MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

if you read the description under the photo, it says the Orioles created a "group of fun birds."  The Orioles did this for marketing to kids, and it's used for the 'Junior Orioles Dugout Club."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/history/uniforms_logos.jsp

orioles_club_mascot_369x398-278x300.png

15 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Ahh.  I don't think I've ever seen any other than the one posted . . . which I've never really liked, for the record.

14 hours ago, leopard88 said:

That's just the same bird buying snacks.  That's no evidence of a "group."  :lol:

Yeah.  The description says that a group was created.  I expected there was an entire family of birds or something like that, and was interested in how they differentiated their look and personalities, considering they're all the same bird.  That looks to be the exact same bird, but perhaps they just all look exactly the same.

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

3. State flag C is too too close to the Cubs' C, can't do it

The Cubs' C is much thinner and incredibly small.  If the Rockies went with a C that was the size of their current cap insignia and twice the thickness of the Cubs', I think it could work.  Worse comes to worse, you can include the circle in the center in a third color.

hwl?set=sku%5B20076645%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B5hwl?set=sku%5B20076634%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

3 hours ago, insert name said:

I dunno. I think the Rockies look fine. They don't need to change anything. 

IMG_6685.JPG

Admittedly, it's not a bad look, but the fact that their primary color and the color that sets them separate is completely missing from their home unis is a big miss.  And the change to the cap insignia as a primary is rough and unimaginative.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think if the wordmark had solid purple letters outlined in silver (using the same font) with black pinstripes, with solid purple numbers outlined in silver as well, it'd look pretty good (and would pretty much look like the hat).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Regarding the MLB locker room celebrations, I think it's ridiculous that they have them at every stage of the postseason.  They're popping champagne because they've made it among the top 1/3 of all teams at this point?  The NFL doesn't have a celebration after every playoff win.  Do they even do it when they learn they've made the playoffs?  I don't think they do.   What about the NBA and NHL?

There was a time, up until 1993, that making MLB's postseason was an accomplishment.  Only four teams did it. Being one of 10 is not worthy of champagne, IMO.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:57 AM, phutmasterflex said:

^ Purple isn't missing from their home unis. It's just not as noticeable on the pinstripes. Purple in some shape or form as a fill inside their wordmark would be better but I am OK with their set as is. 

Oh...  Wow...  People complain a lot about how the purple in the pinstripes doesn't read at all, and I've always been on the other side of the argument.  Now, in the heat of the moment, I did it myself.

14 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

The odious Angel Hernandez.

IMG_0781.PNG

What is the story anyway with those letters on the shoulder?  I just noticed them the other night, but haven't heard anything about them.

It's funny you use that word.  I'd just used that word to describe Joe West when asking a podcast about the philosophical questions behind his suspension, namely what they believed should be done when someone you find objectionable is treated unfairly.  Although I only used it because the Twitter character limit struggle is real.

11 hours ago, Bmac said:

IMG_20170915_000134.thumb.jpg.6d400bac6d93bc21ac32e72cfc562f61.jpg

It's a good look, although much less so with the navy wordmark.  Navy wordmark is great, just not with that hat.

spacer.png

spacer.png

They're memorial patches for umpires who passed. 'KK' is for Ken Kaiser, who died last month. I made a post a few days ago asking why the umps don't have matching gear, but that was just random games. Looking closer, you have guys on the same crew who don't match. It's inexplicable, givens they travel together.

Brewers wearing Retro Friday (home alternate) uniforms, and Marlins wearing road alternate uniforms, in the relocated series to Milwaukee :(

I get it that Milwaukee is on MLB's contingency plan, but the Brewers wearing their home uniforms is salt in the wound for a team losing three home games due to Hurricane Irma.

14 hours ago, uniguy22 said:

Can Arizona just go back to these full time? They just look so good, and they won the WS in them. When I think of the D-backs I think of these jerseys. 

qhsBdUO.png

Those are not jerseys, those are wests.  And they only look decent with that matching purple jersey underneath. 

Why not put purple sleeves on, if these jerseys are so popular.

What exactly is the point of a west if you have another shirt underneath?

5 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Those are not jerseys, those are wests.  And they only look decent with that matching purple jersey underneath. 

Why not put purple sleeves on, if these jerseys are so popular.

What exactly is the point of a west if you have another shirt underneath?

You mean a faux vest? Do jerseys get worse than a faux vest?

27 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

No, what i mean is:  the purpose of a west is freedom of movement right?

But all the players here have a shirt on underneath, so what is the purpose of wearing these wests?

Your auto-correct has weird settings.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, ShinyHubCaps said:

Brewers wearing Retro Friday (home alternate) uniforms, and Marlins wearing road alternate uniforms, in the relocated series to Milwaukee :(

I get it that Milwaukee is on MLB's contingency plan, but the Brewers wearing their home uniforms is salt in the wound for a team losing three home games due to Hurricane Irma.

It was said on the broadcast that Miami didn't want to send for their home whites so they will have the road set the whole series.  Milwaukee had nothing to do with this.

Archived