MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Oh, that's hysterical.    Regular price $29399?  Somebody was a little sloppy with the number pad, hit the "3" instead of the key beneath it.

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Baseball needs a 5 year rule like some of the other sports have. The Padres would be forced to commit themselves to a lasting identity, not these one, two year looks that get replaced by an alternate because it tested better. 

But knowing the Padres, they'd pick the absolute worst look possible and be stuck with it for 5 years.

51 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, that's hysterical.    Regular price $29399?  Somebody was a little sloppy with the number pad, hit the "3" instead of the key beneath it.

Can't wait to tell my friends I just saved $5,879 on a nice hat!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

The same Padres beat writer previously said that the league is pushing them towards brown but a monochromatic brown.

What does that mean?   Just brown and white?  

Not sure I like that idea - I think it needs an accent color, specifically a bright one like their gold.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

The same Padres beat writer previously said that the league is pushing them towards brown but a monochromatic brown.

The Marine camos were sort of monochromatic brown...

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1 hour ago, DIYsportsguy said:

There are no BP jerseys anymore. Just a choice for the players of various fleece and jackets to use during BP.

Huh? No jerseys at all? That's weird. 

What's weird is a special shirt just for batting practice.  

I hope that the lack of batting practice jerseys will mean that teams will wear their normal uniforms in spring training.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What's weird is a special shirt just for batting practice.  

I hope that the lack of batting practice jerseys will mean that teams will wear their normal uniforms in spring training.

You mean a special shirt like a BP jersey?  :P

No there will still be Spring Training unis I think.

Most guys don't wear batting practice jerseys before games anymore, anyway.  It's usually a light jacket or t-shirt.  

Most of the BP jerseys will have numbers on the sleeves but not on the backs.  They appear designed to be worn untucked.  I expect them to be fairly popular among the players for pre-game activities.

I thought the existing BP template was pretty much perfect.  It looked sharp, and the material was durable enough that teams could use the BP jerseys for games during Spring Training throughout the organization.  Teams only had to issue players in minor league camp one jersey, which could be used for practices and games.

7 hours ago, insert name said:

Makes me glad the Mets got in the World Series last year. No NE logo on that hat.

CaptureWHI.PNG

While I'm not a fan of this change you have to kind of figure it was inevitable. They've had the company logos on jerseys for a long time, if I'm New Era why shouldn't I get my logo on the cap?

mets.png

30 minutes ago, erlovepuck said:

While I'm not a fan of this change you have to kind of figure it was inevitable. They've had the company logos on jerseys for a long time, if I'm New Era why shouldn't I get my logo on the cap?

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you think of it, the MLB cap was the only thing in the big 4 without a manufacturer logo. Guess it's better than an additional stub hub logo on the chest.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived