always been pretty boring. 

 

Does the Texas Ranger Division have uniforms?

 

I kind of dig that half-and-half scheme of the Rangers that sets them apart. Their fans seem to enjoy it:

 

texas-rangers-fans-cheer-during-game-three-of-the-american-league-picture-id492303146?s=594x594

 

Besides, the only royal blue and red teams are them and the Cubs. Uniform history aside, I think either the Indians, Braves, or Twins could use a change in colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

Does the Texas Ranger Division have uniforms?

They do not.

 

Modern-day Rangers (as well as their predecessors) do not have a prescribed uniform, per se, although the State of Texas does provide guidelines as to appropriate Ranger attire, including a requirement that Rangers wear clothing that is western in nature. Currently, the favored attire includes white shirt and tie, khaki/tan or gray trousers, light-colored western hat, "ranger" belt, and cowboy boots. Historically, according to pictorial evidence, Rangers wore whatever clothes they could afford or muster, which were usually worn out from heavy use. While Rangers still pay for their clothing today, they receive an initial stipend to offset some of the costs of boots, gunbelts and hats.

 

To keep this baseball-related, that Mariners/Astros game is going to be gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 6:26 PM, WSU151 said:

 

Astros and Mariners wore those uniforms in 2014...Sports Illustrated then places Springer on the cover (in that throwback uniform, from that game) and says Astros will be World Series Champs in 2017

 

Astros and Mariners will wear same uniforms in 2017....Astros are off to best start in baseball and could prove SI's claim true and be World Series Champs..

 

There's a weird, undefinable coincidence about those uniforms and the Astros' success :D

Yeah, that predictive cover used an image of George Springer from that game. He was called up just s couple days before and had a great debut series against the Mariners. He was on the cover of SI just a few weeks later. 

IMG_7072.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

They do not.

 

Modern-day Rangers (as well as their predecessors) do not have a prescribed uniform, per se, although the State of Texas does provide guidelines as to appropriate Ranger attire, including a requirement that Rangers wear clothing that is western in nature. Currently, the favored attire includes white shirt and tie, khaki/tan or gray trousers, light-colored western hat, "ranger" belt, and cowboy boots. Historically, according to pictorial evidence, Rangers wore whatever clothes they could afford or muster, which were usually worn out from heavy use. While Rangers still pay for their clothing today, they receive an initial stipend to offset some of the costs of boots, gunbelts and hats.

 

To keep this baseball-related, that Mariners/Astros game is going to be gorgeous.

 

Huh, well I guess what I mean is them taking on more of a Western theme would be pretty cool. Earth tones and silver or something. 

 

Actually, the Astros former set wouldn't have been terrible for them. Everyone always did complain how it was "too western". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

Does the Texas Ranger Division have uniforms?

 

I kind of dig that half-and-half scheme of the Rangers that sets them apart. Their fans seem to enjoy it:

 

texas-rangers-fans-cheer-during-game-three-of-the-american-league-picture-id492303146?s=594x594

 

Besides, the only royal blue and red teams are them and the Cubs. Uniform history aside, I think either the Indians, Braves, or Twins could use a change in colors.

If the Braves ever decided to move away from the Native American theme and towards the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" thing, olive green could work for them.

 

But I think the Rangers and Twins both have top 10 looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daveindc said:

Uniform history aside, I think either the Indians, Braves, or Twins could use a change in colors.

My vote would be for the Braves. Keep everything as it is but replace the navy with black.

It's still historically relevant (the tomohawk was black once) and the red and black colour scheme would move them closer to the Falcons and the Hawks (kind of).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.