MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

On 8/13/2017 at 10:54 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Are we positive the Nats are using black for the players weekend? I feel like that's just a dark navy. Has anyone seen the jersey in person to confirm or deny this? 

Really looks like it.

Nationals.jpg

Has anyone picked up any of these, or at least gotten photos.  I haven't even seen a photo of these outside of these graphics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, kroywen said:

These seriously do look like Little League uniforms in action. I'm sure the venue helps with that, but these would totally fit in on a Little League field.

So I guess, mission accomplished?

Haven't seen any clips yet but the Pirates and Cardinals definitely had two of the better uniforms in the set so it'll be tough for any other matchup to look as good though some just might. 

On 8/19/2017 at 6:01 PM, phutmasterflex said:

It looks so beautiful. I miss it. 

mnW6y8U.jpg

That was my favorite road look in baseball for many years, and the best cap of any kind the A's have ever had. It was great to see it for a day again.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Umm... hey guys... sooo... the Pirates and especially the Cardinals looked pretty good tonight all things considered.

I'm not buying this stuff about this bringing out the players personalities for the Players Weekend next week but as far as being a representation of Little League baseball, tonight's matchup and presentation looked great to me.

It'll probably be overkill next weekend for most series but I was ok with the Cardinals and Pirates looking as good as they did playing in front of so many kids and doing the 16 kid first pitch and the post game high fives thing and all the pregame interaction with the kids and all that stuff. 

Seems like, or my guess is, the original solid idea was the Little League Classic for this one game but then MLB saw a money making opportunity with the uniforms and thus extended it to all 30 teams for an entire weekend and so they jumped the shark and fabricated a B.S. celebration of the personalities that players either already have or don't have. 

Oh well. But like I said, for this one game, not bad. 

10 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

So how soon can we expect Marlins rebranding rumors to begin swirling? When is the deadline for the 2019 season? Is it still May of the previous season?

Bring back teal and black! 

I was wondering that too. I'll bet pinstripes are coming back. 

I hope not. I hope it's something that takes cues from the 1993-2002 Marlins and minor league Miami Marlins. Modernized 93-2011  MARLINS script, the swinging marlin patch, teal cap at home, black bill cap on the road, no pinstripes, big names on the jerseys....

Can we also get more retro uniform nights? There are only a handful of teams that participate less in retro nights than the Marlins. It's criminal the 1993 set has never made another appearance on the field. Off the top of my head I can count 2 times the Marlins have worn retro uniforms in the last 10 years. 97 set in 2007 against the Indians and a generic minor league set against the Brewers in 2013 or 2014.

1997 | 2003

Just received a Marlins LLWS/Players' Day hat.  Might be the closest thing to a perfect hat for the Marlins (just wish a normal batterman logo was on the back).  If you're on the fence about any of these hats...this one is definitely worth the money.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

58 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

It was such a mistake to ditch that hat. Why where they wearing it at all though?

The A's and Astros turned it back to the late 90s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Astros were wearing 1997 throwbacks so A's decided to throw back to 1997 as well which was basically just wearing that cap.

Huh... yeah guess it makes me wonder if last Wednesday the Phillies had "turned back the clock" against the Padres when the Pads were in their "1998" uniform (the '91 style). Seeing as the Phils away unis haven't had any real change to them since 1992 there's no real way to notice like the subtle but important cap change for the A's.

Archived