NHL Color Rush // A Brass Project

Brass

MitaAnd.png

For the 2016-17 season, the National Hockey League has launched their NHL Color Rush promotion, in partnership with Reebok. All 30 teams will take part in this league-wide initiative. Teams will be unveiled throughout the next few weeks. Teams will combine elements of past, present, and future, to present their identities in a way to spotlight particular colors that make each team pop.

============================================================

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

Boston | Buffalo | Detroit | Florida | Montreal | Ottawa | Tampa Bay | Toronto

Metropolitan Division

Carolina | Columbus | New Jersey | NY Islanders | NY Rangers | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | Washington

Western Conference

Central Division

Chicago | Colorado | Dallas | Minnesota | Nashville | St. Louis | Winnipeg

Pacific Division

Anaheim | Arizona | Calgary | Edmonton | Los Angeles | San Jose | Vancouver

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I agree, the triangle should either be white, or eliminated.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The triangle is gold because it represents the golden triangle of Pittsburgh, the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela to form the Ohio river

xi07.jpg

And it's ALWAYS gold!

?format=750w

I say you need hemline stripes, but otherwise it's a good start to the series!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

To be honest, I'm not going to be adding hemstripes to the Color Rush series. As someone who is a hockey sweater traditionalist, I thought hemstripes really took away something from the color in this project. With that said, adding Montreal.

1KHNBTA.png

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

White pants, I mean I get that you probably can't have this NHL colour rush concept series without it, but still, white pants. *shudder* (not a genuine criticism)

That being said, white pants with a monochrome white get-up might not actually look THAT terrible on ice. It looks very strange when combined with dark jerseys.

I would prefer the Habs front/back stripes to go all the way around the entire jersey.

This is really cool, looking forward to seeing the rest.

21 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Add a white outline to the numbers on the back and Detroit is perfect

I actually think black might work better, but yeah. Like the triangle on Pittsburgh, your design is getting muddled, a bit, when better outlining would really make the elements pop.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I actually think black might work better, but yeah. Like the triangle on Pittsburgh, your design is getting muddled, a bit, when better outlining would really make the elements pop.

There's no black anywhere in the Detroit uniforms or color scheme. Why would that make any sense to add into the numbers? White is the way to go in this case.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

17 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

There's no black anywhere in the Detroit uniforms or color scheme. Why would that make any sense to add into the numbers? White is the way to go in this case.

I get your argument, but teams that limit themselves to only the "official" colors, religiously, are laughable. If your color scheme is anything and white, using black, sparingly, to add to the design, is totally fine. If you can make it work without, great, but there's no harm in it.

Conversely, you have teams that force every color into the jersey. It's fine to have a minor logo color not represented.

Archived