MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

48 minutes ago, tp49 said:

This may fall under unpopular opinions since generally I can't stand MLB's special "cash grab" uniforms but if the Rays changed their script to the lighter blue used on the Father's Day jersey's I wouldn't be against it or hate it.  I actually, dare I say it, liked it but only the script, not the caps or socks.

YES

I am glad I'm not the only one who see this.  Also, seeing the Rockies use light blue makes me wonder what adding light blue to the purple and black currently could look like.

Looks like this years Home Run Derby caps (weird see through mesh material, floral pattern bill), are about to drop in Orange AND Miami's blue color. 

I may end up even broker now.

5948c03d6cfcf_ScreenShot2017-06-19at11_24_44PM.png.417d47e072acfcaa3453fac86de2de53.png

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Looks like this years Home Run Derby caps (weird see through mesh material, floral pattern bill), are about to drop in Orange AND Miami's blue color. 

I may end up even broker now.

5948c03d6cfcf_ScreenShot2017-06-19at11_24_44PM.png.417d47e072acfcaa3453fac86de2de53.png

Dammit, and I just bought a black Mets one, I'll be mad if theres an orange or blue version lol

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The mesh looks awful, but that's a great shade of blue for the Marlins.   Should absolutely be their home cap. 

That orange mesh looks interesting too.  But that blue hat (in regular poly) would be the finest the team has worn, maybe ever.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The mesh looks stupid, but that's a great shade of blue for the Marlins.  Should absolutely be their home cap. 

I agree, on both points (and I loved the mesh of the original BP caps in the late 1990s, but I don't want fishnet stockings on my head).

As "out there" as their current look seemed when it was first introduced, I've warmed to it some.  More blue and less black would make it a winner.

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

As "out there" as their current look seemed when it was first introduced, I've warmed to it some.  More blue and less black would make it a winner.

I too have come to appreciate it.  I still think it's a bit dour at times with the black, but that blue, and their vibrant orange, would go a long way towards livening it up.

Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to remove patches from caps? I can live with the New Era logo, but I'd like to grab the Rays ASG cap and not have the ASG patch on the side. It doesn't look like they sell them without the patch like they used to (at least in 2014).

24 minutes ago, Matito said:

Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to remove patches from caps? I can live with the New Era logo, but I'd like to grab the Rays ASG cap and not have the ASG patch on the side. It doesn't look like they sell them without the patch like they used to (at least in 2014).

You're welcome.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I too have come to appreciate it.  I still think it's a bit dour at times with the black, but that blue, and their vibrant orange, would go a long way towards livening it up.

My problem with making the blue the primary color is that light blue/orange, no matter how unique the shades are, brings them too close to the division rival Mets. While both team's aesthetics are markedly different (Art Deco imitation vs. love child of the Giants and Dodgers), the color similarity is too much for me to overlook. I'd rather they do with a blue that's more on the teal side, or dump black entirely and base their set around a deep, greenish teal. Think this, but with orange as a secondary color and yellow/powder blue accents:

mack-hollins-wr-philadelphia-eagles_pg_6

It's a bad color for the Eagles, but it's an excellent "dark" color for the Marlins.

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

My problem with making the blue the primary color is that light blue/orange, no matter how unique the shades are, brings them too close to the division rival Mets. While both team's aesthetics are markedly different (Art Deco imitation vs. love child of the Giants and Dodgers), the color similarity is too much for me to overlook. I'd rather they do with a blue that's more on the teal side, or dump black entirely and base their set around a deep, greenish teal. Think this, but with orange as a secondary color and yellow/powder blue accents:

mack-hollins-wr-philadelphia-eagles_pg_6

It's a bad color for the Eagles, but it's an excellent "dark" color for the Marlins.

So rather than a divisional rival, you'd prefer them to look more like the traditional look of the Tampa Bay Rays?

5 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

So rather than a divisional rival, you'd prefer them to look more like the traditional look of the Tampa Bay Rays?

It's been a decade since they wore green, and they've had all of their success in navy/powder/yellow. I would say that the "Devil Rays" look has long since been buried. Besides, orange/yellow/light blue are vastly different from black, royal, and silver.

9 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It's been a decade since they wore green, and they've had all of their success in navy/powder/yellow. I would say that the "Devil Rays" look has long since been buried. Besides, orange/yellow/light blue are vastly different from black, royal, and silver.

Who is black/royal/silver?

Eh, I'm more digging at you than anything.  Though, seriously, I associate darker teal with Tampa and lighter teal with Miami.  They may be navy, columbia, and yellow right now, a color scheme I prefer, but a goodly amount in these parts keep arguing for them to go back to the D'Ray colors.

• IceCap locked this topic