Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bruins said:

I came up with three possible logo ideas for the SCAA, the first being kind of a word badge, and the third a retro idea that they either stuck with, or could throw back to. let me know what you think

image.jpeg

I like the top left, the shield shape is awesome and it reminds me of the US Soccer logo

8 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

scaalogoconcept.png

Here's my concept logo, letters are transparent for easy recoloring to team colors.

I like the font section on this logo and the shape looks very clean

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

On 9/30/2016 at 0:17 AM, sleuthpanther said:

Hello guys, welcome to the SCAA! If all goes well, this ambitious project should be interesting and fun for the whole community. I do not believe something like this has been done before on the boards, the closest comparison would probably be the soccer club cup project floating around here a while ago. Without further ado, let's get into the general idea and some rules!

General Idea

The general idea of this project is to create an NCAA-like system here on the boards. Each member creates a fictional university, and creates logos and uniforms for different sports for that university. This would not be something you have to apply to, just post your way in. As more people add schools, conferences will be created, expanded, and more will be created. With this, conference logos, bowls and whatever else comes around will be created as well. This will hopefully create a tradition and history of it's own. Traditional sports like Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, and Soccer could be included. However the amount of content for each university is up to the creator. Want to show off your college's womens lacrosse uniforms? Go right ahead!

THIS IS NOT A FANTASY LEAGUE

There are college fantasy leagues here already, this is not meant to replace them. With this idea I don't mean to tread on the toes of fantasy leagues here or the members that diligently compete in them. This is purely for design, for those folks who just want to help create something like another world, and add there own little piece. A note for people who might be in these fantasy leagues, keep those teams in fantasy leagues. Don't mix them into this mess.

So, how do we start something like this?

Initially, people would just post concepts of style guides/logos, NO UNIFORMS YET. This to keep clutter down, and we don't even know what sports we would be covering. Once enough people contributed, conferences could be discussed. This would be continued until concrete decisions are made. Conferences would then be created officially. Concepts would be continually posted, and talks of expansion would open up. A time limit would be set to enter teams into "consideration" (EVERYONE CAN JOIN, NO ONE WILL BE LEFT OUT. CONSIDERATION MEANS WHICH CONFERENCE YOUR TEAM WOULD END UP IN). Once this time limit is up, conference alignment would be set up, and the process would repeat. Somewhere in this process, uniform concepts would be created and other cool stuff like that. I would only ask that you KEEP POSTS CONCISE. DON'T POST FIVE TIMES WHAT YOU CAN POST IN ONE POST (that was a mouthful). Obviously something like this would involve an absurd amount of people, so posting could easily get out of hand. 

Post initially in this format

Name of University:

Nickname:

Location (City, State):

Colors:

*Please attach logo sheets and things like that under, feel free to include other fun stuff about the college as well! 

A Few More Cosmetic Rules

-Schools must be original. Don't try to put in "University of Michigan State" or something stupid like that. This is meant to be 100% original content.

-One primary logo. It doesn't matter if the logo is as simple as a block letter, just make sure there is a clearly defined primary logo. People are of course free to have as many secondary and tertiary logos as they please. 

-At least one primary and one secondary color. Don't just say "My school color is red". It's gotta be at least red and white.

-MAX. two universities to a single metro area (at least to begin with). There's a lot of United States out there, explore it. If there are truly too many universities, there's always room to change this rule.

-Use your best judgement for potentially offensive nicknames and things. Best Judgment. Need I say more?

So, what do you all think? I have a concept locked and loaded but I'd like to hear what you all think first! I think this has the potential to be something fun for the community as a whole, and potentially get newer members stirred up into the pot a little bit. Alot of different levels of expertise would be represented, and noobies and vets alike could receive helpful criticism along the way. It would be a lot of work, and I'd need the help of anyone who wants to get this going! Questions, comments, and concerns are greatly appreciated, hope to hear from all of you!

Can one designer have more than one school?

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

Can one designer have more than one school?

For the moment only one.

I really like both Spanna65 and Chapeeko ideas for the NCAA logo. Really hard to choose one!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

@Steelman Very good looking concept, nice to have a midwestern team in the mix! Send me over your primary asap for map placement! One critique I would have is simplification of the lion's face. The details might get lost over longer distances

@hettinger_rl For now yes, might change later not sure yet.

@Bruins That looks awesome, I'd make the difference between helmet and dog a little more noticeable though. Maybe a sharp stroke or something.

Also I'm loving the UCF style three letter diagonal logos as much as the next guy, but for might be enough for now! :lol:

We have a lot of schools. Do the schools in the "Northwest States" (Minnesota and west to Oregon, including Alaska, no south of Denver) want to create the Midwest-Cascadia Conference (MCC)? Each designer would work in a council system, representing their school, in deciding scheduling rules and expansion. 

The elligble schools (so far) would be (according to locations):

Portland Tech (in)

Alaska-Juneau State University (in)

University of the Iron @Chapeeko

University if Spokane @Rldeepcove

Rainer Tacoma University (in)

University of Northern Minnesota (in)

Great Falls University @Dalex

University of Central Colorado (in)

(total of 8)

If you guys agree to create a conference and think we should invite other colleges, I say majority rules. 

I'd like to propose a conference called the North American Conference Compromising of the schools in the Great Lakes and the South.

1. College of Oak Ridge German Shepards @Davidellias

2. West Mississippi Bandits @RevNet

3. Waxahachie State Buffaloes @ColeJ

4. DeSoto Armadillos @ZionEagle

5. Norman Horns @Rebelball24

6. Las Cruces Coyotes @poiper2

Lakes

1. Great Lakes University Sailors @TheLogoManiac13

2. Rogers Clark Badgers @gswansea

3. Lansing University Bears @spartan lover-

4. Quad City College Lions @Steelman

5. @bucknut42's TBD school in Northern Indiana

6. TBA

Plus one other school (who wants that spot?)

What ya guys think?

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

7 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

I'd like to propose a conference called the North American Conference Compromising of the schools in the Great Lakes and the South.

Lakes

6. TBA

What ya guys think?

I like the idea!

I would add a pacific divison with:

1. Portland Tech @Bruins

2. University of the Iron @Chapeeko

3. University of Spokane @Rldeepcove

4. Rainer Tacoma University @Spanna65

5. Serra University @sleuthpanther

6. Lake Tahoe Tech

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

13 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

Lakes

6. TBA

What ya guys think?

I like this idea, as far as the last spot @bucknut42 mentioned creating another Indiana school.  I'd like to see that in-state rivalry.

Just now, RTI said:

If I could get in... I would like for my School to be located in West Tennessee. That's if you don't mind.

I think there will still be room for you if you have a concept.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived