MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This is my favorite Orioles cap logo. 

14892046365_f3a7102b0b_o.jpg

Yeah that's a good one.  I think they could wear that with their current uniforms and be fine, despite the style mismatch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/10/2016 at 5:08 PM, Dra--- said:

Shouldn't the Padres try the friar on the cap someday? Isn't it a bit surprising they've never done it once?

CzWADkEUQAAJjYB.jpg large.jpg

No. They're already minor league enough as it is. For what it would look like check out the Tucson Padres. It didn't really even work for them. In addition to looking minor league in cartoony, it does nothing to actually identify who the team is or where they're from at a glance like a monogram does. Plus it's just too big for a capy to look good.

hwl?set=sku%5B20292807%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

Yeah, as much as I love the Beer Barrel Man, it has the same problem. Too spread out to be an effective cap logo, which really has to be more compact. 

Some logos just look better as sleeve patches.  Some look better on caps. Shame that the White Sox have forgotten that. 

1 hour ago, Brandon9485 said:

I think the Orioles home white paneled cap is good (unpopular opinion?), but I'd be for dropping the mascot cap logo on the road cap. Black crown and bill with the B from the road grays. 

8399A84A-7457-4EA2-886F-5F6B4AEAF4A5-6763-000005D7B98742B5_tmp.png

I can't stand the white panel cap, but your idea would look great on the black road alt (pardon my poor designing skills): 

IMG_3040.JPG

14 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I can't stand the white panel cap, but your idea would look great on the black road alt (pardon my poor designing skills): 

IMG_3040.JPG

I would love to see the orioles use a hat like this, or one of the non-cartoon birds from their past.

And yes, death to the orioles white panel hat. I inexplicably like the Blue Jays panel hat, but I think it looks so bad for the orioles and any other professional baseball team. 

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I would love to see the orioles use a hat like this, or one of the non-cartoon birds from their past.

And yes, death to the orioles white panel hat. I inexplicably like the Blue Jays panel hat, but I think it looks so bad for the orioles and any other professional baseball team. 

I'm with you, for some reason it works really well for Toronto, but terribly for the O's.

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Didn't Baltimore have the white panel cap first though? 

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

19 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm suprised the Padres haven't used the Swinging Friar as a Batting Practice hat. It's a perfect logo to use for that kinda thing.

That I can agree with. And it would be a much better option than simply putting the SD on a white panel or something like that which has been their choice of late.

I love the Orioles With the white panel(possible bias as fan of team, but whatever)

The white panel just feels right, what they should be wearing all the time at home. 

Same with the cartoon bird, just feels right. 

Blue jays are also good with the white front panel, but i hate the trend that it started. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

My oh my, I love the Cartoon Bird! Taking off the white front panel makes it even better:

pmlb2-11543499dt.jpg

My stance with the Orioles has always been "Cartoon Bird, or it's a festering piece of crap!" It's a fun logo, and if there's anything baseball aesthetics need, it's fun logos and colors balanced withing traditional elements (see uniforms from 1969-71).

A cursive/block/Old English "B" would be good, but only as the bird's cap logo and as an alt logo.

Archived