Adidas NHL Jersey Concepts

Teemu Savolainen

3 hours ago, CodeG said:

Also since these are Addidas they should have the triple stripes under the arms

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

They do, its just a lot mote of a subtle color on each jersey.

Oh ok now I see, thanks. I guess I was expecting something less subtle like the MLS jerseys

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/10/2016 at 4:14 PM, CodeG said:

These all look really cool, but honestly they almost all have the same hem striping and arm striping, just with different color. 

Ducks: probably my favorite one you made, the *ucks don't have a good marketing jersey (especially since they don't use the weird triangle much) but I like the new logo and the additive of the orange

Coyotes: have the worst jersey in real life, just boring and terrible. Yours is probably the best concept I've seen of them yet. I like the new logo. my only critique is the hem/arm striping, you use the same striping on half of these jerseys and it gets old. And when your team is in the worst market they need good jerseys. My opinion, he striping should have a najaho/tribal pattern on them

Bruins: I'm not a hockey nut, so I don't know a lot about their jerseys. But the Bruins are classic #StayClassic 

Sabres: they have one of the weakest jerseys in real life. I like the colors, they match well. But I'm not feeling the Buffalo Bill-Sabres logo. Using it would be like Dallas teams all having a star on their logo. It only works for Dallas

Flames: really good, I like the striping. But the red hem stripe on the road is useless. I think they should have a pure white alternate #WhiteFlames

Hurricanes: honestly, I didn't give them a second glance, this is my least favorite jersey you made. 1 You used the same hem/arm/waist striping that I already mentioned you used to much. 2 the logo is... It's not iconic, I really like their current logos (the hurricane and the storm flags) it would look better if you somehow used the storm flags on the jersey. That's all I can say

Blackhawks: #StayClassic

Avalanche: I'm not sure how I critique this? I love the color template of the team, the striping is really good. But idk something just seems off

Carolina.... Wait this is Columbus!: that logo looks exactly the same of the one you made for Carolina (Though I like Columbus' way better) so get rid of one cause only baseball is able to do the same letter on multiple logos. Other than that it's really good. The striping could be a bit differently and again the road hem is useless. I think he hem should be longer (like a yoke) 

thanks for reading all my random useless rants, 

Thanks for finding time to analyze the designs that I've made. And good points you got there!

As for that overall criticism for those repetive striping patterns, you're right ofcouse, they are pretty much the same with a little variaitions. One problem is ofcourse that I use the exact same template for all of the teams. I think Adidas will actually make few basic template design for the teams to choose from. Maybe I'll create another template to give the teams more personality...

For the Coyotes that idea for that tribal pattern is a good one. If I do return to it, I might make those changes.

You have a point of that Carolina logo. Now I personaly don't like their current ones at all, bu you're right that my design are far from finished.

Blog_v01.jpg

DETROIT RED WINGS

I’ve always admired Red Wings’ jersey design – simple red and white. A while ago Red Wings represented a special jersey for a Stadium Series that had maybe one the coolest logo I’ve ever seen! That speedy and winged D is just awesome! It’s fantastic to see how you can add historical depht and tradition while at the same time having a modern touch in it. So yeah, I just had to use that D on the road jersey that turned out to be one my favourites.

Detroit_RedWings_Home.jpgDetroit_RedWings_Road.jpg

Blog_v01.jpg

FLORIDA PANTHERS

Okey, Panthers redesigned their identity with new logos and jerseys for this season already. I’ve got nothing bad to say about that, great new logos and the new jerseys are ok, simple and solid design that works just fine. Altough I liked that previous jersey design more. Especially that home jersey had great color combination on red, dark blue and gold. So I went with that. You could say my design is a kind of a hybrid of new and old.

Florida_Panthers_Home.jpgFlorida_Panthers_Road.jpg

Blog_v01.jpg

LOS ANGELES KINGS

Like I’ve mentioned earlier, I’m a big fan of those Stadium Series jersey designs that have a more contemporary feeling while that Winter Classic Series have more nostalgic designs. One of the greatest jerseys of those were the Sharks and Kings jerseys a while back.

The inspiration for Kings’ uniforms came from that. The idea of a jerseys with two tones was a refresing one and I really liked how these turned out!

LA_Kings_Home.jpgLA_Kings_Road.jpg

Blog_v01.jpg

MINNESOTA WILD

The Hockey State’s NHL franchise has one the best home jerseys in the league. The colors and shoulder striping has some real classy. That’s why I’ve always wanted to see some constistency in the road uniform as well. So the only changes I’ve made for the Wild’s are the road jersey that now are more in line with the home one.

Minnesota_Wild_Home.jpgMinnesota_Wild_Road.jpg

Blog_v01.jpg

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Le Habs has a strong and solid design. Though I’m not the fan of their white jersey. The red and blue stripes are too thin comparing to the home jersey. Also I’d think the uniforms should be more alike in their basic design, you know, having the stripes in the same places. So the only changes I made was for the road jersey and tuning it up a bit.

Montreal_Canadiens_Home.jpgMontreal_Canadiens_Road.jpg

Blog_v01.jpg

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

The Predators uniform and logo used to be one the worst in league. There was just everything wrong with them. But when they updated their identity it turn out a lot better, at least jersey-wise. The logo is still quite horrible. So I didn’t do much changes for the uniform but redesigned their logo. Now the Sabertooth cat, or Smilodon, has a more balanced proroportions and actually has a lower jaw now.

Nashville_Predators_Home.jpgNashville_Predators_Road.jpg

Blog_v01.jpg

Every one of these is awesome! My only nitpicks are...

Florida - Keep the chest stripe, imo. It gives them more of an identity than the bland arm striping you stuck them with.

Los Angeles - Not a fan of the half-and-half theme. It's unique, but I don't think it would look good on the ice.

Minnesota - The start is solid, but I think they could use some hem stripes.

Montreal - I'd slap a chest stripe on the away too. It makes the home and away work better together.

Nashville - I love the logo and I love the jerseys, All around upgrade!

Aside from those little problems, the whole project is still great!

Oh god, stop! In the name of all that is good in this world, stop this heinous crime against hockey sweaters! Not because your concepts aren't good, well put-together, professionally presented, or realistic, because they are, but stop because Adidas could actually do all of these terrible things and you shouldn't be giving them ideas! Oh the humanity! Once I saw the Canadiens, I could no longer hold my peace. No more...no more of this nightmare...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Woo, another bunch of jerseys to critique (if you don't mind) 

Dallas: keeping it the same is good, the Stars have one of the best if not the best jerseys in NHL

Detroit: I always viewed the old English D as an alternate logo so I'm not sure how I feel about it being used on the away jersey...

Edmonton: good as always, tho I would prefer the Oil stripes would also be on the stomach instead of only the arms

Florida: I agree with Zues^^ they need the chest stripes like real life. I like the overall design of the jersey tho

LA Queens: I like the idea, but I'm not sure how the away jersey would look on ice. Maybe keep the home 2-tone but make the away just 1 color

Wild: it's hard not to go wrong with the hockey states jerseys. And you did a great job on these, gotta love non-white road jerseys

Montreal: chest stripes on road #StayClassic

Preds: by far the best design out of all of these. I'm not sure about the logo, it doesn't scream "run-away imma hungrey predatooooor" but it meshes well with this design

i cant wait to see what you do with my sharks 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Really enjoying this series, I've been working on my own along the same lines. I think you've been really creative within the limits of the Adidas template and I applaud you for the new logos. The LA Kings design is a lot better than I would have guessed.

The new Preds logo isn't bad, but I see it as a downgrade. It's a logo that could be recolored to fit any big cat team. It no longer feels like a sabre-toothed cat. Also not a fan of single shoulder patches or ditching the number strings.

On top of the issues I have with the template, in general, this is a hard pass from this fan.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I really like that Preds logo! It looks like the direction NHL logos are headed in.

I know it's a really common refrain on these boards to love every other team in a series but nitpick on your own team, but that's how I feel. I love the presentation on these, love the template, I think you're doing a wonderful job, but other than in the series where the intent is to start from scratch, I am always loath to see changes made to the Canadiens' sweaters. The striping going to the back on the home is so important, as is the hem striping on the away. 

Everything is clean, but boring. The striping is too repetitive and cut off on just about all jerseys. I know you're trying to keep to a template, but it wouldn't be the same for all teams. Look at some college teams outfitted by Adidas...there are quite a few with stripes all the way around the jersey hem.

You also have single color numbers and lettering for every team. No outlines at all, so it looks even more templated. If there are outlines, they're too thin to see.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On 10/4/2016 at 5:43 AM, Teemu Savolainen said:

LA_Kings_Road.jpg

I'm trying to think of a more polite way to say "Kill it with fire..."

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived