Sign in to follow this  
hettinger_rl

San Jose Barracuda Concept

Recommended Posts

I get that they San Jose Barracuda are sponsered by Barracuda and they worked their logo around the company logo, but was it worth it? The logo looks like a pile of fish parts. So using some style cues from the Sharks logos I put this together. Let me know what you think.

 

Barracuda3x.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like it, nice balance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good logo, I just wish it was breaking a hockey stick.

 

In all seriousness, though, I'd need to see a jersey to decide how I feel. Not bad, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Good logo, I just wish it was breaking a hockey stick.

 

In all seriousness, though, I'd need to see a jersey to decide how I feel. Not bad, though.

I added it to their current look:

 

JerseyHomeWM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm...while I think it' a good logo, I think I would put it in a category with the Panthers old primary: good logo, a little detailed for my taste, on a jersey. Still good offering. The jersey could use a hem, though. (not your design, I know, just saying)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed^, some of the details get muddled on stuff like that jersey application. I'd simplify it a little bit but overall great start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Hmm...while I think it' a good logo, I think I would put it in a category with the Panthers old primary: good logo, a little detailed for my taste, on a jersey. Still good offering. The jersey could use a hem, though. (not your design, I know, just saying)

 

8 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Agreed^, some of the details get muddled on stuff like that jersey application. I'd simplify it a little bit but overall great start.

More detailed or muddled than this?

 

2614_san_jose_barracuda_-home-2016.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

 

More detailed or muddled than this?

 

2614_san_jose_barracuda_-home-2016.png

Well, I wasn't directly comparing the two. Your version is definitely better, just offering my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Well, I wasn't directly comparing the two. Your version is definitely better, just offering my thoughts.

I can accept that. I was trying to improve on their current look. Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, this is a nice update, but the two shades of teal are a little distracting for a sports logo. Maybe swapping the lighter shade with grey like the Barracuda logo or black like the Sharks logo could improve it.  (This is only because of the mockup it's on. If you're going for a double teal scheme, go right ahead.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this