MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

It's better than just blue and white. As much as I'd like to see the Padres back in brown, I could live with the Padres in navy and yellow. Or royal blue and yellow. Or powder blue and yellow. Or brown and yellow, orange or white.

Just anything other than navy and white. Navy and white feels like they've just given up.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

What the heck was wrong with these?

Pitch-Ep109_Sc33-RM_0980_hires2_1280x720

Sadly the ratings couldn't really justify the cost per episode is the impression I get.

Oh, the uniforms. Hell if I know. I think the Padres are in a weird spot that I think lands them in generic baseball uniform land. A lot of people identify with them with the brown. Some others like me think of the 90s blue/orange gear.

43 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

giphy.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

The best part is that they clearly don't want to switch back to brown and the navy/yellow look calmed the calls for it, then they dumped yellow and people started calling for brown even louder.

They had a taste of a good uniform, and their hope was quickly shattered as is Padres tradition. 

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The best part is that they clearly don't want to switch back to brown and the navy/yellow look calmed the calls for it, then they dumped yellow and people started calling for brown even louder.

Indeed. I remember when the 2016's were announced people were like, "those are actually... not bad" and everyone took a chill pill for year. Then they release bland o rama for 2017 and everyone's gone nuts for them to change to ANYTHING else at this point. Brown, blue it doesn't matter, as long as it's something. They're all but monochrome at this point. Made even worse because they wear their beautiful 90's uniforms on Wednesdays and the Brown/Gold on Friday. They've got two great options they've added to their weekly lineup for a full time uni... yet they wear those monochrome turds most nights.

16 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Boring, bland navy instead of brown.

I'd rather them wear brown instead of navy blue* also, BUT at least they took a stance and made a move towards something.  What they have now is a whole lot of nothingness, It's one of the few cases in sports that I can remember where a team just decided to completely forego trying to have a recognizable identity.

*though navy and yellow is a good color combo and nobody else was using it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Yellow touching white, even-numbered piping, city name at home for a team that isn't the Yankees or Tigers

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

Not a damn thing. And the show shouldn't have been cancelled either.

Ok...two TV show references.  What am I missing?

Mark me down as wanting brown but being willing to settle on blue and yellow.  At least they'd blend in less.  I don't like the S and D being different colors but otherwise it was great.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Ok...two TV show references.  What am I missing?

Mark me down as wanting brown but being willing to settle on blue and yellow.  At least they'd blend in less.  I don't like the S and D being different colors but otherwise it was great.

I'd go with gold for the cap for both letters

also, Pitch is one TV reference

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

relevant enough:

How so?   And what part?  Don't make us listen to an hour-long podcast to figure out what you're talking about. 

I got about ten minutes in. I heard plenty of stupid buzzwords, cocaine jokes, and homophobic cracks, but I didn't hear anything terribly relevant to this particular conversation.  

Archived