MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

6 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I don't mind the Cubs alt but if they're going to update it, they should just throw the C-bear on this design:

image.jpeg

Or just make a button down version of this for the alt.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

:rolleyes: A jersey patch to celebrate 25 years at a ballpark?  What's next, a jersey patch to celebrate 1 million hot dogs sold?

To be fair it's a beautiful park worthy of a nice patch lol

21 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

To be fair it's a beautiful park worthy of a nice patch lol

Hmm, what about the huge building to the right that looks like a prison?

When watching a game i am always imagining a sniper in one of the windows, it reminds me of this place!

SchoolbookDepository.jpg

27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

:rolleyes: A jersey patch to celebrate 25 years at a ballpark?  What's next, a jersey patch to celebrate 1 million hot dogs sold?

Considering Camden Yards was a revolutionary ballpark when it opened and started a true ballpark renaissance it seems very appropriate. Without it we'd all still be watching games in places like this...

4581286213_86b762a7d1.jpg

4 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Considering Camden Yards was a revolutionary ballpark when it opened and started a true ballpark renaissance it seems very appropriate. Without it we'd all still be watching games in places like this...

Next season all teams must wear a jersey patch with that image on it, and the text "Just be grateful we don't play here"

11 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Button down, of course.

Oh!  Okay.  Just making sure.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

It's kinda their thing.

wny5rwgrqoaobkqy1t2vbuz34.gif

Actually, they're not the only ones...

udevi9jng488fagfoxxk3lh9v.gif2132.gif2131.giffng62eh5qo4ghhni7jvz7tzxb.gif2124.gif9gufmr2lypobrpywnvi9.gif2127.gifllby7i5g2lovdhwke8t5jfrok.gifoba4m4pg4fkh2gofjdyeqbirn.gifpcmmk3jfelb8fdeg3pnu.gif

Jeez.  Maybe it's actually the Dodgers' thing.  And those are just the ones that aren't huge ones like 50, 75, and 100.

39 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Well... if it wasn't for Camden Yards we'd probably still be watching games in places like this: 5648010608_ebed0aac04_b.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, eriqjaffe said:

Even that doesn't look like that any more.

Nope.  They built that a year before Camden Yards opened, quickly finding out what a horrible mistake it was not to go Retro-Classic and have tried to fix it ever since.

On a side note, while looking for that picture, I found an old concept for the park.  

comiskey_concept1.jpg

Is taking a chunk of Arlington and slapping it into your park just a common practice in concepts?  I mean, the really crappy Dodger Stadium remix did the exact same thing.

Hershiser_DS.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Nope.  They built that a year before Camden Yards opened, quickly finding out what a horrible mistake it was not to go Retro-Classic and have tried to fix it ever since.

On a side note, while looking for that picture, I found an old concept for the park.  

comiskey_concept1.jpg

That concept is from the renovation project, not the first build.

The White Sox had a ton of concepts over the years. In fact, Tropicana Field was built to attract them, and then later the Giants, both of whom nearly relocated there in the 90s.

Here's a few other Pre-New Comiskey concepts:

Addison_Dome_Overhead.jpg

Addison_NoRoof1.jpg

Chicago_Deaton_1.jpg

Chicago_Deaton_3.jpg

chidome_1000.jpg

Anubis.png

Having been to Camden Yards countless times over the years, I think (obviously biased here, but still) it's one of the best experiences a baseball fan can have. Such a clean, good-looking park with awesome food and cheap seats.  The design is special too.  IMO a ballpark worthy of commemoration.

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Having been to Camden Yards countless times over the years, I think (obviously biased here, but still) it's one of the best experiences a baseball fan can have. Such a clean, good-looking park with awesome food and cheap seats.  The design is special too.  IMO a ballpark worthy of commemoration.

The only one comparable is PNC Park. A huge way PNC is better is that they give pitch counts, movements, ball strike counts, and the scoreboard graphics. 

That said, love them both the same. And OPaCY wins on food and customer service a lot. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived