MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I like the bowtie script! It's a shame that it hasn't been on a good uniform since 2010.

dYlYyGhg.jpg

Other than that script, this team just looks so nondescript, so bland and taste-free. There's so much potential for vibrant color and liveliness, but instead we have dull crud that misuses the 2004-present font and looks invisible when compared with the rest of the league.

This is worse than the Diamondbacks, because at least the Diamondbacks showed a degree of effort and tried something different. The Padres, meanwhile, made no effort and simply stripped down an already simplified set. The Padres merely exist to fill 81 dates at a beautiful outdoor venue in San Diego, and that's the most that can be said of them from a visual and competitive perspective.

38 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Wait, did they drop the navy SD alternate, AKA the only jersey in the set which looked decent with just navy and white? Shame, i rely liked it, it was the only uniform which highlighted the double piping that they use.

at this point, it's clear they're just throwing :censored: at the wall to see what sticks, problem is that they're doing it while watching the paint on the wall dry. If you can't choose an identity, go the soccer route and unveil one every few years,but for the love ofG-d try to make it interesting. I dunno, switch yellow for orange on last year's uniforms. Or try brown and sand, or brown and metallic gold, if you really are afraid of stupid piss and poop jokes. Or even go outside the box with brown and light blue, or directly copy the chargers colors, or try navy, orange and yellow like the Taco Bell set but with navy. All of these sound better than going with navy/white 

No the navy alt has been retained. The '91 style uni has also been retained for Weds. Both camo were retained. And the Friday brown was retained. The only changes were to the home and away uniforms.

33 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

No the navy alt has been retained. The '91 style uni has also been retained for Weds. Both camo were retained. And the Friday brown was retained. The only changes were to the home and away uniforms.

If someone needs an explanation why we call the Padres a mess, this :censored:load of uniforms enumeration is more than enough.

If candy buttons were a sports franchise, they would be the Padres. Nobody likes them, and they have potential that they refuse to tap. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

So Dennis Lin from the SD UT was right that the Padres would cut the yellow and streamline the look. Just very few of us were willing to think this meant white/blue/grey. Unbelievable. What a huge let down. If the Padres are going to be bad, at least they can do so while retaining their identity.

Lin also said that MLB was pushing the Padres to streamline. So for some reason, MLB wants the Padres to look terrible.

8 minutes ago, Dra--- said:

So Dennis Lin from the SD UT was right that the Padres would cut the yellow and streamline the look. Just very few of us were willing to think this meant white/blue/grey. Unbelievable. What a huge let down. If the Padres are going to be bad, at least they can do so while retaining their identity.

Lin also said that MLB was pushing the Padres to streamline. So for some reason, MLB wants the Padres to look terrible.

My guess is that the Brewers want to call dibs on Blue/Yellow. In turn Grandpappy Selig made a call to Manfred to stop the Padres from invading their colors and the Padres folded up like a wet paper towel. 

12 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

My guess is that the Brewers want to call dibs on Blue/Yellow. In turn Grandpappy Selig made a call to Manfred to stop the Padres from invading their colors and the Padres folded up like a wet paper towel. 

I only wish Selig still had that kind of influence over the Commish - it'a no coincidence that New Era is finally putting its logo on the side of MLB caps. 

These uninspired uniforms in San Diego managed to include probably my biggest pet peeve when it comes to baseball jerseys which is putting the cap logo on the sleeve as a patch.  It's so uninspiring and unoriginal and oh so Padres.  Padres gonna Padre.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, apparently the sailors wanted uniforms which were "less flammable".  Go figure.

WUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA STRIKES AGAIN

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

37 minutes ago, tp49 said:

These uninspired uniforms in San Diego managed to include probably my biggest pet peeve when it comes to baseball jerseys which is putting the cap logo on the sleeve as a patch.  It's so uninspiring and unoriginal and oh so Padres.  Padres gonna Padre.

The Swinging Friar is RIGHT THERE just begging to be used as a sleeve patch. Instead they default to the most dull option available. Oy.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Swinging Friar is RIGHT THERE just begging to be used as a sleeve patch. Instead they default to the most dull option available. Oy.

Blame Mike Dee. He supposedly hated the friar and tried to kill him in all forms before he was mysteriously fired for reasons as yet unrevealed.

5 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Blame Mike Dee. He supposedly hated the friar and tried to kill him in all forms before he was mysteriously fired for reasons as yet unrevealed.

One of the best logos in baseball. Let's pretend it doesn't exist.

Archived