TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

ff_2661615_full.jpg&w=600zh4qv1ui82eemtej8oh988cae.png
I know this is from the Dodgers script but I can't help but think Dynamo when I see this stand-alone D

11 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Perfect!

I've dream of them having this cap, but with a solid navy bill to go with the "Astro navy" alternate jerseys for years. This is just great!

I'm not liking the single color names and numbers. It's basically last years jerseys with all the color and personality sucked out of the backs of the jerseys.

37 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

ff_2661615_full.jpg&w=600zh4qv1ui82eemtej8oh988cae.png
I know this is from the Dodgers script but I can't help but think Dynamo when I see this stand-alone D

I see Tom Selleck in "Mr. Baseball". 

51pjDhf0IVL.jpg

This should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread, but I would love to see the cardinals use the red bird-on-bat hat in the normal material for Sunday home games and a red-billed blue hat for every other game home and away.

I know we've been down this road before but I really dislike the cardinals wearing the red hats so much on the road and I think going back to a blue hat with a red bill would be a good balance of color for both the home and road uniform, plus it has some great history behind the look. 

41 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I see Tom Selleck in "Mr. Baseball". 

51pjDhf0IVL.jpg

Exactly what it reminds me of. It makes me shudder when I think about that awful movie.

41 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

This should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread, but I would love to see the cardinals use the red bird-on-bat hat in the normal material for Sunday home games and a red-billed blue hat for every other game home and away.

I know we've been down this road before but I really dislike the cardinals wearing the red hats so much on the road and I think going back to a blue hat with a red bill would be a good balance of color for both the home and road uniform, plus it has some great history behind the look. 

I thought red on the road would be awesome, but the navy hat is the better choice with the road unis.  Red hat with bird-on-bat for Thursday home day games wouldn't be bad.  

Will these hats ever be sold without the spring training patch on the side? 

16 minutes ago, bowld said:

Will these hats ever be sold without the spring training patch on the side? 

They should be the BP caps for the regular season. I got my cap last year without the spring patch.

Semi related, on the topic of retro logos in new colors, New Era has a new-ish line out called "Twist Up" with the same concept. The Rays' caps are just gorgeous.IMG_1210.PNGIMG_1211.PNG

1 minute ago, Matito said:

Semi related, on the topic of retro logos in new colors, New Era has a new-ish line out called "Twist Up" with the same concept. The Rays' caps are just gorgeous.IMG_1210.PNGIMG_1211.PNG

Wow. That should probably never see the field but from a fan perspective those sure are interesting. Now I wanna see more for other teams.

Arizona Diamondbacks MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap HatsMilwaukee Brewers MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap HatsSan Diego Padres MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap HatsMiami Marlins MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap HatsOakland Athletics MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap HatsNew Era Seattle Mariners Twist Up 59FIFTY Caphwl?set=sku[20874350],c[2],w[100],h[75]&call=url[file:product]

Found these "twist up" caps. There are others and some don't make any sense to me but the concept is basically new logos in old colors or old colors in new logos. Some of these are nice.

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Wow. That should probably never see the field but from a fan perspective those sure are interesting. Now I wanna see more for other teams.

Some of them are uninspiring, but a few are really nice.

As you could probably tell from my user pic, I like the idea of the late 90s Devil Rays logos with the current colors. I think that would spice up what's kind of a sterile identity.

The Brewers and Athletics hats look great.The San Diego one looks like the Giants took it over.

2 hours ago, Bmac said:

2017-MLB-Spring-Training-Caps-Tampa-Bay-590x414.jpg

Wow, this is nice.  Pair it with the Columbia blue Sunday home alts and I'd be fine!

That Marlins "Twist Up" hat would only make sense if it was that logo and the cap was black and teal, not orange. 

EDIT: I just noticed there's a very small image of the hat I described next to the Mariners one. 

The Reds' Twist-Up cap makes me think of the cap of the Chinese national team.

Cincinnati Reds MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap Hats    Image result for china world baseball classic cap

And it's very nice to see the original SD monogram.

San Diego Padres MLB Twist Up 59FIFTY Cap Hats

As I mentioned in the "Rehabilitated Uniforms" thread, the later monograms look cramped. This one breathes.

Still, a simple yellow treatment would be better than this brown-on-yellow-on-orange logo on the brown cap.