MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

All big improvements, IMO. I can probably live with their new identity now. They still have to promise to never wear alts with their road pants again, though. 

I can totally get behind this!  I absolutely hated that aspect of the Diamondback unis.  This looks so much better.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're putting lipstick on a pig. Those are improvements, but the uniforms are still inherently hideous. Just removing some of the more radical/unconventional elements from the uniforms doesn't change the fact that the color balance is way off, the gradient is completely unsuited for a baseball uniform, the wordmark is poorly designed and only shows half the team's name, and they can't decide whether they're a red team, a black team, or a teal team.

FWIW, if your uniforms need to undergo significant tweaks after only a year, that means they were terribly designed to begin with.

Only $444 ! a bargain really, how many are you ordering? :D

http://www.mlbshop.com/Arizona_Diamondbacks_Jerseys/Mens_Arizona_Diamondbacks_Majestic_Gray_Turquoise_2017_Flex_Base_Authentic_Custom_Jersey

Edit:  Just read the reviews about these custom jerseys in that link, many of the  errors people are complaining about are false, one guy is complaining of missing name on jersey and writes he had to get name on jersey at the giants dugout!? could the reason for missing name be: giants don´t use name on back

Another man is complaining about a braves jersey, says it should be layed numbers, but as we know, this year it is kiss cut numbers. he also complains about missing nameplate, braves don´t use nameplate anymore! Majestic sometimes screw up, but these are not correct gripes imo

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

They're putting lipstick on a pig. Those are improvements, but the uniforms are still inherently hideous. Just removing some of the more radical/unconventional elements from the uniforms doesn't change the fact that the color balance is way off, the gradient is completely unsuited for a baseball uniform, the wordmark is poorly designed and only shows half the team's name, and they can't decide whether they're a red team, a black team, or a teal team.

FWIW, if your uniforms need to undergo significant tweaks after only a year, that means they were terribly designed to begin with.

Do the Red Sox also have trouble deciding whether they're a navy or red team? Or the Giants if they're black or orange?

27 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

$445 for an authentic jersey now? :censored: you, Fanatics. 

But in this case i think it´s the manufacturer we can blame. Because the price is the same at majestic.com

And here is the other grey jersey at $454 ^_^

http://www.majesticathletic.com/mens-2016-authentic-onfield-flex-base-personalized-road-jersey-arizona-diamondbacks/d/18120_c_101_cl_15727

however, not sure why it say 2016 and the 17´ version is nowhere to be found

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

Do the Red Sox also have trouble deciding whether they're a navy or red team? Or the Giants if they're black or orange?

The Red Sox wear navy and red on all of their uniforms. Same for the Giants with orange and black. I'm not saying every team has to emphasize just one color, a la the Angels with red. But there should be a cohesive color scheme.

The problem with the D-Backs is that they have one set of uniforms that's red/black heavy with sand trim, and another set that's teal/black heavy with red trim. They're trying to package two separate color schemes into a single identity. Either commit to the teal (which seems to be more popular), or don't. And to make matters worse, they have a throwback alternate in regular rotation in a third color scheme - purple and teal. 

It's a terribly muddled identity, with the only unifying factor being outlandish designs on their uniforms.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

Nick Ahmed said in the article about the Dbacks tweeks that he heard another team is going to use dark grey. Could he be talking about the Padres? They already have "battleship grey" in their scheme, supposedly. 

Now everyone is holding their collective breath that it's not their team. lol

1006292352491go_cougs_shed.jpg

8 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Apparently Mitchell & Ness is a value brand now. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

For that much, the jersey had better come game-worn with a Goldschmidt autograph.

How much does it actually cost for Majestic to produce an authentic jersey? 20, 30 bucks?

6uXNWAo.png

On 11/12/2016 at 11:22 AM, kroywen said:

This is why I don't want to impose a 5-year commitment to uniforms.  We'd be stuck with the originals for half a decade.

16 hours ago, Dinsmore16 said:

Now everyone is holding their collective breath that it's not their team. lol

I'm not.  :lol:

I screamed about this for half of last year's mega-sized thread, but, seriously, can we darken the teal so that it actually looks like the team's old teal instead of soap?  Even in the renderings it looks darker than it actually looks in the photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived