MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, the admiral said:

That gives you three colors to work with, which is more than enough for every team but the Marlins.

The Marlins use three colors, black, red-orange, and light blue. Their only fourth color is a negligible yellow in their logo. It's as unused as the red in the Yankees primary logo. Just wanted to clarify that.

4 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The number on the sleeve of the Padres BP jersey appears to be all white, so maybe that's part of the streamlining.

Also, the Padres have a custom number font that they use on graphics and around the stadium but not on the uniforms. Does any other team do something like that?

It's not quite the same thing, but until last year when they retired Don Zimmer's number, the Rays used a really ugly, almost Microsoft Word stock-style font for their retired numbers.

44-rays-retired-numbers.jpg

But now they use their standard uniform font.

rays-retired-numbers.jpg

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I grow weary of the brewers constantly marketing their ball in glove logo and colors and yet they won't dump their current set while personally I think the set is overrated everyone loves those so it makes me wonder why they just don't take the logical step and adopt them as their primaries

I think the glove logo is fun but in the end it's just not that solid of a design. I'd love to see them:

1. Go back to royal/yellow full time

2. Use the old block M for the caps

3. Use the current script but with a single, not double outline (no white in between)

4. Block numbers and name font

51XV46STVEL.jpgff_2327551_full.jpg&w=340

5 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I think the glove logo is fun but in the end it's just not that solid of a design. I'd love to see them:

Go wash your mouth out with that non sense!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I'm just giving you crap. To each their own. I think it's a fantastic logo in itself, but I'd be ok if it weren't featured on the hat. As long as it is still used in promotional art.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

13 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I grow weary of the brewers constantly marketing their ball in glove logo and colors and yet they won't dump their current set while personally I think the set is overrated everyone loves those so it makes me wonder why they just don't take the logical step and adopt them as their primaries

This 100% They clearly love the BiG so much that they're using it in not one but two color schemes and multiple times a week... Why not move past the other design by now?

On 10/23/2016 at 3:43 PM, Dra--- said:

I like the blue and yellow too, but Lin wasn't wrong about them only being a one year thing. The Padres FO was very clear, saying numerous times that blue and yellow was just a one time thing for the all-star game.

So something has changed recently. Either they decided blue and yellow worked well and was popular, or maybe Dee being fired played a role.

I would just like to have them expand the use of the brown and gold. Rather than it just being a Friday thing, expand it to Sat too. Or allow the starting pitcher of the day to pick the colors: that's what they did back in 98 with the blue alts.

I hope if this yellow and blue deal is true, that they add it to the grey road unis. We saw that uniform only once last year, and it looked really good.

The Padres didn't have a road uni with yellow on it. They had a one off in the ASG that had gold, a kind of mashup between their home and aways last year, but that was a nod to the fact it was the Padres home park and their players were being forced to be the away team in it.

As for the blue and yellow being popular, it wouldn't shock me. Anecdotally I saw a great number of the blue and yellow Padres home caps around town this year. Far more than any other style in recent years being worn in the wild. It does seem to have caught on. And it and the similarly styled '91-'04 blue with orange D that it appears to mimic were the two caps that appeared to be in shortest supply at the team stores.

24 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

The Padres didn't have a road uni with yellow on it. They had a one off in the ASG that had gold, a kind of mashup between their home and aways last year, but that was a nod to the fact it was the Padres home park and their players were being forced to be the away team in it.

I think that's the one he was talking about.

CnNJ3yhWEAE9km5.jpg

I usually prefer the full city name on roads, but I did like this.

11 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I can live with the navy/yellow but wish they'd:

1. Change the yellow to a deeper shade, less canary, like on the brown alt.

2. Make the SD all yellow like on the brown alt. 

$_57.JPG

The split color SD is actually something that goes back to the PCL Padres, and of course ties into the 98 team. I think it might be the one design element all Padres fan get behind.

Archived