XenonDesigns

USWPL - US Women's Premier League (2/10)

I was thinking of a little project I could do in my free time and came up with this, the USWPL. I haven't really seen any women's concepts on here so I thought it'd be a cool thread. There are 10 teams so far, situated throughout the US. 

First up, Les Royales de Montreal

MONTREAL.png

C&C is appreciated and I'll also take into consideration some suggestions for teams.

1. great to see a women's soccer league concept

2. what are the cities you have chosen so far?

3. maybe try to do something different for montreal, it looks like the girl version of the impact i like the name but maybe use a more real like version of the montreal flag, and incorporate colors other than blue and white

4. maybe check if the name you have picked translates right, cause currently it means "Royals(feminine) from Montreal" if thats what you want fine, just letting you know

First off, as a girl who played soccer, I think it's pretty neat you choose to do a concept for women's teams (Although the shape of the jersey is kind of putting me off, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a woman with that body shape :P )

Secondly, that sublimated fleur-de-lis is genius. I love both of the kits.

Personally I'm a fan of the blue and white. I wouldn't change anything but that's up to you.

Can't wait to see more of this!

2 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

1. great to see a women's soccer league concept

2. what are the cities you have chosen so far?

3. maybe try to do something different for montreal, it looks like the girl version of the impact i like the name but maybe use a more real like version of the montreal flag, and incorporate colors other than blue and white

4. maybe check if the name you have picked translates right, cause currently it means "Royals(feminine) from Montreal" if thats what you want fine, just letting you know

The cities I have so far is Boston, NYC, Miami, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago and Toronto plus 1 more that I don't know yet. Looking back now, I should've just named it the UWPL or something because I forgot Canada isn't part of the US lol. As for Montreal I was thinking about using either the city flag or Quebec flag and I thought the Quebec flag would look better but I do see the similarity to the impact. I guess the name is fine, I take French in school but I don think know too many grammatical things.

9 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

First off, as a girl who played soccer, I think it's pretty neat you choose to do a concept for women's teams (Although the shape of the jersey is kind of putting me off, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a woman with that body shape :P )

Secondly, that sublimated fleur-de-lis is genius. I love both of the kits.

Personally I'm a fan of the blue and white. I wouldn't change anything but that's up to you.

Can't wait to see more of this!

Yea the shape was kinda hard to get down and I was just trying to make a clear distinction between the men's and women's kit but I can see how the anatomy is off haha

1 minute ago, XenonDesigns said:

Yea the shape was kinda hard to get down and I was just trying to make a clear distinction between the men's and women's kit but I can see how the anatomy is off hah

No problem. I figured that's what you were trying to do, I just think that the curve or what not needs to be lower if you were gong for accuracy. As long as the kits look good, I don't really care :P 

I suggest modifying the badge so that the arch on the top matches the arch on the bottom. Also, arch the Royales text to match the curve of the badge and eliminate the empty white space.

My bad didn't even realize it was the Quebec flag, if you keep the Quebec flag you could make the name more inclusive to all of Quebec 

10 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

I was thinking of a little project I could do in my free time and came up with this, the USWPL. I haven't really seen any women's concepts on here so I thought it'd be a cool thread. There are 10 teams so far, situated throughout the US. 

First up, Les Royales de Montreal

MONTREAL.png

C&C is appreciated and I'll also take into consideration some suggestions for teams.

um... ok.

nah im just playin.

montreal looks nice, never a fan of gradients on jerseys, but i think you pulled it off! 

cant wait to see the rest!

The name is grammatically accurate, for the record; in French, you phrase the team name as "X de place." Though you want an accent-aigu: Montréal. 

Agree with others on making the shape of the jersey accurate. Overall, this is a solid concept. You sold me on a gradient, and that's hard to do.

Miami

Nothing too special for the Freedom. I was originally gonna try and use Freedom Tower in the logo somewhere but it wasn't working out so I decided to use some stripes and make up the symbolism that they represent the tower or something.

MIAMAI.png

Thanks for the C&C on the Montreal. For the next team I'm gonna try and make the shorts shorter like they are in real life. I don't know how I missed that detail. 

I would try to include some white in the logo, maybe the area that is around the text you could make that white and then maybe make the ball white and green

The shades of green and orange you are using are causing some vibration. Adding some white could eliminate that.

Xenon always making good concepts. And, always good to see Aggie12 here! O/