MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

54 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

They already are making fun that some teams have worn 16 different jerseys this year.

And now they are going to wear bright colored uniforms for a weekend for the little league world series?

When does this madness end?

It doesn't sadly

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You act like this is the worst possible thing ever when it could be worse, so so much worse...

636209464323024301-CELTICS-094.jpg

Be glad you only get weird one off uniforms.

Jersey ads, especially how the NBA is doing it, is preferable by far to a contrast slew of one offs like baseball is doing. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Well, these suck about as much as I thought they would. Maybe the Rockies will wear their actual purple hats, I'd be okay with that. 

Hard to tell until I see the real thing, but I'm kinda excited to see the Marlins in that blue cap.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

9 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Well, these suck about as much as I thought they would. Maybe the Rockies will wear their actual purple hats, I'd be okay with that. 

If they're really meant to connect to the LLWS, shouldn't they have coordinated with LLWS geographically so teams wore the hat color that corresponded with the region their city would fall in?

14 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

It is interesting that, unlike their other speciality jerseys, the Brewers are using their primary cap logo. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Turn black the clock to Turn ahead the Clock?

Playing with fire. We don't know what that could to do to the space time continuum and, frankly, I don't think we're infrastructurally or politically prepared to take that risk. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

30 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

The Angels really went out on a limb...lol....

Kinda disappointed the back logo won't be team colors.  And this graphic still doesn't explain the yellow throwback Pirates hat.  The best hats, IMO, are D-backs, Marlins, and Nationals, even if they are using the Rangers' old star.

When I see these, I don't think Little League.  All I see are bright colors for bright colors' sake.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

49 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

For sure, I thought the Mets would use Mr. Met. 

XM4KeeA.png

Based on the Pirates design vs. actual leaked cap, I'd say those designs should all include the *designs subject to change* disclaimer.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

4 hours ago, walkerws said:

San Diego looks "unique ". 

How unlike them.

I really don't want very many of these hats on the field.

• Make this your primary:
    • Miami
  • Suitable for the field:
    • Cleveland (only because they pretty much already have it; I don't like it in general)
    • Angels 
  • Serviceable BP Cap:
    • Texas
    • Toronto
    • Washington
    • Philadelphia
    • Colorado
    • KC
    • Boston (blue hats only in games, in my opinion)
    • NY Mets
    • Cubs, I guess (I wish it was beneath them, but it's not)
  • Attractive enough, but why mess with the shade of blue (OK...I guess I know why now, but this keeps them belonging on the field)
    • Yankees  (probably did as little as they could)
    • Houston (BP only)
  • Throwback-BP worthy
    • Arizona
  • Fashion cap at best
    • St. Louis
    • Atlanta
    • LA Dodgers
    • Brewers
    • Giants
    • Padres
    • Mariners
    • White Sox
    • Tampa Bay
  • "Kids Korner" fashion cap at best
    • Cincinnati
    • A's
    • Baltimore
    • Detroit
    • Minnesota (though this could have i's own "throw it in a dumpster" group)
    • Pittsburgh

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

54 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Angels really went out on a limb...lol....

Kinda disappointed the back logo won't be team colors.  And this graphic still doesn't explain the yellow throwback Pirates hat.  The best hats, IMO, are D-backs, Marlins, and Nationals, even if they are using the Rangers' old star.

When I see these, I don't think Little League.  All I see are bright colors for bright colors' sake.  

If I were to rank the teams for how they responded to this, I'd probably rank the Angels number 1 for this reason.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived