Ice Cream Helmets and Other Souvenirs

Gobbi

Is anyone interested in trading any of these?  I started picking some up on ebay as a result of this thread, and figure it might be worth asking.  Some of what I have to trade is shown below - and a mockup of helmets I need will follow:

IceCreamExtras_NL_1.jpg

IceCreamExtra_AL.jpg

Not pictured - but I have both the ball-in-glove Brewers and M-Barley Brewers available for trade.

Needing the following:

IceCreamWantlist_1.png

Postage on one helmet is less than a buck - I've got a perfect box for shipping one at a time.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the NBA you could just grab one of the basketball nets after the game. It all depends on how fast and motivated you are. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

No automatic alt text available.

mini helmets? Cleveland and Pittsburgh have full-sized helmets (it fits on your head!) full of nachos! In Pittsburgh, it had buffalo chicken and all sorts of supreme stuff in it, and everyone around me was aghast at the size and quantity...in Cleveland, they were like "oh, you got the medium. that's cute."

I couldn't finish either of them, that's how many nachos were involved. It was glorious.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

59 minutes ago, hockey week said:

mini helmets? Cleveland and Pittsburgh have full-sized helmets (it fits on your head!) full of nachos! In Pittsburgh, it had buffalo chicken and all sorts of supreme stuff in it, and everyone around me was aghast at the size and quantity...in Cleveland, they were like "oh, you got the medium. that's cute."

I couldn't finish either of them, that's how many nachos were involved. It was glorious.

Reminds me of this:

screen-shot-2016-07-14-at-1-24-24-pm.jpg

Supposedly this is meant for 5-6 people too. 

spacer.png

Since this thread has been revived, I thought I'd follow up my original post to update that I've retroactively bought a couple pucks for NHL games I've been to.

IMG_2308.JPG

I got the Canucks one as a kid in Vancouver around when I saw my first game so I've had that one for a long time but the Flames and Flyers ones are new. I chose this Flames one because the game I saw in 2010 was the battle of Alberta and the Flames wore their throwback alts. They looked fantastic on the ice against the Oilers. The Flyers game I went to in 2015 was Rod Brind'Amour Hall of Fame night so I thought it was pretty awesome to get a puck that commemorates the exact game I was at. 

Now just to find a Rangers one to complete my list so far. I've seen some neat pucks online with images of MSG on them but no luck finding them on eBay. I was awestruck being in MSG for the first time so I want something that captures that feeling rather than just a Rangers logo. 

Edit: I also still need to figure something out for NBA (Knicks) and NFL (Eagles, Chiefs, Seahawks, Jets)

14 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Since this thread has been revived, I thought I'd follow up my original post to update that I've retroactively bought a couple pucks for NHL games I've been to.

IMG_2308.JPG

I got the Canucks one as a kid in Vancouver around when I saw my first game so I've had that one for a long time but the Flames and Flyers ones are new. I chose this Flames one because the game I saw in 2010 was the battle of Alberta and the Flames wore their throwback alts. They looked fantastic on the ice against the Oilers. The Flyers game I went to in 2015 was Rod Brind'Amour Hall of Fame night so I thought it was pretty awesome to get a puck that commemorates the exact game I was at. 

Now just to find a Rangers one to complete my list so far. I've seen some neat pucks online with images of MSG on them but no luck finding them on eBay. I was awestruck being in MSG for the first time so I want something that captures that feeling rather than just a Rangers logo. 

Edit: I also still need to figure something out for NBA (Knicks) and NFL (Eagles, Chiefs, Seahawks, Jets)

I actually have a couple of Devils pucks just like that

AwvgSX4.png

I eat my breakfast out of a 2000-ish Tampa Bay Devil Rays or Anaheim Angels helmet cereal bowl almost daily.

Also, I found about 50 old MLB and NFL Icee cups at my parents' house last weekend. I took a few home with me.

11 hours ago, hockey week said:

mini helmets? Cleveland and Pittsburgh have full-sized helmets (it fits on your head!) full of nachos! 

Minnesota has those, too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 21.09.2016 at 5:12 PM, chcarlson23 said:

This may be a little off topic, but I've never understood how to cheer at a basketball game

You need to visit Central and Eastern Europe to see how you can cheer at a basketball game :)

12 hours ago, hockey week said:

I like that, I understand that after eating you can keep a helmet and take it to the home. Am I right?

4r2eer.png

On 2/24/2017 at 11:18 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Is anyone interested in trading any of these?  I started picking some up on ebay as a result of this thread, and figure it might be worth asking.  Some of what I have to trade is shown below - and a mockup of helmets I need will follow:

IceCreamExtras_NL_1.jpg

IceCreamExtra_AL.jpg

Not pictured - but I have both the ball-in-glove Brewers and M-Barley Brewers available for trade.

Needing the following:

IceCreamWantlist_1.png

Postage on one helmet is less than a buck - I've got a perfect box for shipping one at a time.

I have full-size versions of the teal-billed Mariners, the black Mets, the maroon Phillies, and the Chief Wahoo Indians. I also have purple-billed full-size versions of the white Diamondbacks and the black Devil Rays, and a red-billed full-sized version of the "CA" Angels. I think I may have a sundae-sized version of the navy Brewers with the green-and-gold M as well.

15 hours ago, pepis21 said:

You need to visit Central and Eastern Europe to see how you can cheer at a basketball game :)

I like that, I understand that after eating you can keep a helmet and take it to the home. Am I right?

Yup. It's thin plastic like the mini helmets, you're definitely not using this to play - but it could definitely be used for a hat if you wanted. I use mine for popcorn bowls now, they're ideally-sized for it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 1 month later...

On 9/18/2016 at 0:17 PM, Gobbi said:

I love that Petco Park had the brown ice cream helmet. I specifically asked for one of those over the navy ones since the Padres were wearing their brown and yellow alternates for the game I went to. 

A few teams are starting to come out with different versions of the ice cream helmet. Braves have a red and blue version, Dodgers started having a pink helmet, Padres blue and brown, ect.  Good luck on the collection.  Many minor leagues have then but not all. They aren't even based on size.  Las Vegas, Triple A doesn't do them but Eugene short season A has them.  When I went to the Asheville Tourists game, the ice cream lady said, "why would we sell those, we are Braves fans", which is single A team for the rockies.  You can even find some colleges having them. For instance I have one from USC, but they only had it one day as a promotion.  I started collection them when I started taking more road trips to stadiums and wanted to collect something other than my ticket (which all end up in a book).  My friend collected bobble heads but at one point they got expensive and hard to display unless you have a collectors room, but who wants to display teams you hate just because you went there?  Same thing with getting a t-shirt.  The helmets are awesome because they are cheap, stackable, and you get ice cream!  I don't have a photo of the 30 plus helmets I've earned, with sit ups after the ice cream, but I stack mine in order of what I thought of the stadium or experiences I had there.  Will make a shadow box when I finish my stadium tour.

As for the rest of the sports, I think the only thing you'll find that are universal are soda cups.  Most stadiums I have found carry them, and will also change them if you go to a special game like an All Star Game or World Series.  I just got one from the World Baseball Classic Final, but they didn't make their own ice cream helmet just had the Dodgers.  

As a random note... when you make it to Miller Park in Milwaukee, you will not find an ice cream helmet nor will they make an exception if you try to ask to put in ice cream into their helmets.  They fill them with Cheese Curds. When in Rome I guess... 

7 hours ago, Fanboy said:

A few teams are starting to come out with different versions of the ice cream helmet. Braves have a red and blue version, Dodgers started having a pink helmet, Padres blue and brown, ect.  Good luck on the collection.  Many minor leagues have then but not all. They aren't even based on size.  Las Vegas, Triple A doesn't do them but Eugene short season A has them.  When I went to the Asheville Tourists game, the ice cream lady said, "why would we sell those, we are Braves fans", which is single A team for the rockies.  You can even find some colleges having them. For instance I have one from USC, but they only had it one day as a promotion.  I started collection them when I started taking more road trips to stadiums and wanted to collect something other than my ticket (which all end up in a book).  My friend collected bobble heads but at one point they got expensive and hard to display unless you have a collectors room, but who wants to display teams you hate just because you went there?  Same thing with getting a t-shirt.  The helmets are awesome because they are cheap, stackable, and you get ice cream!  I don't have a photo of the 30 plus helmets I've earned, with sit ups after the ice cream, but I stack mine in order of what I thought of the stadium or experiences I had there.  Will make a shadow box when I finish my stadium tour.

As for the rest of the sports, I think the only thing you'll find that are universal are soda cups.  Most stadiums I have found carry them, and will also change them if you go to a special game like an All Star Game or World Series.  I just got one from the World Baseball Classic Final, but they didn't make their own ice cream helmet just had the Dodgers.  

As a random note... when you make it to Miller Park in Milwaukee, you will not find an ice cream helmet nor will they make an exception if you try to ask to put in ice cream into their helmets.  They fill them with Cheese Curds. When in Rome I guess... 

Happy to hear more teams are getting alternate ones. That puts a fun little extra spin on it. 

Cheese curds hey? Interesting. Well at least I know to expect it now!

Archived