MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Diamondbacks finally got rid of the bloody Achilles stains on the pants. That's a good move.

Problem is, they still look like they need medical attention to bloody wounds under the armpit and over the shoulders. Those uniforms aren't getting any better until they remove those gradients completely.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I've said this before but, even with all of their changes being an improvement, it's not a good thing that the DBacks made changes this quickly, especially admitting that these changes were deciding upon a MONTH into the 2016 season. Some stubborness, some persistence, and some CONFIDENCE could have paid off for the DBacks. Making these changes so soon proves that they were wrong in what they called trendy new uniforms that everyone would love. They blew it up so big when the changes happened that maybe, just maybe, sticking to the damn thing could have paid off down the line. The Marlins rebrand is virtually the same today as it was 5 years ago when it was introduced. Same for other controversial rebrands that stuck around longer. Don't get me wrong, I personally like these changes, but if I'm a DBacks fan I hate how ownership gives up so soon and flip flops on its decisions. It makes Goldschmidt look like a corporate shill too when he swore these uniforms were so good and now they're changing them already.

Edit: Also, just noticed they changed the incomplete piping on the pants... but left them incomplete on the tops. Ugh...

7 hours ago, antoeneo79 said:

Pardon my terrible MS Paint skills, but I think the Diamondbacks should combine the two main eras of baseball with teal and sedona red and use the diamond pattern subliminally in the head spoon.  Also, go back to a more traditional gray for the away jersey.

Arizona-Diamondbacks-New-Road-Alt-Uniform-2017.png

That looks like an ugly Christmas sweater. I think you had a start of a good idea but then it went in the wrong direction.

15 hours ago, Dinsmore16 said:

Anyone with insider info: Will the Pirates retain the Pillbox-clad throwbacks for a second season? 

Not insider info, but I'd imagine so. Can't think of a time that a team mothballed a jersey set officially only a year after unveiling. 

Dbacks don't count in this, they're just tweaking. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 11/13/2016 at 3:18 AM, Thomas said:

Yes, these jerseys must somehow be more expensive to produce. Would love to see a video from majestic where we see one made. 

Chip Hale learns what goes into making his team’s 8 uniform styles at the Majestic Athletic factory. (Before he was fired!)

https://www.facebook.com/D-backs/videos/10157160373665005/

The changes are improvements, but like others have said, it's lipstick on a pig. Also they're changes that any of us here would have suggested the moment that concept was even brought to the table...well after we threw in the trash and lit a match at least.

The normal home and road are still horrible. They should just drop them and go with the teal accented set full time. I could live with the basketball net/Adidas tire tread gradient on the back on those. The way it's done on the normal home and road is atrocious. Also switch to a normal shade of gray please.

18 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Also they're changes that any of us here would have suggested the moment that concept was even brought to the tabl

This. They act like this stuff was something they had to see in execution to see if it would work but it wouldn't have taken a genius to know these things were not good to begin with.

13 hours ago, Wally1912 said:

Chip Hale learns what goes into making his team’s 8 uniform styles at the Majestic Athletic factory. (Before he was fired!)

https://www.facebook.com/D-backs/videos/10157160373665005/

That's actually pretty cool. Interesting to hear MLB has 129 different jerseys... 8 are Arizona, I'm gonna venture to guess that the Padres and Brewers make up about 90 of the other jerseys.

On 11/14/2016 at 3:14 PM, DiePerske said:

Not insider info, but I'd imagine so. Can't think of a time that a team mothballed a jersey set officially only a year after unveiling. 

Right, they kept the Clemente throwbacks for 2-3 seasons before moving on. (The pullover)

1006292352491go_cougs_shed.jpg

From the Brewers Facebook page....Oh my God, just make a decision, make a change, or somethung and get an identity already. Padres 2.0!

20161116_123339.png

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

6 minutes ago, clr2420 said:

From the Brewers Facebook page....Oh my God, just make a decision, make a change, or somethung and get an identity already. Padres 2.0!

20161116_123339.png

Seriously, it's like they. Really want to go with blue and yellow but they don't have the money to make the change

The Mariners have been doing similar things with their social media since the beginning of last season. With them, it's almost as if they want to change back but know the fans won't like it, so a Sunday alt and blue/yellow highlights on social media is their self-compromise.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, Dinsmore16 said:

Right, they kept the Clemente throwbacks for 2-3 seasons before moving on. (The pullover)

They wore the Clemente throwback uniforms twice (at least) this season as well. I know I've seen it, but after they gave up on trying, I figured I'd give up on going to the games as well. Not a regular alternative, but still "there"

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, clr2420 said:

20161116_123339.png

Isn't the WBC next year?  Who's gonna be playing those games?

And I'm guessing that the Brewers are gonna be wearing their navy/yellow alts, or some new alt with that same color scheme as their Spring Training uniform, so maybe having the ST schedule be that color makes sense from that standpoint.

EDIT: Also, are the Diamondbacks keeping the 2001 throwback, or were they only a 15th anniversary thing?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived