MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

2 minutes ago, Yac12 said:

I can't remember too many interviews seeing players wearing the "Clubhouse" caps after they were first introduced.  

Yeah, I rarely see them on players. Just on retail websites and stores.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2017 at 3:07 PM, ColeJ said:

Grey roads are one of my favorite parts of baseball aesthetically.

Agreed. It's such a good look. All that said, however, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple teams use a different shade of gray like Arizona has, as well as a team or two using something along the lines of light blue.

On 1/31/2017 at 4:37 PM, jrodsep said:

Mine too.

*** unpopular opinion alert ***

But I wished some teams had "color rush" type uniforms once in a while. Like full black for the White Sox (with white socks), full yellow the A's, full tomato for the Indians, etc.

*** bracing for full on hate in 3, 2, 1 ***

Not sure on the Indians in full on red, but the sooner the all-yellow A's and all-black White Sox happen, the better. I could see the Giants pulling off an all-black uniform as well, and the Marlins in all-blue. Of course, the Marlins should switch out their blue for their original teal and have colored tops and hats for all their major colors: Red-Orange, Teal, Black, and Yellow, with teal, yellow, and possibly red-orange pants.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't mind the Mariners bringing back the trident, but not sure I like it in the current colors.  I have the same feeling of the current logo being used with the old colors for their alternates.  Seems to be doing with the Brewers are doing with trying to please everyone.

5 minutes ago, Bmac said:

The Mariners BP cap looks great in my opinion. The trident in current colors turned out to be pretty cool, and they made the right choice with a teal bill.

Other fun new BP caps include the Cubs and Braves...

How many designs are brand new?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

Not that I don't like the Mariners using the trident, I love the current color mashup. But are we sure the fashion caps correlate witht the bp caps? 

They don't. I mentioned the Mariners bringing back the trident logo on their BP caps, and someone posted the Clubhouse cap as evidence of the logo and what it looks like in current colors. The Clubhouse caps have no correlation to the new BP caps.

1 hour ago, Toronto206 said:

How do we know that the bp caps are based off this? These are fashion caps

IMG_0932.PNG

I like the look of the logo with the colors, but I hope that's not the color scheme they go with for the actual BP.  That's going to fade away to almost nothingness against a navy crown, and the outline is pointless on a teal crown.  I hope they go with the current cap insignia scheme: light silver or even white trident with deal outline on navy.  (Or, of course, navy outline on teal.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

There's quite a few new BP caps this year. Interestingly enough I just found out recently that a few teams have scrapped plans for new BP caps that I saw earlier. KC and Arizona seem to have changed their minds.

Jeez, that scares me. I thought the Royals corrected their style by getting rid of black years ago, and the re-introduction of powder blue has worked and been wildly succesful, but it seems like they're really hellbent on watering down and overusing gold to muddle up a clean look with strong ties to their past. 

Yes, I know yellow/gold has been in their logo this whole time, but blue(s) have always been their bread and butter in regards to their identity.

4 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

The more I look at these colored jerseys, the more I'm really digging the color rush idea.  This is how I'd think everyone would look best, or at least the best outcome for each.  Some are expressedly for the purpose of looking bad, of course.

Yankees (White) - Red Sox (Navy) - Orioles (Orange) - Blue Jays (Powder) - Rays (Columbia)

White Sox (Black) - Royals (Powder) - Indians (Red) - Twins (Navy) - Tigers (White)

Angels (Red) - Athletics (Yellow) - Rangers (Blue) - Astros (Rainbow) - Mariners (Navy)

Mets (Orange) - Braves (Red) - Nationals (Navy) - Phillies (Maroon) - Marlins (Black)

Cubs (Powder) - Cardinals (White) - Reds (Red) - Brewers (Navy) - Pirates (Yellow)

Dodgers (White) - Giants (Orange) - Padres (Yellow) - Rockies (Purple) - Diamondbacks (Sedona Red)

Check this out:

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

The Clubhouse caps have no correlation to the new BP caps.

That may be so, but I still find it interesting that the White Sox Clubhouse hat uses the 1917 logo, and this season will be the 100th anniversary championship team...

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

The Brewers need to decide which way they are going to go.They seem to be going in circles with the MB glove/ball retro logo on a perfectly good current uniform which maybe has run its course.Either go back to the MB glove/ball logo or don't.

I think they should keep the B1G but only for retro nights.  Otherwise I want them to come up with something completely new...in royal/yellow.

2 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

How do we know that the bp caps are based off this? These are fashion caps

IMG_0932.PNG

Fashion hat or not, I hope I'm not the only one who absolutely HATES that heathered look.  I don't know why that's becoming a thing, but it looks awful on hats, sweatshirts, and t-shirts.

LOL @ Brewers needing 3 different training tops/hats. Pick a logo, pick a color scheme and be done with it.

Also, why is San Diego's blue/yellow? I thought they were done with yellow and just going with blue/white/grey this year?

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

The Mariners BP cap looks great in my opinion. The trident in current colors turned out to be pretty cool, and they made the right choice with a teal bill.

Other fun new BP caps include the Cubs and Braves...

What's fun about the Braves cap? Thought they'd stick with the navy blue "little A" cap another year. I've really enjoyed this one and the 1974 inspired white front paneled cap (I believe that one was around for 2 years). I assumed the Clubhouse 39Thirty with the logo meant that the little A was staying put.

Archived