MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of former and current futile teams:

There is also a dark royal/athletic gold version of the Mariners' anniversary patch:

Mariners-40th-anniversary-patches.jpg

I think it goes without saying that the top patch looks way better than the bottom one. That yellow sky is a bit of an issue. 

It's been two seasons, and I still dislike the Mariners' faux-retro alts.

1 hour ago, worcat said:

with Cleveland wearing navy, Chicago should have been able to wear White or Grey. not Blue. This is where the league is failing as a whole. 

White, for a road team? How about no, Scott! (Grey, yes, and I respect the point you were trying to make.)

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

There is also a dark royal/athletic gold version of the Mariners' anniversary patch:

I think it goes without saying that the top patch looks way better than the bottom one. That yellow sky is a bit of an issue. 

Yeah, that was posted above. But you're right - everything that looks great in the original colors seems off in the retro colors.  The delicate balance is thrown off. 

Design matters; you can't just click-and-fill a good design and make it work. 

7 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

It's too bad the jerseys ruined this game.

Both teams could've been wearing clown suits, and this would've been a classic game. I wasn't happy about either team wearing alternates at all, but it was a minor annoyance when the teams first came out on the field. After that, the focus was squarely on the game.

It's like with the Cavs-Warriors Game 7 earlier this year - the Cavs were wearing something only one step above actual clown suits, but that game was absolutely still a classic. Just not quite as aesthetically pleasing.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, that was posted above. But you're right - everything that looks great in the original colors seems off in the retro colors.  The delicate balance is thrown off. 

Love lookin' up at that lemon-yellow Seattle sky.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Love lookin' up at that lemon-yellow Seattle sky.

Are your arms raised in a V, Jeremy?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Even if you don't like the Mariners' retro-coloured uniforms, it seems clear that the patch is better in the original colours.  In the top patch, the clouds and the sky blend into each other; whereas, in the bottom one the two elements are clearly distinguished.

Yes, design matters; and this patch's design works much better with the bright colours of the team's original uniforms.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The top one is how Seattle's sky actually looks though. 

I don't like the patch because the block shape will look bad on the jerseys. It'll look like an ad from far away. And count me in the camp that says the only anniversaries that are patch worthy are: 10, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The last time I was at a Brewers game I saw a fan wearing the Cubs blue alt but it had white piping on the sleeves and placket, and it looked really sharp.

Given that it's mainly worn on the road these days, I'm not sure white piping would look that good.

31 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Givem that it's mainly worn on the road these days, I'm not sure white piping would look that good.

Red piping would probably look better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Given that it's mainly worn on the road these days, I'm not sure white piping would look that good.

Only on the road at the moment, I believe, and may it ever remain that way, with that uniform never again popping up in front of a crowd at Wrigley.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived