MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't know if you were talking about the 90s or now, but the Astros wear navy and orange.  The Padres still look great in navy and orange - better than navy and white.

Yep, I had forgotten the Astros.  I knew I was forgetting someone, but I am so used to the Astros previous set from all the times they battled the Cardinals for the NL Central in the 2000s and I haven't seen them as much since the switch to the AL.   I still think that they could both pull it off, especially since they are in different leagues now.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which jersey it'll be paired with but FYI:

Normally Atlanta wears the cream throwback alternates on the weekend. Not sure this hat would really match that style. The Braves paired this with their spring training jersey at the exhibition which opened the new ballpark back in March and I thought that was a nice look for a rare appearance.

040117%20braves%20print%20CC26.JPG

They matched them with their ST lids with the retro 1970s logo.

040117%20braves%20print%20CC33.JPG

7 hours ago, insert name said:

I do not like the Braves navy blue jersey. 

4 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

I don't think anyone does.

I love it. I also don't mind the all navy hats but it should only be worn with that jersey. The default road set should have the red brim.

Wow that's awful. Totally unbalanced, awkward angle, and trying to use something non-iconic as an icon. That doesn't look like anything that should be within 500 miles of a MLB field. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Mitch B said:

The Mets-Dodgers game ithis Saturday afternoon is simply gorgeous.  ?⚾️??⚾️?

Definitely. Two of my top five unis in MLB, and they're even better in afternoon games.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Mitch B said:

The Mets-Dodgers game ithis Saturday afternoon is simply gorgeous.  ?⚾️??⚾️?

(Wish the Mets played better) BUT yes, this has always been a nice uniform matchup. It's made better since the Dodgers have been wearing the LA uniforms.

XM4KeeA.png

5 minutes ago, Ark said:

The Reds should use this exact set, home and away both pullover jerseys

Home

be9bb2e7fc78e2179db32e7dec0a2664.jpg

Away

383f26210d9ba5fc474dde3cfa888d67.jpg

Alternate

MnllDrA.png

I'd like button-downs for all three, but other than that, spot on.

58 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'd like button-downs for all three, but other than that, spot on.

Well, give them thinner stripes and go back to the much superior block font, Block Standard Bold (what the Royals use on their home uniforms).

brm-6.jpg

That custom Reds block font (mid-1980's to 1998) looked really cheap and tacky.

22 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, give them thinner stripes and go back to the much superior block font, Block Standard Bold (what the Royals use on their home uniforms).

I think thinner stripes would be the natural change (as every team seems to have thinner stripes) but if they can make thick stripes work, it'd be great to see.

Just noticed this on last night's ESPN highlights. When did the Indians switch to the red cap while wearing their navy top? I'll admit, I love this look for them.

-56ac3d85ad002a9b.jpg

You just made the Iron List!!

Iron List.png

Archived