martymcfry

On 10/27/2016 at 5:39 PM, Steelman said:

Like that WSU set a lot. I don't really have any nitpicks on it.

Definitely not where I thought you'd go with UCLA other than the Clarendon. Not totally disappointed per se, but not sure about it. I think the home and away sets could benefit from thicker outlines on the jersey numbers. I'd consider bringing back one of their shadowed number looks to better incorporate the navy third color. The NOB looks awfully tiny compared to the numbers, especially in comparison to your WSU set. I can see where you were going with the pant stripes but I just don't think it works, especially on the home set with the navy outward stripes. Looks too jumbled IMO. Overall I don't think this one is as strong as your other sets. It's a good start but it's not quite there yet. I may be in the minority, but that's how it struck me. I like the socks though, they're pretty snazzy.

I have family ties to U-Dub, been to tons of Huskies games over the years (Gramps had nice season tickets) so this was what I was most looking forward to. Now here I like the inclusion of the pant stripes, except I think you should put 'em on all of 'em for consistency. The arched double stripes are a nice touch, I went to several games in '02 so that's a good memory spark; I think I was at the Oregon State game that year. The away numbers are a different weight than the others. Again the NOB feels too small. For my personal taste the purple is a little too blue (I know that's what they're going with these days) and the gold is a tad on the light side, but it does look modern and sharp. I really like the choice of ditching the black though, this is a much more refined and classic look for a university football program with plenty of rich history.

As I always say, trash can is near, but hopefully some of the C&C is helpful. Keep it up, I really enjoy your work.

Yeah the outlines could be thicker. I'm honestly not a fan of drop shadows, it's too 90's for me. 

I guess the pant stripes are debatable. I didn't realize they don't have them right now

And the NOB is small because that was how the template is made. I could enlarge it I guess. I didn't make the template.

I'll keep working on the Bruins. Here's their crosstown rival, USC.

USC Trojans

If if ain't broke, don't fix it. Simple enough.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2016 at 10:14 AM, scottyeagle said:

Helmet stripes look a little big for Oregon State, but that may just be a matter of personal taste.  Everything else looks good though (love the orange pants) 

I thought that might be an issue. It seems to me like they've shrinked the stripe recently. That can definitely be changed.

9 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

For OSU, the stripes on the orange jersey should be black-white-black so that it is consistent with the other two jerseys.

That is what you would think, however, that's not what they currently do.

Sorry this is a day late. The forum was down when I checked yesterday evening and...well...the election...so...

Quick update for Oregon State:

Lj9M7n5.png

• Helmet stripes thinned out. It looks a lot better now.

Utah's up next.

QfmjVfZ.png

I am a really big fan of Utah's throwback. I set out to modernize it slightly with updated logos and numbers. The red helmet becomes the primary helmet however. The white helmet is eliminated completely. Honestly I wanted to just keep it at red and white, but I decided to throw in a blackout set because, really, blackout night at Rice-Eccles is fantastic B).

5 hours ago, MCH925 said:

Sorry this is a day late. The forum was down when I checked yesterday evening and...well...the election...so...

Quick update for Oregon State:

Lj9M7n5.png

• Helmet stripes thinned out. It looks a lot better now.

Utah's up next.

QfmjVfZ.png

I am a really big fan of Utah's throwback. I set out to modernize it slightly with updated logos and numbers. The red helmet becomes the primary helmet however. The white helmet is eliminated completely. Honestly I wanted to just keep it at red and white, but I decided to throw in a blackout set because, really, blackout night at Rice-Eccles is fantastic B).

Make the stripes match color on black set and you have a winner.

Two days late again here, but let's wrap up the series with a Utah update and Colorado.

2ESaO52.png

• Changed the stripe on the black sleeves to red.

Colorado Buffaloes

• This is a combination of their old set and the new. The Northwest stripes return to the sleeves, and the TV numbers are moved to the shoulders.

Thanks for all the C&C everyone! And thus ends my first fully completed series.

19 hours ago, MCH925 said:

Two days late again here, but let's wrap up the series with a Utah update and Colorado.

2ESaO52.png

• Changed the stripe on the black sleeves to red.

Colorado Buffaloes

• This is a combination of their old set and the new. The Northwest stripes return to the sleeves, and the TV numbers are moved to the shoulders.

Thanks for all the C&C everyone! And thus ends my first fully completed series.

I don't have too many complaints about Colorado; as a whole it looks very clean.  However, NOB readability is definitely an issue.  I would recolor them to match the color of the numbers 

I'd been waiting for UW to show up then got so tied up with work I haven't been on the boards in a few weeks. Overall, this is a great series, very well put together. You tend to have a "classic" look to things which I appreciate while still managing to keep things modern. Colorado is simple but effective, love it. I think the Utah is my least favorite so far, but I will say, I do enjoy their current set with the mountain shoulder caps. Not a bad design on your end, just less of a fan of the throwbacks for Utah. Oregon State falls into the Wazzu category for me and that I really love their colors and execution. I think the orange jersey could benefit from a little gold around the numbers. I think that makes their current alternate pop and would look good on yours as well.

And finally UW. Job well done, sir. While I don't completely agree that black has no place in Seattle, I don't think it has a place in the home or road uniforms, but makes an good alternate uniform, IMO. Especially with the gold helmet. The combo of purple, gold and white work so well together, the black doesn't need to muddy things up for the regular set. I like the mixing of eras with the 2002 stripes. I think that's a solid look and I'm often baffled when people from the area don't like it. Yes it was a modern style uniform but we really had pretty plain, almost Stanford-esque uniforms for years. The addition of pant strips is a plus, although I'd like to see them across the set and added to the purple pants. Again, great work and would love to see UW adopt something like this.  

SEAsig.png

• 5 months later...

I like my Wildcats ones, it looks like an updated version of the Desert Swarm era unis. Only thing is that I would remove the helmet stripes from the navy & red helmets. Those are really nice though. The gradient is played out & our fans are starting to hate them. We're getting new uniforms this upcoming season, so I'm anxious to see what they're gonna look like.

Archived