TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

Recommended Posts

Unbelievable how much better those jerseys look when the logo is actually orange and not black. I'd only give them more credit if it wasn't so obvious the first time around. People who are literally blind could have told you the orange logo was better than the black logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT - it is odd that the the replica has the drop shadow on the front logo, but the 2017 authentic does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamondbacks announced that the primary hat for 2017 is the black with red gradient A. They also announced that the regular/single color black and red caps have been scrapped and won't be worn this year. Interesting, because they acknowledged their mistake with removing the gradient on the pants. But, now doubling down with it on the hats.

 

These are all the hats that they have at their disposal for this year too. I'm ready for this joke of a trend to end, makes it difficult to be a fan along with how they play. Hopefully purple will be back full time soon.

 

IMG_5279.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This Giants jersey on Fansedge/Fanatics doesn't look ST/BP...did we already talk about this?  Apologies in advance if we have.

 

https://www.fansedge.com/majestic-san-francisco-giants-black-alternate-2017-cool-base-team-jersey/p-2605349?query=2017%20cool%20base

 

TVIXX was pretty correct...though a small change looks to be in place for 2017...the SF now has the orange drop-shadow.

 

2016 picture for reference:

 

img-688332-m.jpg

I would have preferred a tan drop shadow like their old BP jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Diamondbacks announced that the primary hat for 2017 is the black with red gradient A. They also announced that the regular/single color black and red caps have been scrapped and won't be worn this year. Interesting, because they acknowledged their mistake with removing the gradient on the pants. But, now doubling down with it on the hats.

 

These are all the hats that they have at their disposal for this year too. I'm ready for this joke of a trend to end, makes it difficult to be a fan along with how they play. Hopefully purple will be back full time soon.

 

IMG_5279.JPG

Honestly, I don't mind the red and black for the diamondbacks.

 

they go from a jersey set that only had one serious flaw in my eyes(dbacks) to this. Terrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing is that while red and black are separately played out,  the Dbacks are the only team that wears them together, making their color scheme unique.

 

(I don't include the Reds because drop shadows aren't enough.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

The funny thing is that while red and black are separately played out,  the Dbacks are the only team that wears them together, making their color scheme unique.

 

(I don't include the Reds because drop shadows aren't enough.)

Wow, I just took for granted that there were more teams using red and black together, not just the diamondbacks. 

 

Even if you include the reds, 2/15 isn't terribly high, and 2/30 even less so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Wow, I just took for granted that there were more teams using red and black together, not just the diamondbacks. 

 

Even if you include the reds, 2/15 isn't terribly high, and 2/30 even less so. 

 

I still don't like the fact that they switched to the sedona red in the first place.  The sooner they go back to some combo of purple/teal/copper/black full time, the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DBacks won't go back to purple full time anytime soon. Not with a rebranding as boastful and and loud as last year's. They claim this is an evolution of their uniforms, they have no reason to go backwards in this evolution no matter how ugly it looks. Plus they've kept the purple in the rotation so they'll use that as enough to please the purple fans.

 

As for the 2017 change with the caps, I don't wanna see more of the gradient caps but when a team has seven caps in their rotation, dropping two seems like a positive change even if I don't agree with the two they chose to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yeah we all know they aren't going back to purple anytime soon. I just keep an irrational hope that they will.

 

The whole aspect of their change of trying to be hip, cool, and trendy and to be the Oregon of the MLB is just so cringeworthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair and a little biased, I don't mind the gradient caps at all.  But that's just me.

Reason being is that I do like the Diamondbacks.

Edited by tohasbo
edited wording and added more to post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tohasbo said:

To be fair and a little bias, I don't mind the gradient caps at all.  But that's just me.

 

First: "bias" is a noun; you want the adjective "biased".

Second:  To be fair and biased?

Finally: I was glad to see that Arizona got rid of those ridiculous pants.  But they fail to understand that this cap is just as bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Finally: I was glad to see that Arizona got rid of those ridiculous pants.  But they fail to understand that this cap is just as bad. 

 

I'd even say worse. The hats are a huge part of the branding compared to the pants...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

To be fair and a little bias, I don't mind the gradient caps at all.  But that's just me.

Not picking on you directly but my biggest problem with the gradient caps (along with many things about the DBacks' look) is that what the team had in mind for these new concepts mostly hasn't translated to reality. They said all these great things during the unveiling and then when the DBacks actually took the field most of what they wanted was nonexistent. Key point being the gradient on the pants that were supposed to look like the color of the cleats transitioning into a snakeskin pattern of the same color on the lower pant legs. Sounds awesome but that would require players to wear an almost solid color cleat of a specific color and to wear their pants a certain way. But of course players went out with different color cleats and different styles of pant bottoms. And this isn't the players faults this is the fault of the DBacks who thought that their concept of the pants would actually apply to reality.

 

So back to the gradient caps, to sum it up, instead of a red snakeskin appearing on the top of the player's heads... when watching those caps in an actual game all I see is players wearing black caps with splotches of pink on the top of their heads. That isn't how they were meant to look but that's clearly how they do look. Those caps need to be gotten rid of sooner rather than later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Diamondbacks announced that the primary hat for 2017 is the black with red gradient A. They also announced that the regular/single color black and red caps have been scrapped and won't be worn this year. Interesting, because they acknowledged their mistake with removing the gradient on the pants. But, now doubling down with it on the hats.

 

These are all the hats that they have at their disposal for this year too. I'm ready for this joke of a trend to end, makes it difficult to be a fan along with how they play. Hopefully purple will be back full time soon.

 

IMG_5279.JPG

 

Ditching the black cap with the tan outline isn't too big of a deal because the black cap with the teal outline is nearly identical and is easily their top seller (That's about to change with the new snake head alt, though). D Backs should really just consolidate things by adding the teal as another alt color and calling it a day. Replace tan with the teal, ditch the gradient caps, and they're good to go. 

 

 

Also, what's weird, even though it's not listed above, the all red cap sans gradient is still technically in the rotation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Also, what's weird, even though it's not listed above, the all red cap sans gradient is still technically in the rotation.

According to the very post you quoted, that all red cap is gone as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

According to the very post you quoted, that all red cap is gone as well. 

 

IMG_5280.PNG

 

Per the Diamondbacks twitter account, the all red won't be worn this year. Though their wording seems to leave the door open that they can return in the future. Lids has the 2017 solid caps for sale on their website with the new era logo on the side, so they didn't scrap them from production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I had heard differently from a pretty reliable source, but who knows with the D Backs. 

 

 

EDIT: So I guess New Era will still be selling the brick cap (Like the black Reds cap, Purople Rockies cap) even they won't be wearing it, but will not be selling the black alt cap with the tan outline. Fine by me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

So I guess New Era will still be selling the brick cap (Like the black Reds cap, Purople Rockies cap) even they won't be wearing it, but will not be selling the black alt cap with the tan outline. Fine by me. 

Yeah this is an issue for people like us that debate this stuff. There's a nice chunk of caps that still "exist" but are never worn by the team. Add the Marlins red-orange caps to the ones you mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood why the Diamondbacks are so desperate to get away from purple.  It's cool they brought back teal in subtle ways, but they won a damn title with purple and teal.  There's no shortage of teams that wear variations of blue and red, why not embrace what makes you unique?  It's like the Coyotes going to their stupid brick and white scheme.  

 

Stop trying to shovel dirt on top of your own tradition, even if it does radiate 90s a bit.  The Raptors should be ashamed of themselves too.  Red and black are lame as hell.  Stand out, damn you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.