MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, jrodsep said:

Mine too.

*** unpopular opinion alert ***

But I wished some teams had "color rush" type uniforms once in a while. Like full black for the White Sox (with white socks), full yellow the A's, full tomato for the Indians, etc.

*** bracing for full on hate in 3, 2, 1 ***

I've said in this post, years ago now probably, that I like the "softball look" of dark pants in baseball. The white sox should absolutely wear an alternate with black pants and white socks.

Not every team should wear dark pants, but occasionally it can look really really slick.

22 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Who said it isn't allowed?

Colour-over-white on the road has been worn by the Cubs (as already noted), the Padres, the White Sox, the Rangers, and the Astros.

images (1).jpg  bbd324df9a1845f562fd29398d738a1a.jpg   Larry-Parrish.jpg

78507455.jpg

For me the only one of these that worked was the White Sox.  (Though I wish those collars had gone all the way around the neck.)

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

One more:

b0e52ed788fe919c54ccf0bb7040210f.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

New BP caps are supposed to be getting to retailers this month. Be prepared for lots of retro inspired stuff!

One hint: the Mariners are finally going to "tri" something I've wanted them to do for a long time...

2017 Clubhouse hat gives us a sneak peek I think....available at MLB shop/Fanatics.  

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_Seattle_Mariners_Hats/Seattle_Mariners_New_Era_Clubhouse_39THIRTY_Flex_Hat_-_Heathered_Gray_Navy

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What's new about their 2017 caps besides the removal of the NL logo and adding of the New Era logo? 

I haven't heard anything, I'm just assuming it will be a bit different because MLB loves making money on new merchandise. They could recycle the same design as last year for all I know. We'll just have to wait and see.

ClAFLDa.png

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Really like this White Sox cap. Further evidence that we'll see at least one 1917 throwback game this season.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_2661000%2fff_2661086_full.jpg&w=600

First 10,000 fans at The Arrow on July 29th get a free 1917 replica jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Couple of unique logos in there...but interestingly, the Astros shows the logo the team just got rid of? Only difference is it's in the current colors. Bizarre move, if true.

IMG_6493.PNG

Think the theme is throwback logos in current colors. And since they current Astros logo is almost identical to their old that's what they chose. They could have went with the 90s one too I guess.

Here's the Cardinals:

80s-mid 90s logo just without the circle.

St. Louis Cardinals New Era Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex Hat - Heathered Gray/Red

The more I look at these colored jerseys, the more I'm really digging the color rush idea.  This is how I'd think everyone would look best, or at least the best outcome for each.  Some are expressedly for the purpose of looking bad, of course.

Yankees (White) - Red Sox (Navy) - Orioles (Orange) - Blue Jays (Powder) - Rays (Columbia)

White Sox (Black) - Royals (Powder) - Indians (Red) - Twins (Navy) - Tigers (White)

Angels (Red) - Athletics (Yellow) - Rangers (Blue) - Astros (Rainbow) - Mariners (Navy)

Mets (Orange) - Braves (Red) - Nationals (Navy) - Phillies (Maroon) - Marlins (Black)

Cubs (Powder) - Cardinals (White) - Reds (Red) - Brewers (Navy) - Pirates (Yellow)

Dodgers (White) - Giants (Orange) - Padres (Yellow) - Rockies (Purple) - Diamondbacks (Sedona Red)

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Really like this White Sox cap. Further evidence that we'll see at least one 1917 throwback game this season.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_2661000%2fff_2661086_full.jpg&w=600

I wonder what they'll do in two years.  Maybe Shoeless Joe will finally be exonerated.

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Think the theme is throwback logos in current colors.

Huh.  Wonder if they'll just go with the Print or Cap Logo for the Yanks or actually try to throw back?

145387891904.gif 7200.gif 6871521913.gif 7205.gif 6889431947.gif  

spacer.png

spacer.png

I hope those heathered caps are just fashion caps. They look terrible, and I don't understand the point of every team having the same crown color unless it's just a fashion cap.

Furthermore, no need to give the Astros an inferior logo. They finally came to their senses four years ago by going back to the good stuff with a tweak or two here or there. Don't bleep it up.

The Brewers need to decide which way they are going to go.They seem to be going in circles with the MB glove/ball retro logo on a perfectly good current uniform which maybe has run its course.Either go back to the MB glove/ball logo or don't.

1 hour ago, cheo25 said:

I hope those heathered caps are just fashion caps. They look terrible, and I don't understand the point of every team having the same crown color unless it's just a fashion cap.

"Clubhouse" caps have been around for five years or so and always have been fashion caps.  Always in 39thirty form too.  They only started doing throwback/alternate logos last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

"Clubhouse" caps have been around for five years or so and always have been fashion caps.  Always in 39thirty form too.  They only started doing throwback/alternate logos last year.

I can't remember too many interviews seeing players wearing the "Clubhouse" caps after they were first introduced.  

Archived