MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

6 minutes ago, soxkrazy said:

They are. Two alternates for the Jays in 2017. The new red cap and the white panel.

Have they announced when or with what jersey they will be wearing the white panel cap?  

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, kevinmets said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned already (I don't recall but not about to dig back 77 pages)...

We are most likely going to see new batting practice caps again this year. I just bought the 2016 authentic Mets bp cap (orange front panel/Mr. Met) for $10 at lids. I asked the cashier why it was so cheap and he confirmed my suspicion.

Yup, I got my brother and I the light blue Rays caps for $10 a piece last week as well.

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Yup, I got my brother and I the light blue Rays caps for $10 a piece last week as well.

Language peeve: "I got my brother and me the light blue Rays caps..."  It's the indirect object of the verb, so the object form is called for; though the reflexive form "myself" would be even better.

(I literally cannot help myself.  Carry on.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

From what I've read, they're added the New Era flag and ditching the NL/AL sublimated logos. So they may not be changing all that much. 

Just now, Bucs007 said:

From what I've read, they're added the New Era flag and ditching the NL/AL sublimated logos. So they may not be changing all that much. 

Though we have heard some designs are changing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

55 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Language peeve: "I got my brother and me the light blue Rays caps..."  It's the indirect object of the verb, so the object form is called for; though the reflexive form "myself" would be even better.

IMG_1962.JPG

VmWIn6B.png

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The easier way to do this is to take out your brother from the sentence to see which is the correct word to use. "I got myself the light blue Rays caps..." is the correct way to say it. "I got I the light blue Rays caps..." is incorrect. By this, you know myself (or if you want to use me) is the correct word to use. When you do this, you can tell which is the correct word to use. 

===

Looking at the Hall of Fame pictures from today, I noticed that the caps have the NE logo on them. I know they have done this in years past but when was it first used?

Go A's!

24 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

The easier way to do this is to take out your brother from the sentence to see which is the correct word to use. "I got myself the light blue Rays caps..." is the correct way to say it. "I got I the light blue Rays caps..." is incorrect. By this, you know myself (or if you want to use me) is the correct word to use. When you do this, you can tell which is the correct word to use. 

===

Looking at the Hall of Fame pictures from today, I noticed that the caps have the NE logo on them. I know they have done this in years past but when was it first used?

At least 2001.

*edit* Upon further research 2001 appears to be the first year they handed out those caps and jerseys. The New Era logo has been on the side every year. Ebbets Field Flannels produces the jerseys.

The Jays have managed to botch baseball perfection in just five years by wearing their blues way too often, extending the Canada Day jerseys to Canada Baseball Day, having hideous and cheesy BP caps that they insist on wearing during the regular season, adding a full-time red alt, and now adding yet another cap to the mix that they're sure to wear at irregular intervals. 

It really was too good to be true, wasn't it?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Ugh no!

Just keeping the logo it's regular colors would have been fine! Why this? That looks like one of those Mothers Day Fathers Day monochromatic one off special occasion things. Geez

What a douche move they've made... This uniform (especially since it's in the regular rotation) needs at least a tad of blue.

Archived