TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

Recommended Posts

I would like Stance Socks a lot more if they didn't have the team logo on them. I think the bridge design is a cool idea for the Pirates, but the yellow P screws up the look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, eastfirst107 said:

It sort of speaks to the incoherence of their branding at the time that one of their "clone" affiliates updated, but not the other...the Dunedin Blue Jays (Florida State League) jumped right on board with the new look in '04, but the Pulaski Blue Jays (Appalachian League) hung on to the steroid bird through '06.

 133521_yzXXEzRMRbBdOi0_io_LFagbs.jpg

 

 

This could just be to save money.  Appalachian is just rookie ball, so they probably don't get the updated uniforms as often as the higher up A, AA, AAA teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bouj said:

This is correct.  They were only supposed to be on the road for 3 in Anaheim (Players' Weekend), so they didn't bring the regular grey jerseys.  Their beat writer said they had the navy jerseys with them because come of the players wear them for BP, instead of those pullover tops with the numbers on the sleeve.  I guess someone either drove their orange set out to an available airport for the final game.  I can't remember when IAH/HOU reopened.  It's been a hell of a 10-day stretch here in Houston, so some stuff is still a blur.

 

I feel for you in Houston. I live in Louisiana, and we flooded last August. Half a gutted house, two bouts of red tape with the insurance and mortgage companies, a sale of the flooded house and seven months after the flood, we were able to buy a new house. And I know of other people who had it worse and a longer time before life got back to normal. We're better off now, but it took a long time to get there and I wouldn't wish a flood on anyone. Hope things work out for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CWS manager Renteria has been wearing the Child Cancer Awareness cap for about a week now. I can only assume this will continue until the MLB front office tells him to switch to the 9/11 flag cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda like that idea for the Jays. Stand in solidarity and whatnot. 

 

 

I'm going to the Dodgers Giants game on 9/11. I may have to pick one of those caps up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Braves are wearing those tomahawk hats that you all love so very much tonight. Fun fact: every time they've busted them out this season has been against the Marlins. Isn't that a fun fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

The Braves are wearing those tomahawk hats that you all love so very much tonight. Fun fact: every time they've busted them out this season has been against the Marlins. Isn't that a fun fact?

I like the hat in a vacuum, but pairing it with a fauxback just looks awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bucs007 said:

Could be very much alone on this, but the Postseason patches for this year are really solid. Definitely the best since they started doing Postseason specific on-field caps. 

 

http://www.mlbshop.com/Washington_Nationals_Gear/Mens_Washington_Nationals_New_Era_Red_2017_Postseason_Side_Patch_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

thumb.aspx.jpeg

Agreed. The bats give it a nice feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree.  The 2015 Postseason look was the best.

 

Do love this, though.  Simple and elegant... it seems.  Would love to get a better look/a vector image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 8:53 PM, phutmasterflex said:

For 9/11, New Era logo moves to other side of cap; Blue Jays gets two flags. 

 

Would look so much better with the flags on each side. Thanks New Era for ruining the game caps!

 

Makes no sense, game caps now look like fashion caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are the best (and most straightforward) postseason shirts in quite some time. I really like them, except for that somewhat strange "Take 17" slogan. Makes it sound like "hey, we screwed up the first 16 takes... we're on Take 17!"'

 

Also, I really like the US/Canada flag patch on the Jays' jersey, much more than having a flag on each side. Wonder if they could've worked in a subtle yellow ribbon as a nod to Operation Yellow Ribbon. Might've been a little too much visually, but it would've been a nice nod to the Canadian contribution to 9/11 relief efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Those are the best (and most straightforward) postseason shirts in quite some time. I really like them, except for that somewhat strange "Take 17" slogan. Makes it sound like "hey, we screwed up the first 16 takes... we're on Take 17!"'

 

Also, I really like the US/Canada flag patch on the Jays' jersey, much more than having a flag on each side. Wonder if they could've worked in a subtle yellow ribbon as a nod to Operation Yellow Ribbon. Might've been a little too much visually, but it would've been a nice nod to the Canadian contribution to 9/11 relief efforts.

Well, we are talking about the Nationals here... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kroywen said:

Those are the best (and most straightforward) postseason shirts in quite some time. I really like them, except for that somewhat strange "Take 17" slogan. Makes it sound like "hey, we screwed up the first 16 takes... we're on Take 17!"'

 

stanley-kubrick-downslope-god-fearing-ma

 

"Only 17 takes? You guys are amateurs."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bucs007 said:

Could be very much alone on this, but the Postseason patches for this year are really solid. Definitely the best since they started doing Postseason specific on-field caps. 

 

http://www.mlbshop.com/Washington_Nationals_Gear/Mens_Washington_Nationals_New_Era_Red_2017_Postseason_Side_Patch_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

thumb.aspx.jpeg

Either the circle needs to be smaller or the batterman needs to be bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.