1982 MLB caps

MG helmets

I was 10 years old in 1982 and really loved baseball. I collected every baseball card I could get, and sat and drew these caps and logos all the time. Just because I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to waste a little time today, I made this graphic with all the caps from 1982 together. I loved how colorful they used to be. No MLB logo on the back, no crazy material or commemorative patches, just good looking caps. This serves no purpose other than to see all the 1982 caps together. Enjoy, or not.

1982-caps.jpg

Weren't they wearing Wahoo in '82?  My memory must be fuzzy. 

And I'll disagree ever-so-slightly; I never liked that Sox cap.  Or their logo.  Even as a kid, it looked to me like a guy escaped from a restroom sign.  They're the only team wearing a clear upgrade now. 

Not a fan of the White Sox cap either (or that entire identity, for that matter), and I've never liked the Padres' brown-yellow-orange combo (though I love the simply brown and yellow... the orange just kills it for me), but other than those two, they look great.

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Gothamite said:

Weren't they wearing Wahoo in '82?  My memory must be fuzzy. 

And I'll disagree ever-so-slightly; I never liked that Sox cap.  Or their logo.  Even as a kid, it looked to me like a guy escaped from a restroom sign.  They're the only team wearing a clear upgrade now. 

No. This was when they had the blue and red pullovers. He moved back onto the caps in 1985 I believe. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived