TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Is the Cubs with the front facing angry cub logo

please be tomahawk cap for the braves

The 39thirty version: 

https://www.sportsworldchicago.com/chicago-cubs-spring-training-2017-diamond-era-cooperstown-39thirty-flex-hat-by-new-era/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

33 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Maybe you don't like the tomahawk...and that's fine, I don't either. 

No, it's not that. Atlanta's my home so I definitely have an affinity for the tomahawk, but I think it makes a horrible cap logo. It's very unbalanced and an awkward wide shape. Much prefer some version of the A, whether it's the current one, the throwback lowercase, or even the tomahawk A.

7 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Here's my list. (no white allowed)

Yankees (Navy) - Red Sox (Red) - Orioles (Orange) -  Blue Jays (Blue) - Rays (Yellow)

White Sox (Black) - Royals (Blue) - Indians (Red) - Twins (Navy) - Tigers (Navy)

Angels (Red) - Athletics (Green) - Rangers (Blue) - Astros (Tequila Sunrise) - Mariners (Teal)

Mets (Blue) - Braves (Navy) - Nationals (Red) - Phillies (Maroon) - Marlins (Orange)

Cubs (Blue) - Cardinals (Red) - Reds (Red) - Brewers (Gold) - Pirates (Black)

Dodgers (Blue) - Giants (Orange) - Padres (Brown) - Rockies (Purple) - Diamondbacks (Turquoise)

I don't think even the staunchest of #BringBackTheBrown advocates would argue that the Padres should play a game wearing ALL brown. 

7 hours ago, sirthaddaeus said:

the mariners cap

mariners-st-hat.jpg

Holy crap!  They listened to me... and then travelled months in the past to create it.

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Angels continue to excessively use red, likes it's the only color they have. -_-

It is scary right there.  The only team to not go two-colored.  It's like the way people talk about the Padres, like they worry about even giving the hint of what everybody wants in the case that they'd like it and point out how much better it is than what they've got now.

14 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

I don't think even the staunchest of #BringBackTheBrown advocates would argue that the Padres should play a game wearing ALL brown. 

Honestly, if it weren't for finding out that the old Padres monochromes were yellow, I was originally thinking brown.  I'd actually mocked one up when we were trying to figure out what was coming last year.  I liked the look.

9r6rti.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll give you the explanation for that Braves cap above. As dull as it is, it goes with the all navy alt jersey and in that case it "works". Coloring the tomahawk red or making the bill or crown red would be to pair it with the Braves other jerseys which have more red in them. I don't like the cap but for the jersey it's going to be paired with this is the more cohesive design. Also gotta remember it's a spring training and BP cap where alternate logos are king so the chances of them putting the usual A cap logo were beyond low. 

Marlins will be wearing the Jose Fernandez 16 patch on their chests this season. While we knew something like this was coming it's notable that it will be on the chest because last year when he passed there was a question on how or where they'd fit a patch for Jose along with an ASG patch so I guess we can safely assume the ASG patch will be on the sleeve with Jose over their hearts. 

7 hours ago, raysox said:

I stay out of this thread a lot, so I apologize if it's been leaked. But the Rays alternate spring training cap drops tomorrow and it looks really good.

Haven't heard about it - what does it look like?

1 hour ago, sirthaddaeus said:

a few more leaks

2017-st-caps.jpg

Quick observation - these look to be the non-ST version.  Granted, we can't see all the panels, but you'd think we'd see the ST logos on the right-ear side.

Given the pics in this thread and on the mothership, it appears all teams will be using single-color names and numbers on their spring training jerseys, as opposed to ones which closely resemble what they wear in the regular season. Explains the gray numbers on the Rockies' purple jerseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived