Recommended Posts

Looking forward to it, especially after your Oregon and Arizona concepts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update to Stanford:

Stanford cardinal

  • The only change was the double-stripe identity was changed to a single-stripe.

Does this separate them from Wisconsin enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MCH925 said:

Here's an update to Stanford:

Stanford cardinal

  • The only change was the double-stripe identity was changed to a single-stripe.

Does this separate them from Wisconsin enough?

 

I think the major challenge is separating Stanford/Oklahoma/Indiana/Alabama/Arkansas/Mississippi State. 

 

Wisconsin really only needs to be differentiated from Nebraska. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for Cal.

Cal Golden Bears

  • I changed up the shoulders for Cal, replacing the odd piping around the collar with a pattern that is intended to resemble claws.
  • The numbers on the home jersey have been changed from gold to white
  • The pants have the claws on the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting. I like the color balances of the home and alt, but feel like the yellow name and claw marks on the white don't pop. I also see Wolverine from X men in the yellow pants and i know very little about comics, etc. I know Nike currently has the Cal contract, but this feels more like an Under Armour type treatment, if that makes any sense. Nice work overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, benpc21 said:

This is interesting. I like the color balances of the home and alt, but feel like the yellow name and claw marks on the white don't pop. I also see Wolverine from X men in the yellow pants and i know very little about comics, etc. I know Nike currently has the Cal contract, but this feels more like an Under Armour type treatment, if that makes any sense. Nice work overall.

I thought about that. What do you think about blue claws with a yellow outline, like the numbers? Just blue is a little too bland for that set, it leaves out too much yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, an update will come for Cal later today, but let's keep moving with Arizona State.

Arizona State Sun Devils

  • TWO colors for ASU: Maroon and gold. Two helmets: maroon and gold. Too pants: maroon and gold.
  • Noticing a pattern?
  • The pitchfork stays as the primary logo, but no longer is it oversized on the helmet.
  • The pitchfork also becomes the main identity. It's used on the pants and jersey.
  • And for those traditionalists, a throwback becomes the alternate.

Thanks for the encouragement and C&C so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the numbers on the ASU could be bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that would work for Cal.

 

On ASU good use of the shock web template. Not a fan of the pattern, but you used it well. My first thought is that the pitchfork looks only half there. I know that's how it's used on the current set, but based on how you are using it, did you try having the pointy tip on both sides of the shaft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, benpc21 said:

I think that would work for Cal.

 

On ASU good use of the shock web template. Not a fan of the pattern, but you used it well. My first thought is that the pitchfork looks only half there. I know that's how it's used on the current set, but based on how you are using it, did you try having the pointy tip on both sides of the shaft?

It is. If you look on the back view, there is another tip to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would try a double outline on the numbers on Cal. The gold gets lost when right next to the white and adding a second outline would definitely make it stand out better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MCH925 said:

It is. If you look on the back view, there is another tip to it.

I hadn't looked at it that way. I was more meaning on the shoulders and pants, the pointy barbed tip is only on one side which i would say is either of the side prongs of the trident. I was looking at the main, longer piece of the trident that is barbed on both sides. I was thinking if you added the barb on each side, it might look more like the trident, if that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, benpc21 said:

I hadn't looked at it that way. I was more meaning on the shoulders and pants, the pointy barbed tip is only on one side which i would say is either of the side prongs of the trident. I was looking at the main, longer piece of the trident that is barbed on both sides. I was thinking if you added the barb on each side, it might look more like the trident, if that makes sense.

I see what you mean. However, they've used that version since the pitchfork became the main logo. The reason they use that instead of a two-side fork is because the logo is a trident. This is supposed to be one of the forks on that trident.

 

I'll get a Cal update later. For now, here's Wazzu.

Washington State

Here's an unpopular opinion: WSU's uniforms are awesome. The colors blend well for me - that is, when they use the colors, which was my main goal here, to restore the colors. I also love that new alternate they used for Oregon. Sorry, but I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work. Is the alternate's gray supposed to be darker than the normal gray?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the Cougs! I think the helmets look good with the contrasting face mask, the only exception being the white. I'm a sucker for their storm trooper look and think that one benefits from the white mask. Really like the way the stripes angle, especially on the pants. Maybe I'm just accustomed to it, but I feel like it's missing something without "Washington State" across the chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One update and one new concept. First, Cal.

Cal Golden BearsJust changed shoulder claws to blue with a yellow outline. I also change the claws on the pants to match the jersey.

Next up, the Bruins.

UCLA Bruins

UCLA isn't that hard. Just use Clarendon numbers, and everything else is fine. I also added a navy jersey as an alternate.

 

Let me know what you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing? Okay, let's move on to Washington.

5nTd7Ue.png

  • Black is gone. Black has no place in Seattle.
  • The chrome helmet is also gone.
  • The thin arching stripes are pulled from the 2002 uniforms
  • White helmet stays, but as an alternate, and the stripes return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like that WSU set a lot. I don't really have any nitpicks on it.

 

Definitely not where I thought you'd go with UCLA other than the Clarendon. Not totally disappointed per se, but not sure about it. I think the home and away sets could benefit from thicker outlines on the jersey numbers. I'd consider bringing back one of their shadowed number looks to better incorporate the navy third color. The NOB looks awfully tiny compared to the numbers, especially in comparison to your WSU set. I can see where you were going with the pant stripes but I just don't think it works, especially on the home set with the navy outward stripes. Looks too jumbled IMO. Overall I don't think this one is as strong as your other sets. It's a good start but it's not quite there yet. I may be in the minority, but that's how it struck me. I like the socks though, they're pretty snazzy.

 

I have family ties to U-Dub, been to tons of Huskies games over the years (Gramps had nice season tickets) so this was what I was most looking forward to. Now here I like the inclusion of the pant stripes, except I think you should put 'em on all of 'em for consistency. The arched double stripes are a nice touch, I went to several games in '02 so that's a good memory spark; I think I was at the Oregon State game that year. The away numbers are a different weight than the others. Again the NOB feels too small. For my personal taste the purple is a little too blue (I know that's what they're going with these days) and the gold is a tad on the light side, but it does look modern and sharp. I really like the choice of ditching the black though, this is a much more refined and classic look for a university football program with plenty of rich history.

 

As I always say, trash can is near, but hopefully some of the C&C is helpful. Keep it up, I really enjoy your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.