MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread, but I would love to see the cardinals use the red bird-on-bat hat in the normal material for Sunday home games and a red-billed blue hat for every other game home and away.

I know we've been down this road before but I really dislike the cardinals wearing the red hats so much on the road and I think going back to a blue hat with a red bill would be a good balance of color for both the home and road uniform, plus it has some great history behind the look. 

41 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

This should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread, but I would love to see the cardinals use the red bird-on-bat hat in the normal material for Sunday home games and a red-billed blue hat for every other game home and away.

I know we've been down this road before but I really dislike the cardinals wearing the red hats so much on the road and I think going back to a blue hat with a red bill would be a good balance of color for both the home and road uniform, plus it has some great history behind the look. 

I thought red on the road would be awesome, but the navy hat is the better choice with the road unis.  Red hat with bird-on-bat for Thursday home day games wouldn't be bad.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, Matito said:

Semi related, on the topic of retro logos in new colors, New Era has a new-ish line out called "Twist Up" with the same concept. The Rays' caps are just gorgeous.IMG_1210.PNGIMG_1211.PNG

Wow. That should probably never see the field but from a fan perspective those sure are interesting. Now I wanna see more for other teams.

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Wow. That should probably never see the field but from a fan perspective those sure are interesting. Now I wanna see more for other teams.

Some of them are uninspiring, but a few are really nice.

As you could probably tell from my user pic, I like the idea of the late 90s Devil Rays logos with the current colors. I think that would spice up what's kind of a sterile identity.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

The Reds' Twist-Up cap makes me think of the cap of the Chinese national team.

Cincinnati Reds MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap Hats    Image result for china world baseball classic cap

And it's very nice to see the original SD monogram.

San Diego Padres MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap Hats

As I mentioned in the "Rehabilitated Uniforms" thread, the later monograms look cramped. This one breathes.

Still, a simple yellow treatment would be better than this brown-on-yellow-on-orange logo on the brown cap.  

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived