martymcfry

I've taken another long break from concepts, so consider this my return. I've decided on a redesign of the Pac-12. I've completed all 12 teams before I started this thread, and I will release one every four days. I am going in a completely random order. Here are the release dates:

9/29 (Today): Oregon

10/3: Arizona

10/7: Stanford

10/11: Cal

10/15: Arizona State

10/19: Washington State

10/23: UCLA

10/27: Washington

10/31: USC

11/4: Oregon State

11/8: Utah

11/12: Colorado

Starting with Oregon.

Oregon Ducks

• Oregon gets some consistency in this set
  • I love the "O" on the helmet, so that returns full time.
  • Only (only?) six helmets, six jerseys, and six pants.
  • The Duck is on the sleeves, and the shoulders have a modified wing pattern.
  • The shoulder wings are supposed to be reflective, like this

Hit me up with C&C!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reaction to Oregon seems good, so let's move on to Arizona.  Arizona Wildcats

• I've done a very similar concept before. The Wildcats used to use this stripe in their identity, but they dropped it in favor of a gradient-infested set. I personally love the double stripe, so it replaces the gradient.
  • The Tuscon Bold font returns.
  • Three helmets, jerseys, and pants. They could mix and match these however they want.

Let's get some more C&C for this one!

EDITS:

• Nameplate colors changed to match jersey numbers.
  • Helmet stripe on back view fixed.

Both concepts look great! I love the simplicity of both sets, it's refreshing from the gimmicks the Ducks put out now. The only thing I would add to the Oregon set is fighting on the other side of the pants.

OREGONGRENN2_zps3azgivog.jpg

Arizona: I like it. The removal of the gradient in favor of stripes is great and I like the pants stripes those look great and they match the helmet stripes which is a nice touch.

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

- Wow, great work on Oregon, nice way to keep the wings and continue to use black, grey (Unofficial football colors lol) but it all looks tied together which is key.

- And fantastic job on Arizona, Im personal friends with Rich Rods son Rhett, and it sounds like new unis are in store for next season so I hope they are along the lines of what you came up with!

a2BRS8U.png

21 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

The stripes on the back of Arizona's helmet need to be flipped to match the front. But other than that, great job. I usually have a real aversion to red helmets with red facemasks but not here. 

Good catch, that will be updated. Thanks for the comment.

21 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Both concepts look great! I love the simplicity of both sets, it's refreshing from the gimmicks the Ducks put out now. The only thing I would add to the Oregon set is fighting on the other side of the pants.

OREGONGRENN2_zps3azgivog.jpg

Arizona: I like it. The removal of the gradient in favor of stripes is great and I like the pants stripes those look great and they match the helmet stripes which is a nice touch.

Yep, "Fighting" is on the right side of the pants. The template doesn't have a view of that side though.

19 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

The only thing I would change is white numbers on home, and make the nameplates match number colors for all sets. Besides that, this is exactly what the school down South needs to return to!

I can do the nameplates easily, but I prefer the red numbers here. I was originally going to go with white, but the red adds some flavor to the jersey.

18 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Bless you for returning Arizona to their good look. 

16 hours ago, benpc21 said:

Solid work so far! Both teams look better than they currently do, IMO. Looking forward to the rest of this series, especially WSU and UW.

Thanks for the comments!

16 hours ago, H11K said:

- Wow, great work on Oregon, nice way to keep the wings and continue to use black, grey (Unofficial football colors lol) but it all looks tied together which is key.

- And fantastic job on Arizona, Im personal friends with Rich Rods son Rhett, and it sounds like new unis are in store for next season so I hope they are along the lines of what you came up with!

Interesting note there on next season. Hopefully they don't blow this one too.

EDIT: The concept has been updated in the OP.

21 hours ago, MCH925 said:

The reaction to Oregon seems good, so let's move on to Arizona. Arizona Wildcats

• I've done a very similar concept before. The Wildcats used to use this stripe in their identity, but they dropped it in favor of a gradient-infested set. I personally love the double stripe, so it replaces the gradient.
  • The Tuscon Bold font returns.
  • Three helmets, jerseys, and pants. They could mix and match these however they want.

Let's get some more C&C for this one!

Beautiful looking set! Classy all around. Minor nit is the blue NOB on the third jersey. Hard to read, I'd go white with that.

Oregon looks great too. Sure wish they'd settle down on a look like yours. All these ridiculous uniforms they trot out every year is a little much.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

What about basing the Stanford set on the Plunkett-era uniforms of the early 70s? Would be simple and dignified but have some striping and not look as much like Wisconsin or Nebraska.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVveJovtXw1AAdisnnIlQ?p=jim+plunkett+stanford&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

On 10/9/2016 at 8:15 AM, scottyeagle said:

Maybe keeping a single stripe on the pants and helmet can help create a little difference between Stanford and Wisconsin. 

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

What about basing the Stanford set on the Plunkett-era uniforms of the early 70s? Would be simple and dignified but have some striping and not look as much like Wisconsin or Nebraska.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVveJovtXw1AAdisnnIlQ?p=jim+plunkett+stanford&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

I like these ideas. An update will be coming later today.

Archived